LegacyGT.com

June 16-18, '23 - Carlisle, PA: LegacyGT.com East Coast Meetup

Enlight

Weekend Availability for East Coast Meet  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which weekends are you available?

This poll is closed to new votes

Man a year after I sell my car to infosecdad you all finally decide to have an east coast meet.

Maybe I can convince him (or his son who I think he said was going to daily it) to let me borrow it to drive it up there 🤔 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

In all honesty a meet that I dont have to work on cars would be a first.  I recall installing a DAMD steering wheel for an LGT.com member at the first Toys for Tots meet.  Not even Toys for Tots got me off the hook. 

If I can avoid it, I would prefer it.  I dread changing oil sometimes these days.  The older I get, working on the ground becomes less and less appealing.  Truly miss the lifts and tools. 

I saw a post about bringing an engine to assemble.  Cant say I would recommend that.   Cleanliness is next to godliness when assembling.  I have honed cylinders sitting in the desert sand using a glass and sandpaper to keep racing come daylight, but I would never do that to my daily. 

• Like 3

I was hoping that joke would run out until the meet, but it had to be Msprank that calls it! There’s no GD way I was showing up to the meet with a motor in my trunk!

I think he was referring to me, I mentioned bringing my motor again in my turbo FS thread

• Haha 4

Looking forward to this! Planning on par cooking a bunch of chicken pieces and then finishing at camp. I’ll do a couple of sides. You all bring beverages of choice, beer from your region (to swap), appetizers and desserts. Cool? And BYOC. Bring your own camp chair. I’ll have paper goods and cutlery covered.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I just want to relax and enjoy the company.  The food is bonus points.

One last attempt at a 4th gen.  Thats what I told the wife.  Talking with 2 owners now.  Daughters b-day is a month away.  If I dont procure a car in the next 2 weeks I am spending the "fund" on her.  Summitt Point opened last weekend.  I brewed as I watched countless Porsche drive by with numbers still attached. 

Edited by m sprank
  • Like 3

so we bring a shell and a pile of parts. assemble the car in the parking lot and send Mike home in it.

can't find the video of the guy building an ej in his sandy driveway 

turbo ej are making > 200k miles now. pretty sure that super tight oem clearance isn't quite anymore 

pretty sure the only working on cars I want to do involves a gas pump nozzle and a fuel tank.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

People seem way too impressed with their 20yr old beaters.  Its like Bizarro world to me.  Cars selling for more today then they were 10 years ago.  People telling me how GREAT their cars are and how they were built with gold.  Honestly, do you think I am unaware of what I am getting into?  Pretty sure I have had owners not want to sell to me because they know I will find all the crap work and be vocal.  

Love all the "perfect condition" bodies with rusted out inner fenders and floor boards.  Like all the underside piping wont need to be replaced due to CANCER.  

Rather blow my money on making good memories for my kid rather than another Subie War Story.

Need to get motivated to price out tees. Strep throat three weeks ago and now a head cold.  Wife keeps bringing home cooties from sniffling, snot flinging kindergartners. Parents keep sending kids to school sick.  Now teachers been home sick for 2 days. 

Rant over. 

• Haha 1

Welp, I have been storing this old gal for a handful of months after helping a friend in PA buy it back in the fall. Just got shipped off today to its proper owner. The race is on for him to get it ready in time for this meet hahaha (I laugh because these cars are never really ready)

wagon off to new owner.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Wagon is LIFE! - 265,000 miles and climbing

Unofficial Build (Restoration) Thread

Steering Rack Rebuild

22 minutes ago, jaylew said:

Welp, I have been storing this old gal for a handful of months after helping a friend in PA buy it back in the fall. Just got shipped off today to its proper owner. The race is on for him to get it ready in time for this meet hahaha (I laugh because these cars are never really ready)

wagon off to new owner.jpg

I'm a little jealous as the wagon you "just had sitting around, ya know... no big"

Is a much better shell that my car, which I've poured hours and money into!

Might have to slap on some bondo before this meetup so I won't totally embarass myself.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KZJonny said:

I'm a little jealous as the wagon you "just had sitting around, ya know... no big"

Is a much better shell that my car, which I've poured hours and money into!

Might have to slap on some bondo before this meetup so I won't totally embarass myself.

lol. The prior owner did a lot of work. Still needs work but a solid base to start from. In current form worth more in parts than whole but will be super nice when spruced up

• Like 2

Wagon is LIFE! - 265,000 miles and climbing

Unofficial Build (Restoration) Thread

Steering Rack Rebuild

Calling on all members following this thread and anyone else intereseted.

@Enlight @BoozeRS05
@boxkita @KZJonny
@tysparks81
@JJBerk
@SubOperator
@jaylew
@thefultonhow
@Chronuss
@Infosecdad
@JmP6889928@pathfin9@THE RZA@Code@Scottydunno@solidxsnake@Max Capacity@seanyb505@utc_pyro@Febreze Mee@cheeseenlo

While I greatly appreciate the offers to pay for the stickers being made for the meet I have a request.  I am happy to provide the stickers, but prefer a donation be made.  My daughter is involved with an organization called Girls on the Run and is very enthusiastic about her time and experiences with the group.  My wife feels it has made a positive impact on her level of self confidence.  The group is participating in an 5K run this month and have begun their annual fund raiser.  My daughter made a short vid tell everyone about it.

Here is the link to my daughters fundraising page:

So far the largest donation has come from Max @LosAngelesLGT in the name of his daughter Luna. 

Please contribute to this worthy cause, no matter how small the donation all is appreciated.  Anything you might be able to spare during these trying times. 

Stickers are on me for anyone making a donation.  If I can get tees made... for anyone donating $50 or more, tees are on me too. 

THANK YOU!!!!
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I did not see comments, I just saw the "Star Power Contributors List" and a name I vaguely remembered.  Oops. 

It is a great cause.  All donations are tax deductible, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization - federal tax ID number is 45-3972189.

My wife is considering volunteering next year.  I get to "buddy" run the 5k with my daughter (and my recently blown out but not repaired knee).  Who needs knees?  Wakings over rated. 

• Like 2