LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

I found out that @madrig moonlights as Santa Claus during the holidays because these showed up at my house. Incredible quality as always. This is his new liberal style wing that follows the USDM roof lines and is slightly different from his normal wing with less "duck-tail". We had started talking about this wing a year or so ago but he completely surprised me on the design of the fiber. It's fucking GORGEOUS!!! I had an idea of how I wanted to partial paint and leave some cf exposed originally but now I don't know what I'm going to do.

P.S. It's so awesome that pic's don't need to be compressed anymore.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

• Like 5

Yeah that wing is teh hot. A lot of things make me sad I don't have oodles of disposable income, and that is one of them.

I really need to start getting the black interior in my car. The new stuff is collecting all sorts of garbage in the garage, and I miss my heated seat. The new stuff is 07, which I believe is slightly different on the driver's side and wildly different on the passenger. There is a thread about the swap, but all pics are dead so I'm left with perusing vacation pics. For anyone who took a vacation in 2007, what album do you use? I only see 2005, 2008 and 2009 on the shelf.

Edited by seanyb505

On 12/29/2022 at 2:12 PM, DoctorDaveLGT said:

I found out that @madrig moonlights as Santa Claus during the holidays because these showed up at my house. Incredible quality as always. This is his new liberal style wing that follows the USDM roof lines and is slightly different from his normal wing with less "duck-tail". We had started talking about this wing a year or so ago but he completely surprised me on the design of the fiber. It's fucking GORGEOUS!!! I had an idea of how I wanted to partial paint and leave some cf exposed originally but now I don't know what I'm going to do.

P.S. It's so awesome that pic's don't need to be compressed anymore.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Very nice!

What about that cf subwoofer mount and grille?

Wait, this is only the first replacement of the windshield...don't you drive the car much, on the highway...LOL My wagon was on its 4th windshield when I sold it in Oct. Even that windshield had a small chip under the driver's view from a stone thrown by an on coming truck after it crossed the train tracks when I was getting into town, Ludlow VT for a ski weekend back in Feb 2017.  Yeah, some things stick out in my mind, others, not so much...just ask my GF...LOL

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I'm definitely going to need a new windshield before I get this thing on the road.

Took the hood latch off the car and cleaned 350,000kms of gunk out of it.  Looks/moves like new.

Cut up the oem transmission cooler rubber hoses, and finished my aftermarket cooler install.  I'm going to add another bracket from on passenger side from hood latch to cooler to make it a bit stiffer.

Started wet sanding some of the road rash out of the foglight lenses. Picked up some transparent red glass paint for them.

322964898_691214155741410_5740700927961725667_n.jpg

Edited by pksystems
  • Like 3

Two big things (for me) I got done over the weekend:

Finished my backup camera install.  I wired it into the OEM nav screen (using THIS guide) so as to leave the stereo unaffected.  Image quality isn't the greatest in the world, but it's definitely better than having no camera.

PXL_20230102_231122994.jpg.7d41a719f6fa30abaa8c06c9d185203b.jpg

The other, possibly controversial thing is I installed a subwoofer that required some 'modification' of the rear seat pass-through hatch.  Please don't crucify me, haha.

arm.jpg.29c4517237c832b42ec73d740f9b81c1.jpg

I tried a sub in a box in the trunk, didn't sound as good as the Infinite Baffle type installation I had in my previous car (2007 Saab 9-3, RIP).  The sub and amp are installed on a removable board, it takes up minimal trunk space and it sounds very clean and strong with less wattage and doesn't rattle the car apart while enjoying it.  I've been missing clean, deep bass for some time.  I still need to complete the install (finish wood assembly and hide the new hole with grill fabric).

I usually stay away from any mod that is not completely reversible, but I broke my rule this time.  Worth it.

308242436_Screenshot2023-01-023_23_36PM.thumb.png.c1bff8204e646e0743333a9900501c14.png

1874473830_Screenshot2023-01-023_24_11PM.thumb.png.d4be0bef44716e733a9be99c86c72de1.png

• Like 4

Has anyone experienced not being able to log in or even see the page/forum? 

Anywho... changed my oil, approximately 1400 over due. I now see an oil leak above the passenger side of the steering rack and an occasional wiff of oil. I literally just jinx myself with the thought of not needing ANY repairs this year other than new tires. 🙃🤦‍♂️

45 minutes ago, Scottydunno said:

Has anyone experienced not being able to log in or even see the page/forum? 

Anywho... changed my oil, approximately 1400 over due. I now see an oil leak above the passenger side of the steering rack and an occasional wiff of oil. I literally just jinx myself with the thought of not needing ANY repairs this year other than new tires. 🙃🤦‍♂️

Looks like the forum was offline for a couple days but seems to be better now.

Does anyone recall if the top feed TGV motor/sensors are compatible with the 05-06 ECUs? I know the connectors are different but don't recall anyone ever using intact topfeed TGVs on an originally side-fed car.

Edit: I have compared the wiring diagrams and know the pinout to the E2 harness is different - I'm wondering if the sensor range and motor power requirements from the ECU are compatible.

Finally got the Whiteline swaybars with Kartboy endlinks installed.  Thought I took a couple pics of the rear bar but I guess not... LOL.

Anyway, the rear bar fit a little better than the front.  I guess the endlinks just look funny because they're at an angle but if the bar had been just a little bit longer it would've fit better.

Also, the whiteline bars came with little clamps that you're supposed to put to one side or the other of the frame bushing but it was impossible to install them on my car.  The bar is curving as it comes out of the bushing on the outboard side so the clamp can't go there and the frame is too close to the bar on the inside of the bushing.  Honestly can't see what good they do anyway, the OEM bar doesn't have them and I've installed a lot of swaybars on different vehicles over the years and never seen a need for something like this.  If you found a way to install them and think they're necessary, please enlighten me!

Took it for a test drive and the ride has firmed up just a little bit and body roll is definitely improved.  It was dark and there are no real twisty roads nearby so will have to wait for another day to really see what it'll do.  I'm sure the rear end will be more willing to come around now, it was stiff enough that I got both wheels off the ground with the jack while taking it off the stands and that didn't happen when I was putting it up.

20230102_170246.jpg

20230102_175208.jpg

20230102_175303.jpg

20230102_175335.jpg

20230102_175423.jpg

20230102_180342.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Underdog said:

Does anyone recall if the top feed TGV motor/sensors are compatible with the 05-06 ECUs? I know the connectors are different but don't recall anyone ever using intact topfeed TGVs on an originally side-fed car.

Edit: I have compared the wiring diagrams and know the pinout to the E2 harness is different - I'm wondering if the sensor range and motor power requirements from the ECU are compatible.

I'm interested in this too as I have 07+ top feeds waiting to be installed - I had just assumed they would be plug and play. iWire does sell the connectors on their website. I'll shoot them an email tomorrow to see whether I get a response.

• Like 1

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

5 hours ago, Enlight said:

I'm interested in this too as I have 07+ top feeds waiting to be installed - I had just assumed they would be plug and play. iWire does sell the connectors on their website. I'll shoot them an email tomorrow to see whether I get a response.

Cool. I may just pick up a set to play around with. Maybe I’ll start a separate thread so we can post what we find. 

On 12/30/2022 at 8:30 PM, WRX USA said:

Very nice!

What about that cf subwoofer mount and grille?

Subwoofer parts are copies of the McIntosh system pieces. I'll need to make some time and throw on just the cover to see how it'll look. I'm sure it will really highlight the condition of the rest of my cargo space ha.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TMBLKDG said:

Finally got the Whiteline swaybars with Kartboy endlinks installed.  Thought I took a couple pics of the rear bar but I guess not... LOL.

Anyway, the rear bar fit a little better than the front.  I guess the endlinks just look funny because they're at an angle but if the bar had been just a little bit longer it would've fit better.

Also, the whiteline bars came with little clamps that you're supposed to put to one side or the other of the frame bushing but it was impossible to install them on my car.  The bar is curving as it comes out of the bushing on the outboard side so the clamp can't go there and the frame is too close to the bar on the inside of the bushing.  Honestly can't see what good they do anyway, the OEM bar doesn't have them and I've installed a lot of swaybars on different vehicles over the years and never seen a need for something like this.  If you found a way to install them and think they're necessary, please enlighten me!

Took it for a test drive and the ride has firmed up just a little bit and body roll is definitely improved.  It was dark and there are no real twisty roads nearby so will have to wait for another day to really see what it'll do.  I'm sure the rear end will be more willing to come around now, it was stiff enough that I got both wheels off the ground with the jack while taking it off the stands and that didn't happen when I was putting it up.

@TMBLKDGThe KB endlinks made a substantial difference for me, I also had reinforcement brackets installed. Not sure if that made any difference. 

However, looking at your endlinks you will need their spacers. They should be as perpendicular as possible to the ground. Also, based on WL's guide for the locking collars, they can be installed on either side. Both inside / towards the center of the car for each collar.

https://www.rallysportdirect.com/part/kar-kb-017wls-kartboy-whiteline-front-swaybar-spacers

https://www.whiteline.com.au/docs/install_guides/Z5160.pdf

Edited by cheeseenlo
Edited for clarity

14 hours ago, Underdog said:

2 hours ago, BoozeRS05 said:

I have a full 08 LGT top feed conversion too. Planned to move it all over when my motor comes out. A guide on this would be excellent.

Parts are all in boxes, lmk if I can help 

I've created a separate thread for OEM Sidefeed to Topfeed TGV Conversion (05/06 to 07+ Conversion).

• Like 2

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

58 minutes ago, DoctorDaveLGT said:

Subwoofer parts are copies of the McIntosh system pieces. I'll need to make some time and throw on just the cover to see how it'll look. I'm sure it will really highlight the condition of the rest of my cargo space ha.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

I just tossed my McIntosh sub driver since the speaker surround was falling apart. Which driver do you plan on installing in that? How do you plan on replacing the foam at the bottom?

AF77C20F-A586-47AB-981A-6A48C4C10C51.jpeg