LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

2 hours ago, Gex said:

Asking $300 the kit is only $265 shipped new from AVO

Not including the hazard button ($20) and i88 adapter ($35). I’m not saying it’s a great price, it needs a better description though.

Edited by WRX USA
  • Like 2

Just picked up the new radiator mounts from Subaru. 45124AG010image.thumb.jpg.de88922d7eb4f9f902bd6ab54937f3cb.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.ad0cbe040711a487d9f02357c67a06a7.jpg

I can *almost* understand why they’d have 2 parts numbers and 2 wildly different prices, but…. Nah. No. I have no idea why.

This is the same part, down to the letter ‘B’ stamped into it, except for the $60 CAD difference in price.

I’ll do a remove and replace thread when I cut out the whole rad support bar and everything.

On that note, I was considering re-installing the support member using stainless nutserts instead of welding it back in. I know everything is structural in a way, but given it’s a pretty flimsy peice of metal that just holds up the rad and some wiring, I reckon it will be fine. Open to thoughts on that tho…

EDIT: the ‘old’ one in the photo is borrowed, or I’d use that set. :0

Edited by KZJonny
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Roche said:

Peep my banjo bolt filter..

Looks worse in the photo. Almost no crud in it at 125k miles. I was pretty surprised.

20230114_091507_HDR.jpg

Tell us you left it removed ?  What year car ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

4 minutes ago, KZJonny said:

Just picked up the new radiator mounts from Subaru. 45124AG010image.thumb.jpg.de88922d7eb4f9f902bd6ab54937f3cb.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.ad0cbe040711a487d9f02357c67a06a7.jpg

I can *almost* understand why they’d have 2 parts numbers and 2 wildly different prices, but…. Nah. No. I have no idea why.

This is the same part, down to the letter ‘B’ stamped into it, except for the $60 CAD difference in price.

I’ll do a remove and replace thread when I cut out the whole rad support bar and everything.

On that not, I was considering re-installing the support member using stainless nutserts instead of welding it back in. I know everything is structural in a way, but given it’s a pretty flimsy peice of metal that just holds up the rad and some wiring, I reckon it will be fine. Open to thoughts on that tho…

EDIT: the ‘old’ one in the photo is borrowed, or I’d use that set. :0

Not having seen the whole set up, I'd say bolting it in would be fine.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

That's the ultimate goal. I've got the front seats, carpet, center console, and a few trim pieces. I'm mostly doing this to clear out the garage.  Unfortunately I think the passenger side isn't as plug and play. Going from 05 to 07. Blegh. 

In other news, I did about 50 miles of interstate speed today. No rotor shake, pretty happy to have dodged that bullet after the stuck caliper. Though the whole thing could do with a more thorough bleed .. 

18 hours ago, seanyb505 said:

That's the ultimate goal. I've got the front seats, carpet, center console, and a few trim pieces. I'm mostly doing this to clear out the garage.  Unfortunately I think the passenger side isn't as plug and play. Going from 05 to 07. Blegh. 

In other news, I did about 50 miles of interstate speed today. No rotor shake, pretty happy to have dodged that bullet after the stuck caliper. Though the whole thing could do with a more thorough bleed .. 

I swear I just saw a thread somewhere where a person had adapted the 4-point load sensor seat to the later bladder-style ODS car. I’ll be sure to send you the link if I remember where I saw it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Code said:

I have a full tan interior that has 50k miles on it. Let me know if anyone wants parts or pieces. 

Thanks, though the goal is to go black and not back lol

15 minutes ago, Underdog said:

I swear I just saw a thread somewhere where a person had adapted the 4-point load sensor seat to the later bladder-style ODS car. I’ll be sure to send you the link if I remember where I saw it. 

Yes freaking please! I saw the older thread where user "hops"  put 07 spec b stuff in, though I don't think he finished that part. And he did it in 2009. All the pics are gone too 😕

50 minutes ago, seanyb505 said:

Yes freaking please! I saw the older thread where user "hops"  put 07 spec b stuff in, though I don't think he finished that part. And he did it in 2009. All the pics are gone too 😕

Here you go. Excellent write-up by @Harrimat - there is a walkthrough pdf under the video in the original post.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, xt2005bonbon said:

How is the driver seat? Pics?

I travel home tomorrow afternoon. I can post some pics on Tuesday. Seats are in good condition. 

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

16 minutes ago, xt2005bonbon said:

Why did you replace the driveshaft? Failed ujoints?

No the center carrier bearing was squealing. It sounded like wind. High pitch squeal even when coasting. Was bad for a long time but I couldn't figure out what it was. And it would change pitch depending on the speed.

Edited by kent55
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kent55 said:

I saw these seats recently at a local salvage yard here in Youngstown Ohio. I thought the color was nice. Not leather though. I have the tan cloth in my white Legacy. 

PXL_20230107_173716463.jpg

PXL_20230107_173747134.jpg

Those look like they could come up nice with a little carpet cleaning action.

Is that a non-GT? They don’t seem to have quite a much side bolstering, or the seat that contours to the head rest, but that’s being fussy.

Edited by KZJonny

3 hours ago, KZJonny said:

Those look like they could come up nice with a little carpet cleaning action.

Is that a non-GT? They don’t seem to have quite a much side bolstering, or the seat that contours to the head rest, but that’s being fussy.

I think 05 was a sole model year when one could get basic GT with cloth seats and no sunroof.

• Like 1

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

19 minutes ago, kent55 said:

Correct. Basic

It's probably a bit far, (almost 4 hours by google maps) but I'm parting out an 05 GT basic model with similar 2 tone cloth interior. I mentioned it elsewhere, but it's helping another owner find homes for the parts, since he has nowhere to store the car.

Unless you had any other reason for going to Buffalo area, it's maybe not super appealing, but the cost would be about $0 for all the seats.... Don't know what the scrapyard is asking for the set. These ones are also in good kip, and wouldn't need the deep clean that those seem to.

Just sayin. I don't stand to gain from this, just hoping to find homes for parts before the whole thing gets hauled off for scrap metal. I can take photos during the day if interested.... They are also basic, non-power seats which is appealing to some for the lighter weight, but I think all the seats and fabric could be moved over to the powered base easily enough...

• Like 1