LegacyGT.com

Japan to NYC Container Sharing Service

Enlight

muFreight (website)
Email: info at muFreight dot co
Tel.: (seven-one-eight) 679-6890
Instagram: @muFreight
Office: 41-25 Kissena Blvd., Suite 120, Flushing, NY 11355

Mods, I've spoken to one of your team but please let me know if vendor status is required.

Hi folks, I want to bring your attention to a container sharing service I've launched. The purpose of this service is to lower the cost of shipping from Japan to the point where it makes sense. The idea for this business was borne out of my personal shock at the shipping fees for car parts from Japan. This service would allow you to purchase parts more economically from sites like Yahoo! Auctions Japan and UpGarage/Croooober.

The Service

muFreight is both a proxy purchasing and container sharing service.

Proxy purchasing is necessary to buy things on Yahoo! Auctions Japan because registration is impossible for people outside of Japan. Yahoo! Auctions can be a great marketplace for hard-to-find offerings from JDM makers for our cars. How it works is you email me at "info at muFreight dot co" with your maximum bid. When we receive the item at our Osaka warehouse, the second part of this service comes in - container sharing. Croooober, UpGarage's online division, is also worth checking out.

Other existing proxy purchasing companies cannot ship as affordably as we can. The reason for this is because they use air parcel shipping or traditional ocean freight. Unfortunately, each of these systems are not optimized for the items car enthusiasts are typically after. Too big for air parcel, too small for ocean freight. Our container sharing service seeks to fill this gap.

How it Works

1. Shop for items you want to purchase
    1. Watch this tutorial on How to Shop:
    2. Yahoo! Auctions
    3. Croooober
  2. Email info at muFreight dot co
    1. Include the link of the item you want to purchase and your maximum bid
  3. We place a bid on your behalf
    1. We will place a pre-authorization on your credit/debit card and will only process the charge if/when you win
    2. We charge a 20% Purchasing Fee or $10 on your purchases (before Japanese domestic shipping), whichever is higher
  4. Item received at warehouse
    1. When we receive your item at our warehouse it will be stored in the shipping container
    2. We chargean Intake Fee of $10 or 10% of the Japanese domestic shipping fee for each item, whichever is higher
    3. We charge $15/cu. ft. to ship your item from Japan to our warehouse in NYC (i.e. a bumper costs approximately $350)
    4. We can repackage your items for a small fee (F+R bumpers together may only cost $400-$450)
    5. A container ships every 3 months or sooner (whenever the container fills)
      1. Actual shipments dates may be unpredictable due freight ship availability
    6. Japan to NYC transit time is about 1 month, totaling 4 months
  5. Item arrives in NYC
    1. Emails will go out when the items arrive in NYC and are available for pickup
    2. We can also ship outs parts via UPS/USPS/Fedex (commercial rates) and/or any other shipment method you prefer

Total Costs Recap

1. Purchasing Fee: 20% or $10, whichever is higher
  2. Japanese Domestic Processing: 10% of Japanese postage or $10, whichever is higher
  3. Freight from Japan to NYC: $15/cu. ft.
  4. US Domestic Shipping: Shipping Cost + 10% of Postage or $10 (we ship at discounted commercial rates)

Summary

If you have any questions about the process, costs, or items, please reach out via email or the number at the top of the post. I check PM's here too but it will be easier to keep track of all orders if we stick to one communication system. Please note that the fees and processes are likely to change as this business hopefully grows.

• Like 5

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

• 1 month later...