LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

Hope everyone is ok!

If you're creative enough: almost everything firewall forward. The global platform is still more or less based on the BL/BP in the front. It's not quire plug and play subframes level, but it's not that far if you can do a little fab work.

An FA20 swapped '05-'06 wagon would be a nice daily.

My wife's 2018 wrx got totaled this evening. other than the 6mt, what other parts will work on a 4th gen?

still at er. she walked in. so optimistic she'll walk out :)

pretty banged up from air bag & lower dashboard & pedals.

got hit by a newer model honda accord while sitting at a stoplight. pushed her 2 car lengths forward and pushed the kia suv in front of into the intersection. Hut hard enough to destroy rear suspension. Cabin seems intact. passenger side doors work and driver door opened with a little tugging.

we've been subaru for 24 years. she's shopping for another red wrx...

I bought the sti wheel conversion wagon back from gex (not my best idea). swapping wrx drivetrain in would solve missing engine and transmission issue.

Yeesh, that's a nasty collision. Glad she's okay!

Picked up the LGT last week from its winter storage at my parents' place. Installed my KBHH and new coilovers yesterday. Discovered the Cobb fuel-pressure sensor/adapter I installed last season is leaking, so need to get that fixed. I suspect I didn't let the thread sealant cure long enough before installing it and getting fuel in the system. Then it's just tires and alignment before I'm ready for the AutoX season. Hoping to do some "more seat time" activities this season (SCCA Track Nights, time trials, other HPDEs, etc.) too.

Will be listing my old Tomei ELH and KW v2 coilovers in the classifieds soon for cheap.

On the WRX/FA20 restromod, the only complication will be canbus/immobilizer related. Last I was digging into things (~2.5 years ago) the older cars and newer ones still used the same general addresses so should talk, but if a given field/message it's expecting isn't there it might get a little pissy.

This is solvable as long as you don't have emissions testing in your area. If you do, it's likely still solvable but you'll need some sort of canbus translators or an arduino hanging out on the bus simulating stuff that not there.

My wife's 2018 wrx got totaled this evening. other than the 6mt, what other parts will work on a 4th gen?
That's crappy! I hope all is well with your other half!

The rear diff will also swap over, however it's an open dif, not LSD. I'D try the the seats for S&G's....

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Haven't had time / garage space to yank the motor but I was getting tired of looking at the curb rashed black wheels. Didn't have any silver paint so figured I'd see what white looks like. I think I like it.

20220417_170924_50.thumb.jpg.44430707a975ce7fa2741bc15b074e28.jpg

On the WRX/FA20 restromod, the only complication will be canbus/immobilizer related. Last I was digging into things (~2.5 years ago) the older cars and newer ones still used the same general addresses so should talk, but if a given field/message it's expecting isn't there it might get a little pissy.

This is solvable as long as you don't have emissions testing in your area. If you do, it's likely still solvable but you'll need some sort of canbus translators or an arduino hanging out on the bus simulating stuff that not there.

There is a thread on miata.net about the same thing where people are trying to bypass the immobilizer using an Arduino:

https://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=504294&highlight=arduino

You have to build the Arduino module to read the code while everything is still working. Then you can just switch over to the Arduino board which imitates the immobilizer and puts out the right code. The other thing people commonly do is cut an unchipped key and tape a chipped key to the inside of the housing near the ignition switch. That way, an unchipped key can be used to start the car.

If you have a good key, you can always tape it to the inside of the cover near the ignition switch. That way, an unchipped key can be used because the immobilizer still sees a chipped key.

If you want a laugh, the immobilizer in a Miata is made by Lucas. I suppose if you want to immobilize a car, you go with the people who have been immobilizing cars for 80 years.

Edited by amptramp
additional information

If you want a laugh, the immobilizer in a Miata is made by Lucas. I suppose if you want to immobilize a car, you go with the people who have been immobilizing cars for 80 years.

I see what you did there... [emoji23][emoji23]

Wow, I hope everyone is OK!

If I remember correctly the 1st time I met you, you happened upon me washing my LGT with Boxkitty, the WRX was relatively new when we met!

Such a small world.

Edited by JJr

Wow, I hope everyone is OK!

f I remember correctly the 1st time I met you, you happened upon me washing my LGT with Boxkitty, the WRX was relatively new when we met!

Such a small world.

Boxkitty stumbled upon the strangest things. Miss that dog.

Wife is getting lots of rest. Still sad about the car.

Driver's insurance company is telling us they are planning to stiff us because so many cars involved. I told them we could play nice or get an attorney. They got a little nicer. I'm shopping attorneys. F'm.

Stopped at the local dealership. S2baru found a near duplicate of our car for ~ $50k. Dealer can get a brand new one for $40k in a couple weeks. I put down a deposit. We'll see what happens next.

Driver's insurance company is telling us they are planning to stiff us because so many cars involved. I told them we could play nice or get an attorney. They got a little nicer. I'm shopping attorneys. F'm.

Stopped at the local dealership. S2baru found a near duplicate of our car for ~ $50k. Dealer can get a brand new one for $40k in a couple weeks. I put down a deposit. We'll see what happens next.

I'm sure you have ad's on TV for attorneys that know how to handle insurance companies.

Remember, Insurance Companies are not in business to give you money. If they gave money to everyone, how would they afford to pay the CEO's so much.

Wait, didn't she have a WRX, $50k. Really ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Great to hear she's well.

You should do well on the WRX, prices are definitely up!

Got the dreaded brake light today. Popped the hood and the fluid was just low enough to set the light. It's snowing and I wasn't crawling around looking for a leak. I topped it with fresh Valvoline and will drive it some more. Odd part is the pedal is still great, car stops fine. This with about 3k miles on all new brake goods and Goodridge hoses. Yay.

I don't even want to think about that TSB wax application crap. Fu$$.

Edited by whitexc

Appointment made to get my Ewag uppipe/40mm turbosmart setup installed, getting my small drips in the trans looked at, getting my fresh VF52 modified to be somewhat of a 16g, getting fresh revised protune for the new setup. This is my gift for working a part time job for 8 months, and then getting a New position at my job.

I have just been working my full time job and saving up with my part time job. So this will not affect my pockets.

2018 wrx limited 6mt red 49k miles. Cars.com has a couple around 29k. hmm. looking at too many cars.

2022 wrx limited 6mt red 5 miles. $41k.

All for naught. local Red one sold. Shipping across country isn't really interesting.

wife cussing driver again. :)

Does she fancy Blue? Nice little trip to Sin City if she does!

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2021-subaru-wrx/

Congrats on the new position!

Thanks. I am finally not having to do backend server, Jboss, Linux, web middleware stuff. Now I Supervise all the people and push paper :lol:. I am happy to be done with messing with the technical side. I was a project manager before.

Sorry to hear that, glad she's OK. Get new WRX, screw the insurance company. They have the money. CEO will have to do with a smaller boat.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Sorry to hear that, glad she's OK. Get new WRX, screw the insurance company. They have the money. CEO will have to do with a smaller boat.

Insurance just told us they were not going to pay and suggested we contact our own insurance to get coverage. talking to an attorney tomorrow.

found a new blue one with the options she likes. signing paperwork tomorrow. We'll be in a rental for about a month or so.

Insurance just told us they were not going to pay and suggested we contact our own insurance to get coverage. talking to an attorney tomorrow.

found a new blue one with the options she likes. signing paperwork tomorrow. We'll be in a rental for about a month or so.

They aren't going to pay based on what criteria?

claiming too many cars involved and too much liability for amount of client's policy. I'm guessing this is their standard process.

Does it not just go down the line? IE for any number of cars involved, #2 co pays #1, #3 pays #2 etc., with only the first vehicle truly benefiting and the last vehicle involved truly left holding the bag, and only for the car they hit?

What does their policy limit have to do with anything? Don't you guys have minimums that would surely cover the cost of the car? I think our minimum in this instance is $250,000, but most people have $1MM.

These companies need to be talking to each other to sort this out, not leaving it to you as the affected insured. Hope everything works out and you get everything fully covered with no hit to your rates.