LegacyGT.com

June 16-18, '23 - Carlisle, PA: LegacyGT.com East Coast Meetup

Enlight

Weekend Availability for East Coast Meet  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which weekends are you available?

This poll is closed to new votes

yeah a 2 hour drive might be much. The ground work laid is perfect as maybe a condensed version of that would be best. Leave more time for finally being able to talk like minded people in person.

It gets old responding to outsiders (non car folk) "oh you're into cars, what kind of car do you have?" and they get confused when I tell them my project car is a LGT wagon. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Wagon is LIFE! - 265,000 miles and climbing

Unofficial Build (Restoration) Thread

Steering Rack Rebuild

4 minutes ago, jaylew said:

It gets old responding to outsiders (non car folk) "oh you're into cars, what kind of car do you have?" and they get confused when I tell them my project car is a LGT wagon. 

Lol! Or car people who are confused when you tell them you have a Legacy GT Wagon.  "Oh. What's that?"

🙄

24 minutes ago, jaylew said:

yeah a 2 hour drive might be much. The ground work laid is perfect as maybe a condensed version of that would be best. Leave more time for finally being able to talk like minded people in person.

Yeah, if people prefer to just hang around the camp that's totally fine too. People are driving such a long way, the last thing they may want to do is another drive. Also, 200 miles is much longer than 2 hours. 2 hours would be the minimum. Alternatively, we can do breakout groups for people who want to drive and people who want to hang at camp.

• Like 3

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

IIRC, two people have already booked lodging off-site. No need to wade through pages of conversation, all the relevant info is in post #1. We're still figuring activities of the actual weekend so your input is welcome.

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

• I Donated
On 2/19/2023 at 6:47 PM, Syndicate said:

...thanks for the heads up @JJBerk, if this happens during the summer my LGT should be back on the road by then lol.

Hey, just bring the Lexus. I'll have my SS. 

BTW, autocross schedule has been released -- the June event is the next weekend, so I am free both days. So far though, based on the tentative schedule, it seems like not much will be happening on Sunday...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, solidxsnake said:

Seeing this now... I could be convinced (should be free that weekend anyway). Before I dig through all 12 pages, has everyone that isn't camping booked lodging?

You should come. We'll have a great caravan from NE.

• Like 2

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

People coming from North - mainly MA, RI and other NE states - should we plan the caravan route, with some stops and emergency stops etc?

• Like 1

On 2/20/2023 at 10:32 PM, boxkita said:

how much are the wagon stickers? 

It does not matter, they are priceless. I'll take 5.

• Haha 1

On 2/20/2023 at 7:03 PM, JmP6889928 said:

Just saw this for the first time.  Quick calculation puts this 591 miles from home.  Dunno.  If I were to try to attend for a least the Saturday, I would be driving my (don't faint Byron) mini van.  Be good to meet everyone and might just figure out a way to make it.

Hey bud, 
I was just talking to Andrew about this cruise and mentioned that I was going to text you to see if you would be interested in coming then we did the google maps trip and it seemed a little far, but then I read this, understand if you can't make it but good to put a name to a face for the rest of the guys that haven't been able to put a face to the name. Since so many of us are running or have run your amazing turbos.

Also Guys I'm in, just trying to convince the wife to come on a road trip, but even if she doesn't I'm driving down from Ontario!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

#LGTSTi is still cheaper and nicer then an equal year wrxsti

Follow my 2007 Spec B. Build here

In looking for accommodations, I have found a two Airbnb's for that weekend that are close by. 

They can sleep up to 8 people, but I'm pretty sure that means there are 4 beds in each place or 1 queen/double per room, some rooms having a queen and a couch.  But would be willing to split these with another family(we are a family of 3) or a pair of couples that are considering making the trip.  Have a look and feel free to DM me if you are interested in this as I will probably book some place a little further away if it is just my family and I or if I do this trip on my own.  

https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/52132804?adults=7&children=1&location=Loysville%2C Pennsylvania%2C United States&check_in=2023-06-16&check_out=2023-06-18&federated_search_id=02f19819-1e66-448f-bcc0-8a3805fb616e&source_impression_id=p3_1677190346_xJa6TkgFO%2BBwf2Pf&guests=8

https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/640415070286539044?adults=7&children=1&location=Loysville%2C Pennsylvania%2C United States&check_in=2023-06-16&check_out=2023-06-18&federated_search_id=02f19819-1e66-448f-bcc0-8a3805fb616e&source_impression_id=p3_1677190417_2hkzvW1RC1mcO63k&guests=8 

• Like 1

#LGTSTi is still cheaper and nicer then an equal year wrxsti

Follow my 2007 Spec B. Build here

2 hours ago, jaylew said:

I know @Max Capacity was tagged in there first page. No more wagon for him but he still has his spec b. Could easily join the NE convoy if he is free 

The more the merrier. Hell, if I were him, I'd probably elect to take the 3.6R wagon. Nice ride for a long drive, and it would probably do well to keep up with most of the crowd who aren't heavily modified. Only been in a 3.6 Legacy once and while I think the GT would overall outpace it on boost... that torque!! Not a bad ride.

16 hours ago, tysparks81 said:

Hey bud, 
I was just talking to Andrew about this cruise and mentioned that I was going to text you to see if you would be interested in coming then we did the google maps trip and it seemed a little far, but then I read this, understand if you can't make it but good to put a name to a face for the rest of the guys that haven't been able to put a face to the name. Since so many of us are running or have run your amazing turbos.

Also Guys I'm in, just trying to convince the wife to come on a road trip, but even if she doesn't I'm driving down from Ontario!

Thank you for your kind words.  As always, truly appreciated.  I put this on my calendar.  I have to travel for business to NYC the preceding week and arrive home late Thursday afternoon 06/15, so I would have to turn around on Friday and drive out.  I may consider stopping somewhere along the way and driving a couple of hours early on Saturday to come in and see everyone and stay most of the day.  I would probably head back to where I stayed on the way in and then home on Sunday morning.

I will not drive my LGT as it's too damn stiff and too damn low and I'm too damn old to drive it that far, but I can take a few photos of it and paste them on the side of my van for the experience...LOL.

• Like 7

Byron @Max Capacity said he has an appointment 6/15.  He is keeping an "open mind".  He also says it might be time to sell the 09 SpecB.  Cryptic?

Can't say I like the sound of either.  Byron is a bit older than me.  "Appointments" make me think of doctors and he already parted with the wagon. 

• Sad 2

I'm healthy and doing well. Thanks for the concern. ;)  I had enough of putting money and time into the wagon, it was best to let it go. It did end up with a great home, it sits inside a climate controlled garage where its new owner builds his Rally cars.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Brian at Subie Stickers says he should have something for me by the end of the week.  He also said he is no longer screen printing, but will pass on the vector files if we want to have some printed locally.  He also gave a few website references for screen printing. 

Once we have the vector images we can price out tees. 

Byron, you can always drive the SpecB to the meet and fly home.  I will give you $500 USD CASH MONEY for the car and a ride to the airport.  Might even be convinced to go halves on the ticket. 

Feeling the love, its what makes a Subaru a Subaru.  LOL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2