LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

Installed new lug nuts. I had to cut the old ones (the locks) because I misplaced my wheel key. Same nut, these just have a logo on them. Project Kics stopped producing the sterile look in this gray color, so now I can't blend my lug nuts in as well. Would you believe these were on back order for 5 months?!

picture.php?albumid=2878&pictureid=13216

picture.php?albumid=2878&pictureid=13217

MILKRUN  - Click Here

I see. So, I am not the only one then. Also, I think this thread is getting too long (517 pages right now). I believe it induces issues on the forum server. I could be wrong though.

Yeah usually need a new version every 2k replies, we're at 7700 now.

Brought to you by Pfizer

So what are the shortblock options these days? Still IAG and OEM? Can we buy an S209 block?

Go OEM STI or RA block, they are very good. I mean if you plan on going 500 Hp them go IAG or outfront, but If you want to be able to enjoy it, go OEM.

So what are the shortblock options these days? Still IAG and OEM? Can we buy an S209 block?

Just bought a new STI RA shortblock... $1900 from Subaru. I think its the best option for 400whp or so. Should be here in a week or so.

time enough to get the purple power and scrub brushes out.

T5uBLhz.jpg

I don't know what's going on with my account on this forum. I am no longer getting email alerts on new posts. Any of you 'suffering' from this issue?

I've noticed this as well. Randomly not getting the emails for this thread, then it just starts back up.

SC

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

Found the limits of my brand new ACT HD clutch while working out boost control, still set rich and with all timing advance zeroed out. What a fun turbo - need to keep in mind that the map on the X500 is way different from the 16G I'm used to playing with. I'm seeing peak boost by 4k which is later than I'm used to so will have to adjust driving style a bit. considering bumping my still-stock redline to the 7200 RPM set in the old Cobb OTS maps, but haven't convinced myself it's worth it with stock cams...

if peak boost is 4k and street car, why would you need a 7200rpm redline? Don't get me wrong...winding it up to redline is fun but on the street that's usually first gear or maybe 2nd.

if peak boost is 4k and street car, why would you need a 7200rpm redline? Don't get me wrong...winding it up to redline is fun but on the street that's usually first gear or maybe 2nd.

I'll have to agree, redline comes pretty quickly in the lower gears. My wagon is set for 7200.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Partly what Max said (first and second gear go by quick), partly because I'm often a child with a wrench, a laptop, and an adult income.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to remind the forum that the reverse gear in a 5MT will lose half its teeth when you apply roughly 250 wtq to it....

Partly what Max said (first and second gear go by quick), partly because I'm often a child with a wrench, a laptop, and an adult income.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to remind the forum that the reverse gear in a 5MT will lose half its teeth when you apply roughly 250 wtq to it....

I assume personal experience or......????

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Dark mode and Light mode as my son calls them now...

Haven't had much of a chance to explore dark mode, need to wait until after the semester ends in 3 wks.

IMG_9368.thumb.jpg.1f2b91543bcffba3f5e54493be8df555.jpg

At the same time... busted tranny from the '99 OB out, prepping the used reman for install.

Just out of physical ability for the day.

IMG_9370.thumb.jpg.31f059ba435baae0580bd78cef30b521.jpg

Bonus points for hitting redline in reverse.

If you can find the right access ramp, you can redline multiple gears. With an adult income and a good lawyer, you are pretty much youtube material :)

Installed a DEI pipe shield to keep my headers from melting wiring and plastic fan. Also pictured is my homemade filter magnet made with neodymium magnets and JB Weld metal putty.2d7fc378db8983f9d463ba41d35af6b8.jpg

you might want to add reflective barriers to your oil pan. The stock heat protection is for oil pan too.

heatshieldproducts.com sells an oil filter wrap that works pretty well.