LegacyGT.com

June 16-18, '23 - Carlisle, PA: LegacyGT.com East Coast Meetup

Enlight

Weekend Availability for East Coast Meet  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which weekends are you available?

This poll is closed to new votes

I'll try to call asap and book up a tenting site.

Probably way more room than I need for a single tent and a parked car. Anyone else looking to split the space and cost of a basic site? Maybe DM me to figure out a payment split etc...

I am kind of assuming that more of the day will be spent socializing/driving about, and perhaps much of the evening would be at a communal fire somewhere, so the site will really be more of the place you just go to sleep and drink coffee in the morning.

6 hours ago, KZJonny said:

I'll try to call asap and book up a tenting site.

Probably way more room than I need for a single tent and a parked car. Anyone else looking to split the space and cost of a basic site? Maybe DM me to figure out a payment split etc...

I am kind of assuming that more of the day will be spent socializing/driving about, and perhaps much of the evening would be at a communal fire somewhere, so the site will really be more of the place you just go to sleep and drink coffee in the morning.

I'd split a tent site. Only have a backpacker tent

7 hours ago, Enlight said:

This 4.7 star AirBnB listing is very close and it has 3 separate bedrooms so people won't have to spoon. I think this is a good option for people who want a roof over their heads and don't mind sharing a place. There seem to be many good AirBnB options in the area (search results). You want to center the search on Loysville, PA. Here's also a cool apartment at a Texaco themed property.

45423f62-b38a-4fed-af11-b6b5c3590399.jpe

Looks like the perfect location for an lgt weekend. plenty of garage space for 24/7 working 

Looks like I will most likely just drive up twice from home.  I will have my fill of "glamping" this summer.  Just made reservations for late June at Cacapon State Park and early August at Black Water Falls State Park.  Family time.  Plus, if my knees cooperate I can go mountain biking on the single tracks. 

Each tent site can accommodate 2 tents, so no tent splitting is necessary, but it's also 2023 and I won't judge if anyone decides they want the company. Just keep it down so we can get our Z's. Perhaps consider the secluded glamping area? Haha.

• Haha 1

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

So the tent sites can accommodate two?  You can split a site or a tent or both?  Is this split the same as a crack?  The bait for the snap.

Its all light hearted as those who live in glass houses should not throw stones. 

Edited by m sprank

No fun, lol. 

When it rains it pours.  Late December the wife had to be taken to the emergency room twice in a matter of days.  Diagnosed a kidney infection but missed the appendicitis.  She is ok, thankfully.  Just received the statement of benefits from Blue Cross.  Family deductible had long been met, hospital charged over $20k for the two trips.  My out of pocket is $4k.  Thats more than I have in the HSA so with no bonus coming, I am in scramble mode. 

Makes a weekend away look even more enticing as hopefully I can leave all the BS behind. 

Any input on the stickers/tees logo?  The sooner I can get with Brian the better and probably cheaper. 

Edited by m sprank

We have a pop up camper on our site, so there is probably room for a tent as well. Or, we’ll set up the big 12X12 pop up and plan on hosting dinner there so we can spread out a bit. We’re pretty flex. We’re camping every 2-4 weeks from Easter to Labor Day. Bring it!

• Thanks 1

I'll split a camping spot with someone.  Twin 3" memory foam topper in back and I'm good.  Bringing my Forester would be a worst case scenario, but I will do my best to get my wagon there.  Talk about a let down if not..

I have a new girlfriend and those are almost as expensive/time consuming as a modded Legacy

Also, I have an infamous performance sticker on my fairing.  And I like the new sticker, but I'd lessen the language - LGT ECM, 06/23 (or something)

• Thanks 1

Threw away probably 10k stickers when I closed shop.  Was bitter and kept little.  Sorry, no more without having them cut. I do have the vector file still. 

No more tees, track shirts, jackets, etc.  I have two bags of hats because I wear them still.  Honestly after being a walking billboard for my shop over 10 years it was nice to wear a different shirt for once lol. I refuse to wear logo clothes now. I wont pay to be someone elses walking billboard. Plain tees and jeans. 

I will try to mod the jpg today and post up with less verbiage and maybe a font option. I am not great at it and slow.  I have a new modem and router arriving today (first new in over 7 years) so I suspect I will be swearing at my network for a few hours minimum.  Feeling my age today.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BoozeRS05 said:

I'll split a camping spot with someone.  Twin 3" memory foam topper in back and I'm good.  Bringing my Forester would be a worst case scenario, but I will do my best to get my wagon there.  Talk about a let down if not..

I have a new girlfriend and those are almost as expensive/time consuming as a modded Legacy

Also, I have an infamous performance sticker on my fairing.  And I like the new sticker, but I'd lessen the language - LGT ECM, 06/23 (or something)

So far, the people who have expressed interest in splitting a camp site are @KZJonny, @boxkita, and yourself, @BoozeRS05. I believe @JJBerk, who has reserved an RV site, and I are the only who have actually booked.

@KZJonny, do you want to book one site and share it with @boxkita? @BoozeRS05, you can go halfsies with me.

infamous.jpg

• Like 1

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

There were die-cut stickers too.  That example was one of the last designs.

@boxkitabought these, I think.  I probably packed the boxes with what ever schwag was sitting around the shop still.

Went looking for anything left in the garage as the wife swears I saved some when we moved.  I found nothing.  At one point I even turned my newborn into a bill board.  Then I used her to advertise my suppliers too.  SMH. 

44593356_2214741528578359_5001506935363600384_n.jpg

34035330_2004155216303659_8107486877054926848_n.jpg

33986812_2003354299717084_2384868749602717696_n.jpg

20121204_110631.jpg

20121204_110827.jpg

20121204_110856.jpg

20121204_110928.jpg

20130623_185656.jpg

20130625_200243.jpg

20140128_125333.jpg

20140128_174418.jpg

20150202_155239.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, boxkita said:

kzjonny & I are singles, sharing a site. I'll have a single tent. He might have a multi room tent.

Ill reserve for 4 people and 2 tents. in case someone needs a place. i'm assuming the 2nd camper per tent doesn't cost more than the visitors fee

I should have been more clear: my BIG tent is a compact 2-man. About 1.2m X 2.1m. It's too heavy to go hiking with it, so I think of it as my luxury-size, car camping tent.

If I can't carry it on a portage, it is of no use to me!

I din't realize it was a 2 tent/site limit, so my offer to bring my other tent doesn't work as well now. Tho I am happy to loan camping gear to anyone who might need some. It is all just hiking/backcountry oriented type stuff, so light and small. I don't do car-camping/glamping generally, so I don't have any large format camping gear... Sorry!