LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

Took it out for my first-ever track day/night at Thompson Speedway in CT. Running in the novice group and not pushing the car too hard, just getting used to track driving and learning the track. What a blast!

That said... definitely need to refresh my brake fluid. I was being very cautious (especially at turn 1 right after the main straight) since it was very clear my pedal was getting a bit soft after the first session.

Also... the hose from manifold to MAP sensor popped off the MAP sensor, which was causing some serious power loss on the main straight. This after it popped off the manifold side last week during autoX, which has since been ziptied. Moral of the story (that I still haven't learned, apparently) is ZIPTIE ALL THE THINGS :spin:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-BjRU6A3F4]SCCA TNiA Thompson 24 May 2022 - YouTube[/ame]

Took it out for my first-ever track day/night at Thompson Speedway in CT. Running in the novice group and not pushing the car too hard, just getting used to track driving and learning the track. What a blast!

That said... definitely need to refresh my brake fluid. I was being very cautious (especially at turn 1 right after the main straight) since it was very clear my pedal was getting a bit soft after the first session.

Also... the hose from manifold to MAP sensor popped off the MAP sensor, which was causing some serious power loss on the main straight. This after it popped off the manifold side last week during autoX, which has since been ziptied. Moral of the story (that I still haven't learned, apparently) is ZIPTIE ALL THE THINGS :spin:

That looks super fun. Also, I've found that this here is the sure-fire way to make sure things don't pop off, every single hose in my car has an earless clamp on it now. Only trick is that hoses made from softer rubber may tear if you crimp the clamp too tight.

https://www.amazon.com/Proster-Single-Stepless-Stainless-Crimper/dp/B07KPGW9X8/ref=sr_1_4?crid=3C8G33RURUKY7&keywords=hose+crimp&qid=1653473685&sprefix=hose+crimp%2Caps%2C111&sr=8-4

Why did you go with the more expensive stuff ? I've been using the full saps for over 150,000 miles. I do 7-8000 mile oil changes using their filter EA15K13. I did send a sample off to Blackstone who told me the oil was still good at that mileage.

Max I tried finding what you were running in your car and I thought it was mid saps :mad:. I also bought a case :spin:. But I have been a dealer for 10 plus years and have many customers so it does not cost me much at all. Also they have been out of the EA15K13 filters for months man. I plan on ordering a bunch when they come back in stock.

The cost has really gone up, so I am happy to have many customers and get a great deal. I will go full saps next time. :)

Gold wheels for the summer sound fantastic. My horde includes those, unwrapped from shipping years ago. Could use some hatch struts, swap in my ss brake lines, and fresh pads. But mostly concerned about safety with the overnight loss of my passenger side mirror. Check the FS threads for my WTB post.

yeah I am on my light weight 17s right now, I need to get the car in summer mode. My 5 spoke 17 are good for few things but the car looks really nice on the 18s.

Max I tried finding what you were running in your car and I thought it was mid saps :mad:. I also bought a case :spin:. But I have been a dealer for 10 plus years and have many customers so it does not cost me much at all. Also they have been out of the EA15K13 filters for months man. I plan on ordering a bunch when they come back in stock.

The cost has really gone up, so I am happy to have many customers and get a great deal. I will go full saps next time. :)

Glad I have 2 spare filters on the shelf.

I seem to recall the FS is better for the bearings (?) but its been a long time since I checked it out.

I used to pay $5.95 for a qt and always's buy a case.

So, I was just over on the otuback.org forum. I noticed the pop-up ad is for Amsoil Euopean 5w-40. Not that they monitor what I'm talking about...

Edited by Max Capacity

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

The cf eagle landed yesterday! Just a few scuff minor scuff marks and a little dusty but overall it's in really good shape.

3.1.thumb.jpg.0ff2b3f1f0c6b4106ac25f3d94b1b377.jpg

Since the car is no longer the daily I think I'm going to reach out to Madrig and see about shipping it to him next winter to get a mold on it and start making his own versions. Would be awesome to see a forged cf version of this lip or just have a spare.

1.1.thumb.jpg.c17fc893af735166041acd372946ecde.jpg

2.1.thumb.jpg.489b1113ef9f2a16cc71fb5f139caaf8.jpg

Glad I have 2 spare filters on the shelf.

I seem to recall the FS is better for the bearings (?) but its been a long time since I checked it out.

I used to pay $5.95 for a qt and always's buy a case.

So, I was just over on the otuback.org forum. I noticed the pop-up ad is for Amsoil Euopean 5w-40. Not that they monitor what I'm talking about...

Man I remember those days, the stuff is high even for my liking, but my motor was super clean when I pulled it on my last car. So it's working it's wonders. I will keep using it. It's in my lawn mowers, weed eater, and everything else. :lol:

Actually on Friday, but had the brakes done, and had them look at the clutch to see if there might be a mechanical reason why it sometimes has an issue when shifting. I think the issue might be the driver though...

Also found out some incredibly sad news that to me impacts the whole Subaru community in the Seattle/Tacoma area.

SC

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

Put 300 miles on her this weekend going upstate to a friend's cabin. Car ran smoothly and the rich fuel smell has disappeared. It's funny that after years of owning and maintaining this car I'm still learning basic things like to clean the MAF.

The Kenwood DNR876s is working great after my initial hiccups. I received the EDM radio so I can finish out my console and regain my HVAC.

The only hiccup is I think my front passenger Timken wheel bearing is going out after only 12,000 miles. It's been through a few HPDE's but this is still surprising. The forum's search (and Googling the forum) seems to be wonky, I'm getting much fewer results nowadays.

What are the guru's preferred bearings now?

picture.php?albumid=2867&pictureid=13235

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

I bought the Timken's based on their reputation, but upon further digging after the purchase I learned they suffered in quality after moving their manufacturing to China. That was 6 years ago and they may have improved their quality since then. There's no way of knowing since I'm not a professional. There were no install issues as far as I know, they were installed by a trusted shop. All four were installed at the same time. No issues from the others yet.

Thanks for sharing those links. I'll go with SKF as they have a 3 year warranty as opposed to the 1 years on all the others.

What happened to the "Like" button?

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

What happened to the "Like" button?

Something has been updated with the site. I noticed the couple of days ago that once again, I have the main forum page, fill my interior screen. For the past year or so, it has only been shown in about 2/3's of the screen width.

Put 300 miles on her this weekend going upstate to a friend's cabin. Car ran smoothly and the rich fuel smell has disappeared. It's funny that after years of owning and maintaining this car I'm still learning basic things like to clean the MAF.

The Kenwood DNR876s is working great after my initial hiccups. I received the EDM radio so I can finish out my console and regain my HVAC.

The only hiccup is I think my front passenger Timken wheel bearing is going out after only 12,000 miles. It's been through a few HPDE's but this is still surprising. The forum's search (and Googling the forum) seems to be wonky, I'm getting much fewer results nowadays.

What are the guru's preferred bearings now?

I have a certain VW wheel bearing on my front passenger side of my 06 LGT. The show that did my car said they las even longer then the subie ones. I am taking the car up there next Tuesday and I will ask him which one it is.

That's interesting ^ I just spent a little time on Advance Auto site, I checked a 06-17 Jetta front bearing assy, it's a different part number than ours.

I even checked one of the 07 Passat's, different for Moog hub assy.

I use OEM wheel bearings, no problems this far.

https://www.subarupartsdeals.com/oem-parts/subaru-hub-complete-front-axle-28373ag01a

For the price difference...maybe it's worth it to go OEM, even if you're DIY, what is your labor worth...

Been a while, I'm due to update my own thread but - started my facelift swaperoo and sent my PS pump out for a rebuild. I had originally ordered a new one but the dealer, after 3 weeks, said "oh, we're back to square one"...

It has been a while. I got the Wagon out for the season last week and took it to Lime Rock for the holiday weekend. I kinda regret not putting my car in the car show on Sunday, the wagon presence out of easily 100 cars was only held by one 60's (likely) era Volvo. I have some stuff in the works. Monday I found myself in front of a white pearl outback xt while gassing up at a BJ's in Hudson MA...wagon game respect wagon game, you on here?

Wagon is LIFE! - 265,000 miles and climbing

Unofficial Build (Restoration) Thread

Steering Rack Rebuild