LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

2 hours ago, KZJonny said:

Oh for sure. I just took a look at the $120 USD cost + shipping and thought it was a little ridiculous for some folded metal and a grommet. Also, my garage project means I am broke. Like, not buying groceries kind of broke while I eat eveything I put away in my freezer this summer. 🙄

I told myself I'd make some out of stainless as soon as I had the chance..... and there is still a drilled out hockey puck holding my radiator off the support bar. (The bar is nearly as bad for rust and also has to come out.) In all seriousness, it isn't bad little mount, but it looks ghetto AF.

It just sounded like maybe you were prettying up the bay, and wanted new ones for semi-cosmetic reasons, so maybe the old ones could be salvaged. I'm in no hurry at all and may get lucky and find a set in the pick n save yard on a car that comes in that aren't completely crap before the Spring as well.

EDIT: New part doesn't come with a new grommet for that price!! 😕

From my experience the listed price is MSRP and typically the actual price at the counter is somewhat less. But yeah I agree that it does look a bit steep for a simple stamped piece of steel.

I will keep in mind you are looking for replacement when I get time to replace them.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

19 minutes ago, SubOperator said:

From my experience the listed price is MSRP and typically the actual price at the counter is somewhat less. But yeah I agree that it does look a bit steep for a simple stamped piece of steel.

I will keep in mind you are looking for replacement when I get time to replace them.

All good! Just figured If they were going to end up in the bin, or scrap metal pile, I’d throw someone a few dolllars +shipping for a set that are ugly but useable. (I’ll try to grab a photo of mine, good for a chuckle, I promise.)

Just got her some new wheels and tires put on her, I decided to go with 235/45/17

instead of her 215/45/17 in hopes she'd look a little more beefy, I also rolled the fenders since I added wheel adapters to accommodate the poke fitment of the new WRX wheels. I'm pretty happy with the result. I also got her some fresh lower control arms, sway bars, tie rods and engine mounts installed. I want to update all of her suspension this year if possible. I discovered that her left side is about half an inch lower than the right side. I'd like to get some coil overs in the future.IMG_20230116_173737_547.thumb.jpg.2bc5faf2e6c8ec3fda744ca598cb4814.jpg

20230117_105455.jpg

20230117_105545.jpg

20230105_102025.jpg

20230117_105612.jpg

• Like 3

@KZJonny I've got a spare set of rad mounts I can send you. They'll either be brand new OEM mounts or brand new Mishimoto mounts, OR I can send you some used TorqueSolutions mounts but they don't have the rubber in them anymore so probably not ideal ha. Can't say which one it will be for certain though but I think I can make some time this weekend to find out.

Quick back story, I've got one of Madrig's CF rad covers and the TS mounts I had on the car didn't fit underneath it (they're beefy). I cut the rubber on them to try and get creative but nope, me was dumb. Ended up buying the OEM & Mishimoto sets sometime back to play around with and just haven't found the time to actually do that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, DoctorDaveLGT said:

@KZJonny I've got a spare set of rad mounts I can send you. They'll either be brand new OEM mounts or brand new Mishimoto mounts, OR I can send you some used TorqueSolutions mounts but they don't have the rubber in them anymore so probably not ideal ha. Can't say which one it will be for certain though but I think I can make some time this weekend to find out.

Quick back story, I've got one of Madrig's CF rad covers and the TS mounts I had on the car didn't fit underneath it (they're beefy). I cut the rubber on them to try and get creative but nope, me was dumb. Ended up buying the OEM & Mishimoto sets sometime back to play around with and just haven't found the time to actually do that.

I’m fairly sure he is looking for lower radiator mounts, not the upper mounts that would compete with a carbon fiber radiator cover. I also have a set of the upper mounts I’d be happy to send you.

• Like 2

On 1/16/2023 at 1:11 PM, SubOperator said:

I would have no problems giving them to you but chances are I won't be getting them off soon. Did you check if this is something that can be purchased from Subaru? Looks like this is the part # you want 45124AG01A

https://parts.parkersubaru.com/p/subaru__Legacy/Radiator-Mount-Bracket-Lower-Radiator-Mount-Bracket/49251899/45124AG01A.html

I wonder whether this part is interchangeable with 45124AG010 which is only $10. I cannot tell the difference between the photos. I will give them a shot but I'm about a month from reinstalling my engine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

1 hour ago, Enlight said:

I wonder whether this part is interchangeable with 45124AG010 which is only $10. I cannot tell the difference between the photos. I will give them a shot but I'm about a month from reinstalling my engine.

Hmm, 01A should be just a revision of 010 if I understand Subaru parts' naming correctly. That's a big if though. For $10 it's worth just trying. The 'what this fits' lists 08-09 WRX/STI which is pretty much BL/BP engine bay. Interesting for sure.

• Like 2

Cleaned MAF sensors on LGT and Tribeca. Received new winter wheels for wife's 22 MDX. Enkeis are light for sure.

For LGT received the coveted euro stereo unit. Ready to do my own conversion for properly oriented (LHD) HVAC controls with 2DIN faceplate. Took me a week from starting to look for the unit to receiving it:

image.thumb.png.63d2e073d23e85e9169da087b4486a7b.pngimage.thumb.png.b1fb25365a388009909828851b53e0ab.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Enlight said:

!!!
Those look damn close, and for a difference of ~$100, I’m willing to enlarge a bolt hole or make a spacer bracket…

That seems like a reasonable price for some stamped metal parts.

EDIT: $15.88 CAD/ea delivered to my local dealership, so I'll be the Guinea pig on this one. I have a set of GT lowers supports from a friend that were going to be templates for me to make new ones from SS. Since that's a project that never happened...... I will take some photos to compare the two part numbers. Fingers Crossed.

Edited by KZJonny
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, NORULZleggy said:

Why no Assent? :) 

Funny that you ask. It was meant to be an Assent. Pretty much set on it. But after going and test driving one we couldn't shake the feeling it was an outgrown modded WRX, loud and jerky. Out Tribeca at 15 years old is much nicer and more pleasant on the road.

When we unexpectedly stumbled upon Acura dealership on the way home from Subaru, stopped by and were shown just released 22 MDX. Test drove it and was all we wanted.

At the end , turbo 4 and CVT lost to 6 cyl non turbo and 10 speed auto. I like the amenities in MDX too but it was the driving dynamics that decided the purchase. Subaru shouldn't have gone with 4 banger and CVT on such a big car as Assent, the EZ36 and updated AT (8 speed would be fine) would server Assent much better.

I have heard similar opinions from few people who eyed Assent but ultimately passed on it for the same reason.

Do not want to start a holy war about it, but that's my story.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, SubOperator said:

Funny that you ask. It was meant to be an Assent. Pretty much set on it. But after going and test driving one we couldn't shake the feeling it was an outgrown modded WRX, loud and jerky. Out Tribeca at 15 years old is much nicer and more pleasant on the road.

When we unexpectedly stumbled upon Acura dealership on the way home from Subaru, stopped by and were shown just released 22 MDX. Test drove it and was all we wanted.

At the end , turbo 4 and CVT lost to 6 cyl non turbo and 10 speed auto. I like the amenities in MDX too but it was the driving dynamics that decided the purchase. Subaru shouldn't have gone with 4 banger and CVT on such a big car as Assent, the EZ36 and updated AT (8 speed would be fine) would server Assent much better.

I have heard similar opinions from few people who eyed Assent but ultimately passed on it for the same reason.

Do not want to start a holy war about it, but that's my story.

I totally agree with you on this. That tank needs some more power. They are nice, I was at the auto show last weekend and was sitting in one. But I need a bigger motor in that thing. 

• Like 2

I know this is subjective, but I still don't like the look of the Ascent. I am trying hard to like it each time I see one but it's not working :(. It looks like a much larger Forester to me. Other brands are doing a much better job in the styling department IMO.

• Like 4

I need just the bottom of the double din for heater controls.  Anyone have just the bottom panel?  Ill probably just end up getting the whole AVO kit.  but figured I'd ask.  I want my defroster back. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gex said:

I need just the bottom of the double din for heater controls.  Anyone have just the bottom panel?  Ill probably just end up getting the whole AVO kit.  but figured I'd ask.  I want my defroster back. 

There was whole JDM kit in FS yesterday

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gex said:

Wait, that last sentence makes me think I messed something up.  Does the regular AVO JDM kit break rear defroster?  Or am I misreading that?  It's probably something else, but my defroster doesn't work, lol.

EDIT: The light comes on and I can hear a relay click, though.  Makes me think my issue is elsewhere.

Edited by SilentJ20

Swapped in a new battery and tidied up the wiring a bit to make the next swap easier. This involved putting a marine terminal on the negative post and re-terminating the negative cable with a 5/16” ring (which fits through the hole I drilled for the grommet - unlike the original battery lug terminal). I also moved the fuel pump fuse to the exterior of the box so it isn’t in the way when you’re trying to remove/install the battery. 

I got 11 years out of the last Deka AGM, here’s hoping this one lasts the same for the next owner (whoever you are).

20001A2C-5FD6-4E7C-A63F-6B8FCF165AD9.jpeg

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, SilentJ20 said:

Wait, that last sentence makes me think I messed something up.  Does the regular AVO JDM kit break rear defroster?  Or am I misreading that?  It's probably something else, but my defroster doesn't work, lol.

EDIT: The light comes on and I can hear a relay click, though.  Makes me think my issue is elsewhere.

This is for my race car.  I just need front defroster.  PO disconnected the heater core and eliminated the panel when they put in roll cage.  

• Like 1