LegacyGT.com

June 16-18, '23 - Carlisle, PA: LegacyGT.com East Coast Meetup

Enlight

Weekend Availability for East Coast Meet  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which weekends are you available?

This poll is closed to new votes

Ah, my misunderstanding then! Boxkita graciously said he would call in and book a site (I don't have a USD credit card, nor anyway to call a US number without a significant international phone call charge....) so I will wait for confirmation on the site before doing anything.

If nobody else seems too keen on a campsite, I am sure 3 x small tents shouldn't be so bad if the sites are a reasonble size, so that'd give you an option @BoozeRS05. Splitting costs on a site 3 ways will be better than any one person paying for a whole site themselves, I would think.

11 minutes ago, KZJonny said:

I should have been more clear: my BIG tent is a compact 2-man. About 1.2m X 2.1m. It's too heavy to go hiking with it, so I think of it as my luxury-size, car camping tent.

If I can't carry it on a portage, it is of no use to me!

I din't realize it was a 2 tent/site limit, so my offer to bring my other tent doesn't work as well now. Tho I am happy to loan camping gear to anyone who might need some. It is all just hiking/backcountry oriented type stuff, so light and small. I don't do car-camping/glamping generally, so I don't have any large format camping gear... Sorry!

I have about 50 tabs of lgt.com open. Welcome to my drama.

It will all work out

@Enlight My oldest booked an AirBnB some short drive from the camp site - Landisburg, PA 17040, USA.

We are coming as a small group - 3 or 4 people, 2,3 or ( a big) may be even 4 cars. Looked at the available sites on the camp ground but found nothing that would work for us.

Edited by SubOperator
Added AirBnB location

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Should we also start planning some activities schedule? Such that people have some idea of what's to expect. My expectation is that we will arrive late Friday, hang around/do activities Friday night/Saturday/ Saturday night and on Sunday morning will depart. Probably swing by the camp Sunday AM to say thanks and goodbyes before getting on the road back home.

I plan on grabbing my drone so we can take some aerial photos/videos but be warned that I am very new to this thing - got it last year as a present. If anyone has some experience with drone videos - you're welcome to be an operator.

I'm open to all suggestions, @SubOperator. Here's something very rough that is not at all set in stone:

Friday Night

• Arrival/fireside hang

Saturday

• 9:00am - Group breakfast at predetermined location
  • 9:00am - Scenic/curvy road cruise
  • 12:00pm - Lunch at a brewery
  • 1:00pm - Begin drive back to camp
  • 3:00pm - Hang at camp
  • 6:00pm - BBQ

Sunday

• Final group breakfast, thanks, goodbyes, and early departures
  • Group photo

Taking what I've learned from watching @AZP Installs organize their 48 Hours Drive, it will be a good idea for everyone to bring a walkie talkie if not CB radios. I don't need to lead the cruise but I'm willing to play that role (anyone out there experienced leading a cruise / picking a route?). In either case, we will also need a "back door" to make sure we haven't left anyone behind.

I did entertain the idea of going to a brewery instead of camp BBQ, but seeing as we have at least 3 families with kids of varying ages, I think keeping it camp will be good for the loved ones and making them feel a part of the event.

Are name tags with our forum handles + real names a good idea?

• Like 1

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

24 minutes ago, Enlight said:

I'm open to all suggestions, @SubOperator. Here's something very rough that is not at all set in stone:

Taking what I've learned from watching @AZP Installs organize their 48 Hours Drive, it will be a good idea for everyone to bring a walkie talkie if not CB radios. I don't need to lead the cruise but I'm willing to play that role (anyone out there experienced leading a cruise / picking a route?). In either case, we will also need a "back door" to make sure we haven't left anyone behind.

I did entertain the idea of going to a brewery instead of camp BBQ, but seeing as we have at least 3 families with kids of varying ages, I think keeping it camp will be good for the loved ones and making them feel a part of the event.

Are name tags with our forum handles + real names a good idea?

I led group 2 in 48 hrs this year and am happy to do so, though don’t know the area well. I’ll be happy to spend some time working on it if that is what is wanted. Have a CB. As I stated earlier, I’ll work on dinner for Saturday night, at camp. We’ll host and ask folks to contribute once we get closer. Hope ya’ll don’t mind a chick driven Ascent in the group.

Edited by JJBerk
  • Thanks 2

Awesome, someone who knows what they're doing, haha. I'll shoot you a PM sometime to bounce some ideas, I started looking over the roads in the area and there definitely look like there are good ones. Anyone else who wants to join on the route planning "committee" just let me know.

road_cruvature.thumb.png.10fb0e1a28c5d17920843f7885426839.png

I'm already beginning to see a good route, I just need to plot it onto Google maps to get an estimate of how long the trip will be. When the date draws nearer we can share a GPX/KML file for people with navigation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

muFreight.co

Bessie II's Thread

2 hours ago, m sprank said:

Network is back up.  Rough draft V2 of the sedan.

meet2.jpg

I like it. Those who know will know, and for those who don't it's a great conversation starter.

• Like 4

Here is a first draft of the route I'm thinking of. I'm very glad @boxkita introduced Road Curvature to me, that thing is a game changer. The total is about 200 miles which may be a bit ambitious, feedback welcome. I think it will be trimmed down a bit. Planning a streamside lunch at Voodoo Brewing in State College . At the halfway point, people are free to break away back to camp if they like.

route_preview.thumb.png.c656d02a351de8c5c6db749e23f0d9ab.png

route_preview_elevation.png

• Like 1

muFreight.co

Bessie II's Thread

3 hours ago, Syndicate said:

...thanks for the heads up @JJBerk, if this happens during the summer my LGT should be back on the road by then lol.

Father’s Day weekend. Read through the thread, some of us have campsites/air bnbs books. I’m bringing the Ascent!

46 minutes ago, JJBerk said:

Father’s Day weekend. Read through the thread, some of us have campsites/air bnbs books. I’m bringing the Ascent!

First post has been updated so no need to wade through pages of discussion, @Syndicate.

• Like 2

muFreight.co

Bessie II's Thread

Wife gave permission to check out an 05 LGT 5mt wagon for sale locally. Buyer now has the car listed close to what I think it might be worth to me. Car is a modified runner.  Want to inspect it and if its good...  No current emissions in my state so I can easily register the car for now.  Unlike most of the surrounding area.

Would sell the 4runner to open finances for future parts/mods/track time. 

Maybe, I drive to the meet in an LGT wagon.  Maybe. 

Edited by m sprank
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Booked a site at Paradise.

Camp fee covers first 2 adults. Each additional overnight Adult is $12. Each site can hold 2-3 tents. Site A is bigger than the rest, theoretically holding more tents.

Group discount made weekend stay at $141 for 2 nights.

Thanks, @Enlight, for setting this up 

• Like 2

Just sent an email to Brian at Subie Stickers.  Sent him the jpg files and requested pricing for stickers and tees.  If he can print the tees we will need a better head count and sizes so I dont end up with a bunch of left overs, lol.  For starters I requested 50 each of the stickers.  You can slap them on drive through menus along the return trips. 

• Haha 4

Just saw this for the first time.  Quick calculation puts this 591 miles from home.  Dunno.  If I were to try to attend for a least the Saturday, I would be driving my (don't faint Byron) mini van.  Be good to meet everyone and might just figure out a way to make it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, JmP6889928 said:

Just saw this for the first time.  Quick calculation puts this 591 miles from home.  Dunno.  If I were to try to attend for a least the Saturday, I would be driving my (don't faint Byron) mini van.  Be good to meet everyone and might just figure out a way to make it.

You could say hello to one of your turbos if you do. 😄

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, JmP6889928 said:

Perhaps one of the Pittsburgh area folks would be willing to put you up for a night to break up the trip. Would be great to meet ya!

• Like 2

muFreight.co

Bessie II's Thread

Found an engineless 08 specB 120xxx miles at a price I am very interested in.  If the wagon owner would get back to me I can figure out if swinging a 5mt driving wagon and an engineless specb is possible. 08 SpecB wagon?  Use front end and interior plus 6mt drivetrain and aluminum suspension parts???  Then track that. If I had both by May the suspension and trans could be swapped by June... oh the hole I can dig.  

Who wants tees and stickers?  Wagon? Sedan? 

• Like 5

the owner of my track wagon might be sick of it by now. I saw a post where he's still chasing issues from the nvh I introduced with the motorsports configuration.

Years of working in data centers made it impossible for me to hear the high frequency noises. I'm pretty sure heavy metal front row seats had no impact 

• Haha 1

Dont know yet.  But will soon. Brian asked how big?  He said 6-7" was normal. 

Heavy metal had seats???  Wtf???  I paid all that good money ($4hr back then) to mosh in a pit and could have sat in a seat????  No broken noses????  Cant see it, bigger screen.  Cant hear it, turn it to 11!!!!

• Thanks 1