LegacyGT.com

June 16-18, '23 - Carlisle, PA: LegacyGT.com East Coast Meetup

Enlight

Weekend Availability for East Coast Meet  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which weekends are you available?

This poll is closed to new votes

13 minutes ago, m sprank said:

I was being sarcastic about the hats.  I might not have enough for everyone, but they are free.  I will bring them.

Let me see what dry cleaning would cost on that jacket.  Its been sitting for over 3 years stuffed in an attic.  If it fits @boxkita its yours.

If you drink beer, I'll bring you a sample of a few from my "business" in exchange for a hat, if that seems reasonable. I may have missed the boat on being a customer, but I sure as hell learned a lot from reading through your posts on here over the year. Cheers to that. (Or not in exchange for a hat, even just a thanks for the thousands of posts and tons of info, not everything in life is an exchange.)

I am a light drinker.  I purchase a mixed 12 pack of Flying Dog (a local brewery) and a 6 pack of Double Dog once every two weeks.  I have one a night before bed (with a shot of tequila) and maybe one at dinner during the weekend as well.  18 lasts 14 days.  I go for quality over quantity. 

Not a fan of the major breweries.  I had a boss when young who drank all day.  Claimed 24 beers in a case was not a coincidence as there are 24 hours in a day.  I guess he scared me straight. 

1 hour ago, Enlight said:

Thanks for taking the lead on this.

No problem.  If I was still at the shop my sticker guy (SDSticker) would come to me (Brian did not yet own Subie Stickers) and my screen printing/embroidery shop (Print World) was less 2 blocks away.  It a little different not dealing face to face.

• Like 2

Years ago, we visited Maine and had a beer called Allagash Black. If anyone is coming from an area where that's available, I'd appreciate a 6pack or whatever a small set is.

Deschutes Abyss went main stream and list its taste.

@m sprank the rbp shell sold. I'll look for pics of the other cars. 

• Thanks 1

I’ll bring some along for anyone who wants to try something from Canadia then. I’m the brewer at a small craft place. Always quality over quantity.

Although that said. Yeungling is one of my favourite beers of all time. Can’t wait to get some from close to the source.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, boxkita said:

Years ago, we visited Maine and had a beer called Allagash Black. If anyone is coming from an area where that's available, I'd appreciate a 6pack or whatever a small set is.

Deschutes Abyss went main stream and list its taste.

@m sprank the rbp shell sold. I'll look for pics of the other cars. 

Can't promise for sure as I am drifting away from beer scene but Allagash sounds familiar. I'll look around closer to that date.

• Like 1

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

My CB (DH) is a home brewer. One of the cool things we did for the first time, at 48hrs of Tristate this year, was a beer swap. We’ll bring some local and homebrew to swap, should anyone want to. If there are any MD beers you favor, just ask!

1 hour ago, KZJonny said:

Take off eh?

Hoser. There may be a few of us, so be careful. Might have to drink a few if those are the rules!

😀

A game we played in college. Needed a keg cause, well damn that movie. If you are unfamiliar check it out. Not a oscar winning film, but a cult classic.  Strange Brew, starring a young Rick Moranis and Dave Thomas.  Pure comedy even if it offends Canucks. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, m sprank said:

A game we played in college. Needed a keg cause, well damn that movie. If you are unfamiliar check it out. Not a oscar winning film, but a cult classic.  Strange Brew, starring a young Rick Moranis and Dave Thomas.  Pure comedy even if it offends Canucks. 

I'm not sure if you're pulling my leg here or not... But Rick Moranis and Dave Thomas are Canadian. They both were in SCTV, a Canadian Scetch Comedy Outfit. The movie was filmed in Canada, by Canadians and the soundtrack is by featured Geddy Lee of Rush, maybe the best known Canadian rock band of all time. (Not a fan)

I don't know any of us who are offended by it, it's pure local genius. 😄

Edited by KZJonny
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Doubt too many members rember a low budget comedy from the early 80's.  I am a big Rush fan and saw them live a few times. 

Not a joke. Every Friday night we picked up a keg, filled empty 2 liter bottles with coors/bud/pabst/etc and sat down to the movie. Game was drink every time they say "eh" and try not to pass out before the end. You usually drank a couple 2 liters. 

Good and bad times all at once.  To be young and dumb and ful of...

Never been to Canada. Have no real idea how they view the film. Current US political climate would probably call for banning. 

Edited by m sprank

A few friends and I did something like a few times. One game in particualar was listening to a Van Halen album, I forget which one. Not a fan of any of them, but it was a drinking game. Take a drink every time David Lee Roth did that "wooh!" yell thing in a song.

It got messy quick. I don't recall a whole lot of the end of that album....

I will also gracefully bow out of any drinking competitions, Lol! Those years a a little behind me as well.

Edited by KZJonny

The good old days included so much unconscious-ness that the parts you do remember must have been great? :)

Btw, it's 3 months till it's party time! Hope y'all get your cars ready on time. I'm working on hard on having maximum drama, too.

The Subaru parts supplier community thanks you for your efforts.

Speaking of, Did @BagRidersJohn get contacted ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, m sprank said:

Bob and Doug dere, eh?

• Like 1

Work has been nuts the past 3 weeks. Between the weather and the normal amount of stupidity on the roadways, I lost track of this and my vacation plans. I normally take a vacation in April which then frees up the rest of the year for anything that comes along like this. No vacation in April which means it's moved to June. I can't take 2 vacations in June. 

I really hoped to make this as meeting y'all for the first time would've been awesome. Take a bunch of pictures!

• Like 3

On 3/17/2023 at 11:22 AM, boxkita said:

Speaking of, Did @BagRidersJohn get contacted ?

I tagged him a few (hundred) pages back. It is quite the book to read and catch up when I haven't checked on this thread in 2 weeks!

As for beverages, Allagash black, I can take a look before that drive down. Might need a reminder. I can also bring some Tree House....it's a cult

• Like 2

Wagon is LIFE! - 265,000 miles and climbing

Unofficial Build (Restoration) Thread

Steering Rack Rebuild

11 hours ago, jaylew said:

As for beverages, Allagash black, I can take a look before that drive down. Might need a reminder. I can also bring some Tree House....it's a cult

Tree House is a thing for sure in NE... I might grab beer from couple of RI breweries close to me.

• Thanks 1

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Sounds like this is going to become a beer swap meet more than a parts swap meet.

Appropriate for a campsite. Hah!

Looking forward to it even more now. I've had no takers for the functional 5EAT in my driveway. Who wants it? 🙃