LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

3 hours ago, snow05gtRI said:

sad day!  mine is still sitting :hide: ... almost had it sold this summer for pennies, but it didn't pan out...

how much for yours? ;)

TBD! I submitted it to Bring a Trailer so I guess I need to see how that plays out before I list it outright. I’ll be sure to keep folks updated here. 

1 hour ago, seanyb505 said:

Meanwhile, today is my 10 year purchase anniversary, set to hit 100k of my own miles before new year. 

Congrats on the anniversary and milestone!

3 minutes ago, Underdog said:

TBD! I submitted it to Bring a Trailer so I guess I need to see how that plays out before I list it outright. I’ll be sure to keep folks updated here. 

Congrats on the anniversary and milestone!

drop a BAT link when it's up

• Like 2

Underdog,

sad to see you making that call but seeing how much it was sitting it is not completely unexpected. Wish it were a wagon, I would buy it from you in a heart bit.

Drop us a link to BAT!

PS. Still have those Bilsteins I bought from you sitting in boxes. Total suspension overhaul will be coming at some point ;)

• Like 1

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 249K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 272K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Finished off my trans cooler thermostat mount..... Or so I thought.

I saw a video of it mounted this way on an outback, but our massive foglight housings are in the way, so this is no good.  

I will hack up the mount and find some other location.  Maybe on the backside of the crash bumper. 

PXL_20221213_025808958.jpg

Edited by pksystems

Jury is still out due to not a huge amount of driving but since doing the maf plug my trims are at A = 2.5-3.5, B = -13, C = -2.5, D = 0 (haven't had a chance to go WOT). So A looks much better, B looks much worse, and C is about the same. Oil needs to be changed in about 1000-km and I think it's time to do plugs (I've owned the car for about 30,000 km and haven't done them yet, but they have been checked and no issues found). Could be high vacuum in B range is pulling oil past valve seals (or rings possibly?) and due to my short drives the oil has a lot of gas in it (I mostly see B on decel). I do 4000 km oil changes due to the short trips and gas contamination in the oil but maybe I need to shorten it even more. 

B range is a very short range. You spend most time in either A or C, and obviously D when you begin pushing it. When you installed the wire plug, did you reset the ECU or not? In any case, one less thing to worry about.

Edited by xt2005bonbon

On 12/12/2022 at 5:53 AM, Underdog said:

Hey all - sad to say it but the time has come for me to part ways with my Legacy. The car sits way more than it should and frankly I need to move beyond my attachment to it. It's an understatement to say it has been a great car to drive for the past 16 years (!!!) and I have loved being a part of this community. I'd love for it to go to someone with the same passion for the platform, and will be making a sale thread in the classifieds. If you know anyone who has been looking for an exceptionally clean, original-owner, sub 90k mile 2006 LGT 5spd,  I'd appreciate you pointing them my way.

IMG_2658.jpg

IMG_4100.jpg

IMG_2404.jpg

IMG_4046.jpg

IMG_3042.jpg

IMG_2403.jpg

Dammit.  One LGT I would probably buy.  Like  nearing the event horizon  I feel the gravitational forces sucking me in.  Must use restraint and exhibit self control.........

Edited by m sprank
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, m sprank said:

Dammit.  One LGT I would probably buy.  Like a nearing the event horizon the I feel the gravitational forces sucking me in.  Must use restraint and exhibit self control.........

No restraint. No self control. Just common sense: GO GET IT ALREADY. Fun road trip for you from MD to MS. One of a kind car. You know it.

Edited by xt2005bonbon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, xt2005bonbon said:

B range is a very short range. You spend most time in either A or C, and obviously D when you begin pushing it. When you installed the wire plug, did you reset the ECU or not? In any case, one less thing to worry about.

Yes, I reset it. I checked voltage and resistance at the plug with the car at acc on so I needed to reset due to the codes it generates. Resistance seemed a bit higher on the ground wires than expected at ~30 ohms. Not sure if there is a spec range for these in the FSM, I'll try to look for that in the diagnostics section.

3 hours ago, lagwagon said:

Yes, I reset it. I checked voltage and resistance at the plug with the car at acc on so I needed to reset due to the codes it generates. Resistance seemed a bit higher on the ground wires than expected at ~30 ohms. Not sure if there is a spec range for these in the FSM, I'll try to look for that in the diagnostics section.

That sounds very high for a ground wire.  I would fix that next.

4 hours ago, m sprank said:

Dammit.  One LGT I would probably buy.  Like a nearing the event horizon the I feel the gravitational forces sucking me in.  Must use restraint and exhibit self control.........

I get the struggle! Exactly why I’ve been unable to part with it for the past several years, even though I haven’t had the chance to drive it much. Honestly I’d be psyched for it to go to you or any other of the die hard enthusiasts here. 

• Like 1

I’ve been thinking about it while waiting for some answers to my questions from the folks at BaT. They were encouraging me to list it no reserve, which frankly is pretty intimidating. My gut feeling is I’d rather list it here at a fixed price and potentially leave some cash on the table than take the chance of getting hosed, but I need a few more answers before I make my decision. I have the FS thread all typed up - so if I decline to auction it I’ll set a price and list it in the next day or two. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Underdog said:

I’ve been thinking about it while waiting for some answers to my questions from the folks at BaT... I have the FS thread all typed up - so if I decline to auction it I’ll set a price and list it in the next day or two. 

No hurt in trying here before you head to BaT.

8 hours ago, xt2005bonbon said:

No restraint. No self control. Just common sense: GO GET IT ALREADY. Fun road trip for you from MD to MS. One of a kind car. You know it.

Re-join the club, this thread needs more content!

• Like 3

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

6 hours ago, xt2005bonbon said:

Yeah, that's sound too high. I would think ground should be close to 0 ohm.

I retested with the new plug and I got 4.5 on one ground and 2.5 on the other. That still seems high but way better than it was with the old plug. My memory is hazy but I thought resistance on sensor grounds were supposed to be less than 1 ohm. I’ve been testing to the battery since I’m not sure where the sensors are grounded (under the carpet near the ecu?). 

15 hours ago, Underdog said:

I’ve been thinking about it while waiting for some answers to my questions from the folks at BaT. They were encouraging me to list it no reserve, which frankly is pretty intimidating. My gut feeling is I’d rather list it here at a fixed price and potentially leave some cash on the table than take the chance of getting hosed, but I need a few more answers before I make my decision. I have the FS thread all typed up - so if I decline to auction it I’ll set a price and list it in the next day or two. 

Don't be surprised that you might not get close to what you think. The car is nice and in great condition, but it's an 06 5MT, and it would have to go to someone that really wants one or has cash. Most banks are not even looking at giving a loan for a 2006. I would say ask 10K but look for 8200. The market is trash because people bought cars way over sticker. it's crazy what's going on in the car buying market now.

• Like 1

Woof. Yeah that would be a tough pill to swallow but I understand the market is crap and it’s a pretty niche vehicle so it would take the right buyer at the right time. Definitely tilts the scales in favor of a part out because then I could sell a clean chassis at a much more competitive price to someone looking for a clean slate for their own build. 

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, xt2005bonbon said:

Car is not that far away.  I have traveled more distance to pick up.  Issue is cash.  No bank (legal) will open a new loan on a 2006 model year car.  Not an LGT at least.  Its Christmas, family is priority. 

Must be "adult" and not buy toys for me. 

Mod car for use at Summit Point???  https://summitpointmotorsportspark.com/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Underdog said:

Woof. Yeah that would be a tough pill to swallow but I understand the market is crap and it’s a pretty niche vehicle so it would take the right buyer at the right time. Definitely tilts the scales in favor of a part out because then I could sell a clean chassis at a much more competitive price to someone looking for a clean slate for their own build. 

@UnderdogDon't part out this car out. At the right time, a buyer will come forward. It will be exactly the year, trim and condition they are looking for. It's just timing and if you have time, that person will make that offer inevitably. 

In my opinion, I would list within the forum first. Visibility is lower but for those who are still active we can vouch for the build quality, reputation of the owner and overall value of this vehicle. I actually sent this to my buddy who has been looking for a SpecB. If you want to share pricing over PM, I'd gladly share this with him to see if he's interested. 

Not knocking BaT or equivalent auction sites which will generate more visibility. But I'm with you on the no reserve deal. It's a toss up in the end, you won't have a choice if its way under what your expectations were on final sale price.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Underdog said:

I couldn't part mine out. I just couldn't undo years of carefully calculated work to get it to the desired state. I know if the day ever comes that I need to pass it on, I'll lose potential money because of it; but I'm better off mentally. 😝

• Like 4

2 hours ago, m sprank said:

Car is not that far away.  I have traveled more distance to pick up.  Issue is cash.  No bank (legal) will open a new loan on a 2006 model year car.  Not an LGT at least.  Its Christmas, family is priority. 

Must be "adult" and not buy toys for me. 

Mod car for use at Summit Point???  https://summitpointmotorsportspark.com/

Good man. This is the main reason my car has sat - I built it to be a weekend toy back when my first was born, and ever since my weekends have largely been dedicate to other, more important things. Not that they are mutually exclusive, but the car fell way down the list of priorities. BTW I am in MA, so Lime Rock would be my track of choice. :)

2 hours ago, cheeseenlo said:

@UnderdogDon't part out this car out. At the right time, a buyer will come forward. It will be exactly the year, trim and condition they are looking for. It's just timing and if you have time, that person will make that offer inevitably. 

In my opinion, I would list within the forum first. Visibility is lower but for those who are still active we can vouch for the build quality, reputation of the owner and overall value of this vehicle. I actually sent this to my buddy who has been looking for a SpecB. If you want to share pricing over PM, I'd gladly share this with him to see if he's interested. 

Not knocking BaT or equivalent auction sites which will generate more visibility. But I'm with you on the no reserve deal. It's a toss up in the end, you won't have a choice if its way under what your expectations were on final sale price.

I appreciate the wisdom. I definitely have the time to wait, and like I said earlier - I'd rather leave some on the table and have it go to the right buyer than squeeze every last penny out of it on auction to some rando. The key is going to be measured investment into the things it needs to be ready and more desirable for sale when the time comes. The upside is that the investments will make it easier to drive in the meantime (replacing my 10y/o summer tires with an all season, for example).

28 minutes ago, Infosecdad said:

I couldn't part mine out. I just couldn't undo years of carefully calculated work to get it to the desired state. I know if the day ever comes that I need to pass it on, I'll lose potential money because of it; but I'm better off mentally. 😝

This sounds a lot like encouragement to never let it go! :lol:

• Like 4

Agree with everything said above ^^^. No part-out, list on the forums first, wait for the right buyer if you can, and only put it on BaT with a reserve. 8200 is chump money for such a build.

Honestly if you are in a position where you do not have to sell this car to just get money, I would sell it very slow waiting for the right buyer to come forward. I am sure you thought this over times and again. Just my 2c.

Just for the reference, I barely driven 3750 miles since last autox in summer of 2021. Just crossed the TCI today coming home from work. She's still a hoot to drive! Put her through some paces on a twisty back road and even on winter tires and with worn bilsteins its a lot of fun.

• Like 3

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 249K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 272K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K