LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

Shop didn’t put refrigerant back in the lines so I did that today. Driving with the ACT Xtreme Stage 2 clutch and lightweight flywheel is taking a while to get used to. The engagement point is so high now. Probably 70% from the bottom of the floor which is drastically different from before which seemed like maybe 20%… Is there any easy clutch engagement point adjustments?

Crossed 249k miles this weekend.

So freaking nervous.

I can understand what you mean. I began to feel that way at about 290,000 miles. I will say, the car runs well, it did well on the 300 mile round trips to VT this past winter. I'd set CC at about 68mph and just sit back and steer. Weekday skiing is so much better than weekends.

I'm chasing a few rusty evap lines around the fuel tank and have to keep an eye on oil level, but it's so much fun on the back roads going down to my son's a couple of times a week to be grandpa daycare.

Edited by Max Capacity

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Yeah I'm not staying up in the middle of the night nervous lol. Just like the end of a race where a driver has a comfortable lead and the team is just waiting to finish the race. Things are going well but it's too early to celebrate.

Yeah I'm not staying up in the middle of the night nervous lol. Just like the end of a race where a driver has a comfortable lead and the team is just waiting to finish the race. Things are going well but it's too early to celebrate.
I feel that. Just hit 260k pulling into work. I just completed a 2400 mile round trip down to Georgia and back last week. I know it's only a matter of time, but comfortable enough to know when it does happen, I know I got my worth of time and fun from her..

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Drove it to get an alignment, finally. Thankfully the front toe just barely managed to align as desired without needing to do any more work. Was worried that since I installed the '19 STi rack without modifying my Whiteline outer tie rods, I wouldn't have enough range to get the toe where I wanted it, but it all worked out.

Wideband is still reading leaner than I think it actually is under boost. Thought I had pinpointed the issue down to an exhaust leak between my old ELH and up-pipe, but I'm certain there's no leak now with my KBHH + V-band up-pipe, so I'm very confused. Also still smelling fuel, as did my alignment tech, stronger from the back of the car. He suspects a busted evap line or similar.

Anyone have any ideas on a lean-reading wideband? Reads fine at low load/MAF, but starts diverging from the stock front O2 sensor somewhere around 0.9 lambda (about 13.2:1 AFR). I'm certain the Spartan 2 controller is wired fine and it's start-up routine indicates that there's no appreciable offset or discrepancy in the controller/ECU interface. Last time I checked the sensor itself by shooting gas from a lighter into the sensor, it would read full-rich as expected, so I ruled out that the sensor was bad. Now I'm thoroughly stumped :spin:

Looking forward to my first AutoX this season, this Saturday!

Edited by solidxsnake

So I didn't install these today, but better late than never!

HKS.thumb.JPG.919a5c183fc5c9ef61cf826891deae68.JPG

Took 6 months from the time of purchase for them to actually arrive at my door. According to HKS the drop is -1.4 in up front and -1.3 in the rear for the Sedan. These ride amazingly comfortable! Although I did set my dampers for more "comfort" orientation.

So I didn't install these today, but better late than never!

[ATTACH]295989[/ATTACH]

Took 6 months from the time of purchase for them to actually arrive at my door. According to HKS the drop is -1.4 in up front and -1.3 in the rear for the Sedan. These ride amazingly comfortable! Although I did set my dampers for more "comfort" orientation.

So these replaced the GT model line? I don't see an application for BL/BP anymore for the GT, or GT A-spec. Did they tell you how they compare to the GTs?

I took my wife's car for an alignment yesterday. Took an excessive amount of convincing to get them to adjust camber using the upper control arm bushing (Whiteline) but for once all the alignment values are in spec, and not just barely either.

So these replaced the GT model line? I don't see an application for BL/BP anymore for the GT, or GT A-spec. Did they tell you how they compare to the GTs?

The Hipermax S replaced the GTs, but they didn't have an LGT specific model, so I just went with the 2.5i coilovers (AF005).

https://www.hksusa.com/news/hks-new-coilover-series-hipermax-s

When doing a make/model search, the AF005 does return for the LGT models: https://www.hksusa.com/products/80300/AF005/4003 and when I looked thru their previous application charts, the coilover PNs were the same for both turbo and NA models.

I never had the GTs so I can't give you the comparison:icon_cry:. What I can tell you, however, with great certainty that these are definitely better than Raceland Coilovers by far! To be fair, I don't do any track days, but am always trying to build my car with the "maybe I will eventually" mentality.

The Hipermax S replaced the GTs, but they didn't have an LGT specific model, so I just went with the 2.5i coilovers (AF005).

https://www.hksusa.com/news/hks-new-coilover-series-hipermax-s

When doing a make/model search, the AF005 does return for the LGT models: https://www.hksusa.com/products/80300/AF005/4003 and when I looked thru their previous application charts, the coilover PNs were the same for both turbo and NA models.

I never had the GTs so I can't give you the comparison:icon_cry:. What I can tell you, however, with great certainty that these are definitely better than Raceland Coilovers by far! To be fair, I don't do any track days, but am always trying to build my car with the "maybe I will eventually" mentality.

From the description these sound like they are more digressively damped than the GTs. The GT A specs were much more digressive that the GTs, based on their previous damping force/speed charts so it looks like they simplified their offering to something more along the lines of the A specs. The comparison chart shows 2.5i but I can tell you that the Japanese website had the same PNs for BP5 through BPE and BL5 through BLE.

Sounds like a nice setup. The 6 month wait is why I have Bilsteins instead of GT A specs. Good on you for the patience!

Shop didn’t put refrigerant back in the lines so I did that today. Driving with the ACT Xtreme Stage 2 clutch and lightweight flywheel is taking a while to get used to. The engagement point is so high now. Probably 70% from the bottom of the floor which is drastically different from before which seemed like maybe 20%… Is there any easy clutch engagement point adjustments?
Here are screenshots of the adjustments that can be done. 1773344166_Screenshot_20220427-145821_HancomOfficeViewer.thumb.jpg.d931656fa623224ebb78e83bf3b2f6d8.jpg

785868828_Screenshot_20220427-145746_HancomOfficeViewer.thumb.jpg.f62c113156a5dee9f2ae1247de8e390b.jpg

212497776_Screenshot_20220427-145804_HancomOfficeViewer.thumb.jpg.ea6b7b3bc5ff044f36caed322d83278f.jpg

Here are screenshots of the adjustments that can be done. [ATTACH]295998[/ATTACH][ATTACH]295999[/ATTACH][ATTACH]296000[/ATTACH]

Thank you, I actually did this twice because I twisted the rod the wrong way. But the clutch feels way better now with the engagement point closer to the middle. Clutch also feels a little softer, which I don't like but I'd rather have drivability in stop-go traffic. High engagement point was super annoying for a few days.

My OmniPower 3-bar MAP sensor was faulty so I had to go back and have the shop retune the car with the stock MAP sensor. I will be returning it which saves me $100. We are only boosting to 17psi (405whp/430wtq) so the stock MAP sensor should be fine for now. The ECU was reading out +8psi at idle and occassionally -20 at idle so I knew the MAP sensor was faulty.

Also washed and detailed the car today which felt good to do since the car has been sitting for a few months. Feels like a blast to drive but I can't help but wonder how much the motor could be pushed when I upgrade to a 6MT. 400+ whp at 17psi on E85 is pretty impressive considering I had to run 20psi on 91 just to reach 300. Ethanol here is kind of bad though, sensor reads 72%.

Edited by Notorious

Let's get to the question....how bad did they dent the wallet?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

It set me back just a little north of 2k shipped to Hawaii, but i think I've seen them listed some places for just under 1800. Damn that Hawaii tax...:mad::redface:

Found the limits of my brand new ACT HD clutch while working out boost control, still set rich and with all timing advance zeroed out. What a fun turbo - need to keep in mind that the map on the X500 is way different from the 16G I'm used to playing with. I'm seeing peak boost by 4k which is later than I'm used to so will have to adjust driving style a bit. considering bumping my still-stock redline to the 7200 RPM set in the old Cobb OTS maps, but haven't convinced myself it's worth it with stock cams... Edited by awfulwaffle

Changed the oil last night. Castrol 5w-30 because it was available. Also got the proper splash shield hardware. 4 clips and 3 bolts, I think that was everything. Cleaned the threads and installed last night. Maybe a placebo, but it did feel a little more sturdy on the interstate. Less blustery steering if that makes sense.

Then today I finally installed my bayson r lip. Fitment on those isn't 100% perfect but it's close. I'd also stored mine for 18 months in such a way that the plastic was kinda bendy. I really like it anyway. Debating the evo side skirts if I'm bored with $130 in the near future.

20220428_121433.thumb.jpg.1a3840fd9b01aa46e861478317f89460.jpg

I don't know what's going on with my account on this forum. I am no longer getting email alerts on new posts. Any of you 'suffering' from this issue?

Yes, I get about 20% of the emails I should. I've seen mention of it for a few weeks now.

Debating the evo side skirts if I'm bored with $130 in the near future.

[ATTACH]296001[/ATTACH]

What is this Evo side skirts thing you speak of??

I see. So, I am not the only one then. Also, I think this thread is getting too long (517 pages right now). I believe it induces issues on the forum server. I could be wrong though.

Vol 11 soon? Hopefully!

MILKRUN  - Click Here