LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

I'm guessing that's what the jb weld is for.

I dropped off my car for the second airbag recall. I've never had a good feeling leaving my car at a dealership. It's always something that goes wrong. I had to wait 45 minutes for a rental company to bring a car instead of the dealership letting me take a day long test drive. Then the rental was a buick encore.

Let me tell you all the things you've done today to persuade me you wish I'd never been born.

You probably have to jb weld a nut to one side of the filter so that you screw the magnet through the filter to the nut on the other side. :lol: Imma moron please disregard.

Yeah tha more I think about it, the jb weld is probably just the medium for the magnets to chill out in and it just sticks to the filter.

Yeah tha more I think about it, the jb weld is probably just the medium for the magnets to chill out in and it just sticks to the filter.

That's correct, the JB Weld is just for the magnets to hang on to themselves. The magnets are strong enough to hold themselves to the filter, they require a significant amount of force to just slide off - they aren't going anywhere. FilterMag sells a similar product for $72, can't believe I paid anywhere close to that in my younger days.

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

Do the magnets make any significant difference? Have you cut apart a filter after removal to see any metallic sludge on the inside?

They will only work on ferrous materials, so it won't trap metals like aluminum, brass, copper, etc., but it will trap iron (

). In between the magnets I also scuffed them up and used Gorilla Glue. The JB Putty was used as the last step for it to hold its structure.

muFreight.co

Bessie II's Thread

Well not today, but... I found out that 140mph is totally doable with the 15+ WRX 6mt..

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

stock 5mt would do 150+, so I'd expect the 6mt to do as well. A bump in redline and taller tires is an increase in top speed.

The forester sti 6mt and a decent redline would see 200, assuming you had enough power.

Have to ask... how'd it feel? really stable?

Dropped off the S402 fenders and other JDM facelift parts off at the shop on Monday. This build has taken way too long but finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Real shame the about the Cobb updates since I have TGV deletes and not going back to OEM.

Also curious what my options will be as I already have TGV deletes and the air pump removed. I have a multitude of parts to go FBO. Curious what my builder/tuner will suggest. Main concern is how to defeat the DTCs after I get tuned for the FBO setup. Maybe some electrical resisters to plug into the TGV & air-pump connections? I dunno but it sucks

Drove 300 mile round trip today, avg 26 mpg at 75 mph with this beautiful 6mt.

Much quieter than the 5mt, much of it because of the cable shifter.

I’ve learned than the Subaru HPGO doesn’t like cold, but gonna see if I can find something to help with that.

Also found I now have a nice low mileage Phase I 4EAT from a ‘98 Outback, and back in search for a Phase II 4EAT (which seem to be much harder to find).

A bad day for me. Installed the new old stock Highline Audio Double-din paired with Kenwood DNR876s when smoke started emanating from the box.

The head unit displayed an error message about bad speaker wiring then shut itself down - permanently it seems. In for about $800 total.

My next option was going to be the eBay double-din Finsta did a walkthrough of, but the seller is based in Russia and eBay has halted all transactions.

Disconnected my battery and hoping the head unit starts up tomorrow. I'm gonna toss the Highline Radio unless anyone wants it (free). Worse yet, I have no head unit to control HVAC.

muFreight.co

Bessie II's Thread

stock 5mt would do 150+, so I'd expect the 6mt to do as well. A bump in redline and taller tires is an increase in top speed.

The forester sti 6mt and a decent redline would see 200, assuming you had enough power.

Have to ask... how'd it feel? really stable?

I would've never guessed the stocker would make 150. I remember reading somewhere that the car was gear limited to 137.

The car felt uncomfortably smooth at 140. I've been in a few cars in that upper area of speed and you atleast had an idea of what's going on.

In this case I was putting space between a Rav4 and a Rougue that were having a rage issue on the highway. I got past them 2 only to see a newer Infiniti coupe next to me probably doing the same thing. I stayed in it and gave the Infiniti room to move because I assumed he was way faster than me. Apparently he's governed at around 125 because after that it was busses.. LOL Once I realized what was happening, I looked down and saw 140 and an upcoming known speed trap. Yeap I slowed down enough to not have license taken away if there was a cruiser there. But, yeah.. uncomfortably smooth.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

A bad day for me. Installed the new old stock Highline Audio Double-din paired with Kenwood DNR876s when smoke started emanating from the box.

The head unit displayed an error message about bad speaker wiring then shut itself down - permanently it seems. In for about $800 total.

My next option was going to be the eBay double-din Finsta did a walkthrough of, but the seller is based in Russia and eBay has halted all transactions.

Disconnected my battery and hoping the head unit starts up tomorrow. I'm gonna toss the Highline Radio unless anyone wants it (free). Worse yet, I have no head unit to control HVAC.

I believe the same double-DIN faceplate was available from South Korea, for slightly more money.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Just bought a new battery for my car. I really need to drive it more. Letting it sit and forgetting to put my trickle charger on it eats the battery. :lol: Who am I kidding It will sit still in the garage.

I've heard the legacy will hit 155mph on a trickle charger.

Good news. After some internet digging I found out there's a backup fuse powering the radio, immobilizer, and other things in the engine bay fuse box. This backup is not a spare but a fail safe, it was nowhere in the manual's diagnostic procedure when I was troubleshooting the radio.

picture.php?albumid=2867&pictureid=13222

After I replaced it I discovered the head unit was spared from the carnage. What was especially perplexing was the radio was still getting 12v when the backup fuse was blown, causing me to think the radio was bad. In hindsight, it looks like the head unit was unable to pull power from its intended source, so it pulled power from the HCA box. The HCA box was never designed to send that much power so it fried its circuit board.

picture.php?albumid=2867&pictureid=13223

I believe the same double-DIN faceplate was available from South Korea, for slightly more money.

I think I can replace the guts of the HCA face plate with those of an EDM radio I just ordered. It feels good to salvage part of this $500 purchase from the landfill. Overall this would be a cleaner design than the original HCA setup and take up less space inside the dash.

picture.php?albumid=2867&pictureid=13224picture.php?albumid=2867&pictureid=13225

muFreight.co

Bessie II's Thread

Bought something nice for the wagon today....a S402 carbon lip. And it came with a spare bumper in case the current one ever gets trashed. Shipping will be a bitch I'm sure but I'm too excited to really care. Should pair quite nicely with madrig's carbon fiber grill trim that will be on the car.

6.thumb.jpg.5f43bf2ff65342953b55fdbac5da0551.jpg

1.thumb.jpg.6fb35b5923b2839a1ed5094ec8af2bfb.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.32410d73b06dcf9f4f8758ccdc2385c0.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.450468ebaf85ddb6606dc0b9354e5dae.jpg

4.thumb.jpg.0fba4c773b3d5fb129b5d94433bef719.jpg

5.thumb.jpg.df934e03be2c578c4d5f7bece746476f.jpg

I'd be excited too. I've done nothing to my 4th gen. Legacy today, but even walking out to the garage and seeing the cheapest most basic lip on it just adds so much. Love seeing it, like a super subtle Gran Turismo modification. Unfortunately the legacy wagon hasn't featured in a Gran Turismo game since 2013.

I'd be excited too. I've done nothing to my 4th gen. Legacy today, but even walking out to the garage and seeing the cheapest most basic lip on it just adds so much. Love seeing it, like a super subtle Gran Turismo modification. Unfortunately the legacy wagon hasn't featured in a Gran Turismo game since 2013.

And you better believe I have every single wagon trim in that very game, in multiple colors!

Drilled/tapped/helicoil'd an exhaust stud I had stripped out. When attempting to break the prong on the helicoil, I punched a super small hole into the water jacket above. I ended up sealing the stud hole and stud with Permatex Gold to fix the leak, and also fixed an exhaust leak with a take-off manifold and midpipe from my gold car to swap the one on the black car out. Now I have a catalytic converter to sell.

MILKRUN  - Click Here