LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

No idea just yet, I'm hoping to get around to upgrading the entire system this summer and see what the shop will recommend. I've had the sub mount and door cards for the McIntosh mid's installed for a few years now and never got around to adding the speakers. 😪

On 12/31/2022 at 8:46 AM, seanyb505 said:

Windshield getting replaced today. Cold weather snap gave me a nice crack. I've been waiting to get this glass replaced since day one, it's soo pitted. 

20221231_092307_HDR.jpg

Still on my 2006 windshield also lol. it's also pitted, my 2013 Legacy needs one lol. going to get it down in a few months.

1 hour ago, cheeseenlo said:

@TMBLKDGThe KB endlinks made a substantial difference for me, I also had reinforcement brackets installed. Not sure if that made any difference. 

However, looking at your endlinks you will need their spacers. They should be as perpendicular as possible to the ground. Also, based on WL's guide for the locking collars, they can be installed on either side. Both inside / towards the center of the car for each collar.

https://www.rallysportdirect.com/part/kar-kb-017wls-kartboy-whiteline-front-swaybar-spacers

https://www.whiteline.com.au/docs/install_guides/Z5160.pdf

Oh, cool!  I'll definitely get those spacers.  I wasn't real thrilled with how those endlinks lined up.

However, it is impossible to install the lateral locks on either side of the bushing.  As shown in the pics, the bar is curving as it comes out of the bushing on the outboard side and the frame is too close to the bar on the inboard side.  The only way to do it would be to fab a spacer for the bushing bracket that would push the bar far enough out from the frame so that they could be installed on the inboard side. Not sure what that would do to clearances to other components and are they REALLY necessary?  The factory didn't use them and I've never seen them on other aftermarket kits I've used on other vehicles.  Lateral forces on the bar should be pretty minimal except in the most extreme circumstances.  I'm willing to put them on if there's a decent solution that allows it but I don't think it's going to be a problem if they aren't installed.

• Like 1

I hope everyone is having a good start to the new year!

My year didn't end so well, and if anyone knows a good body shop in the Seattle/Tacoma area that would be great!

SC

• Sad 3

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

Installed agency power billet pitch stop.

Made a mount for AFPR.

Pulled the TGV's again and ground off as much of the extra crap on the ends to make more room for the new fuel lines.

Put new seals on injectors and installed the fuel rails.  I'm pretty sure I have the parallel fuel line layout figured out.  

PXL_20230108_021054620.jpg

PXL_20230108_021127625.jpg

Edited by pksystems
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, BoozeRS05 said:

Was gifted this PS cover from another forum member and here it is now, just about ready for paint :)

C0AFDD2F-7042-40B9-97BA-D1D6B7256775.jpeg

22BFC10D-70A8-4EDE-8AD7-8D4746D16E93.jpeg

What was the additional hole for?

Edited by WRX USA

On 1/7/2023 at 4:33 PM, Underdog said:

Oof sorry to hear that. Is everyone ok?

Thanks xt2005bonbon and Underdog!

Nobody was injured, she just ended up in the ditch. I had to pull the bumper, that was mostly off already, off. The radiator support is bent and the radiator is slightly peaked but doesn't seem to be cracked, so at minimum I'm looking at a bumper and a radiator.

Every body shop is booked into mid February. I got lucky with my rental and ended up with a '21 Crosstrek Sport. 

SC

• Like 6

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

On 1/8/2023 at 12:01 AM, pksystems said:

Installed agency power billet pitch stop.

Made a mount for AFPR.

Pulled the TGV's again and ground off as much of the extra crap on the ends to make more room for the new fuel lines.

Put new seals on injectors and installed the fuel rails.  I'm pretty sure I have the parallel fuel line layout figured out.  

PXL_20230108_021054620.jpg

PXL_20230108_021127625.jpg

Just a word of caution. The solid pitch stop will add a lot of vibration.  In my experience this leads to cracks in the firewall.  I have had the firewall mount tear out with solid mounts.

Also, be very diligent in checking for fuel leaks with the AP rails and lines. Not just during install, but every day.  I refused to sell or install AP rails and lines after 3 car-b-ques.  2 had leaks at the rails develope several months after install/tuning.  1 had the lines coating melt and then the line gave out after about 12-16 months.  Run the lines high, not low under the manifild. Equal length lines works best too.  I built a LOT of fuel lines for Subies.  I can post pix  when at a pc. 

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, m sprank said:

Just a word of caution. The solid pitch stop will add a lot of vibration.  In my experience this leads to cracks in the firewall.  I have had the firewall mount tear out with solid mounts.

Also, be very diligent in checking for fuel leaks with the AP rails and lines. Not just during install, but every day.  I refused to sell or install AP rails and lines after 3 car-b-ques.  2 had leaks at the rails develope several months after install/tuning.  1 had the lines coating melt and then the line gave out after about 12-16 months.  Run the lines high, not low under the manifild. Equal length lines works best too.  I built a LOT of fuel lines for Subies.  I can post pix  when at a pc. 

I will see how the pitch stop is once this is on the road.  I still have the factory one I can swap back in later if it's too harsh.

The rails and AFPR are Aeromotive.  Lines are fragola teflon lined stainless braid that I've used on my DSM and never had a leak (when it works) :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, m sprank said:

@m sprankWhich fuel lines do you recommend? Asking if I had to do this again.

I used Earls Ultra Pro lines and the AN fitting for my parallel / equal length line setup. I used their Polyester Braided lines (not SS) which were very easy to work with considering you need a sharp blade / box cutter to make your cuts. It was my first time building my own fuel lines and I learned a ton. It wasn't the cheapest but I wanted something easy to work with. I forget how many lines I made in total but not a single one leaked / failed after I leak tested each one overnight under pressure. The only thing I wasn't fond of was abrasion resistance with the polyester. I don't expect the lines to move around much but definitely could get snagged on sharp edges/corners and expose the inner liner.

• Like 1

Took the Camel GT out to some rainy cold autoX yesterday. Really need to find out if it still has a heater core and hook it back up. Car was fogging up pretty good and it was a chilly wet drive with the windows down.  Sliding around was fun though. New Michelin PS4 did great! 

1B24B2E8-AE37-4905-B79A-5CF12692E60E.jpeg

296C2637-A5A3-4728-9971-FEAD4B3C3492.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, Gex said:

Took the Camel GT out to some rainy cold autoX yesterday.

I signed up for a Driver Skills car control clinic/Autocross through PCA for the 28th of this month. I'm looking forward to going to Bremerton Raceways with a bunch of friends and learning!

• Like 3

MILKRUN  - Click Here

3 hours ago, Febreze Mee said:

I signed up for a Driver Skills car control clinic/Autocross through PCA for the 28th of this month. I'm looking forward to going to Bremerton Raceways with a bunch of friends and learning!

Ooh, that sounds fun! You driving the Outback there or do they provide anything for the car control clinic?

15 hours ago, m sprank said:

Is the risk still there for the firewall using something like a Perrin unit? Heard about this happening on 2015+ WRXs quite a lot but not on the LGT.