LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

Today: Drove it around the block checking the water injection system and tweak the boost control.

The former looked strange on the display, but was actually working fine including failsafes tripping when I turned up the scaling.

The latter was closer than I though already once I upped the overboost failsafe to 19PSI. It was apparently barely going over 18PSI tripping it out. It looks like that was caused by the "I" term building up because I'd tuned it originally around freezing.

But it seems to have developed some sort of strange noise while turning over bumps. Which I have no time to diagnose as I'm moving very soon. Maybe I do need to take boxkita's lowball offer to just get this thing gone. Not sure how he'd get it across the country though.

Trying to get my taxes done so I can see if I can come get it :lol:

Replaced the oil seal where the drive shaft meets the transmission. Now onto the valve cover gaskets in my quest to resolve the oil leaks at the front end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the link - jogged my memory from when I rewired the FPCM many years back. You can just make out the vent in the shadow on the left side of the pic. I'll check those vents and make some more mesh screens if needed.

MRowbRQ.jpg

TBH it's way easier to do it on the outside - the design will be the same as you did for the intake. Chance to inspect the body under the bumper skin at the same time.

I hope you don't drive it year long, it's too good of a condition car for NE winter and salt.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Did a full fluid change but I believe my father in-law added a full 5qts of 5w30 [emoji1751]. Debating draining some tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

FSM actually says 4.5 qt (or 4.3 L) if you change the oil and filter. Just need to remove ~.5 qt.

Was very similar to what I typed and failed to post lol....

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Ditto, I always add a let more than the full line. Don't worry, the ej will be happy to use it.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Started prepping my new power harness. Thanks to rhino6303 for the pointers to begin.

2AWG for the starter, 2 AWG for the transmission ground and 4 AWG for the chassis ground. Still need to decide how I want to do the fuse box. I took measurements of everything and will be posting them on my build page in due time for anybody who wants to make a new power harness.

36PW7DP.thumb.jpg.8ad622cc21a9696472c73e79cc8ed26d.jpg

Ugh. What turbo is that?

JmP 20g. Not sure what the move is, but we'll tackle this problem again tomorrow. Maybe we can rotate the line parallel with the other but I doubt it would work. Other solution is to use a different line kit but this turbo has sort of unique dimensions. I've contacted John as well and we'll see what we can think of. Didn't think this would be an issue out of all the things being installed haha

D1-CF883-D-7-DDD-4-D6-A-B20-C-F3-C1-A9-D2-FD3-E.jpg

Anyone see something wrong here? …. :spin:

Why won't the stock style cooling line work ?

https://www.amazon.com/Turbo-Subaru-Suabru-Forester-Outback/dp/B083QWHVCK

or

https://www.amazon.com/JM-Water-cooling-Subaru-Turbo/dp/B083QW22JD

Edited by Max Capacity

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Drove 45 minutes to a dealership for the 2nd recall. While scheduling it on the phone they said it should only be 60-90 minutes. I figure, I can make a picnic out of this with my 3yo and give my wife some peace.

I get there, and now it's 3-4 hours. Yo. I've got a 3 year and a sandwich. I can maybe last 2 hours. I'm out. At least I picked up my engine bay splash shield.

Now to see what hard & plastic ware I need, and reschedule the recall for a closer dealership I was attempting to avoid.

Today: Drove it around the block checking the water injection system and tweak the boost control.

The former looked strange on the display, but was actually working fine including failsafes tripping when I turned up the scaling.

The latter was closer than I though already once I upped the overboost failsafe to 19PSI. It was apparently barely going over 18PSI tripping it out. It looks like that was caused by the "I" term building up because I'd tuned it originally around freezing.

But it seems to have developed some sort of strange noise while turning over bumps. Which I have no time to diagnose as I'm moving very soon. Maybe I do need to take boxkita's lowball offer to just get this thing gone. Not sure how he'd get it across the country though.

tennessee? probably find a friend to store it for me until i can get it home.

tennessee? probably find a friend to store it for me until i can get it home.

You'll have to fight infosecdad for it, I think I finally convinced him to come get it next week :lol:

On the wagon today: I drove it to grab Korean tonight to make sure everything was still in advertised condition and fill it up with gas. I'm going to miss this thing a lot, but proceeds from it are needed for boring things like a washer and drier at the new house.