LegacyGT.com

June 16-18, '23 - Carlisle, PA: LegacyGT.com East Coast Meetup

Enlight

Weekend Availability for East Coast Meet  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which weekends are you available?

This poll is closed to new votes

Sooo, since this has gotten real, I now have to prioritize things I need/should do before heading out.

Where is that thread for fix list?

• Like 1

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Having a deadline makes me think of this as a reality tv show that is "legacy gt customs" where the deadline is real and so is the odometer reading! Can't wait for the fake drama as we all try to get these cars more road worthy haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Wagon is LIFE! - 265,000 miles and climbing

Unofficial Build (Restoration) Thread

Steering Rack Rebuild

Notified this morning that my employer has decided to punish the players for the failure of the coaches. 

Apparently the company did not meet the goals set forth by upper management worldwide.  At the same time, the US market failed to meet the goals set by upper management.  So, an abject failure to meet the goals set by upper management.  But, upper management not only sets the goals, they also write the playbook.  So, rather than cut the pay or benefits of the C level managers who led the employees to failure they are going to cancel the entire standard employee bonus program that is normally paid out in March.  That way shareholders can get their dividend, C level management can get their 7 figure paydays and all the people who followed their lead diligently get SCREWED. 

Two years in a row I have received the highest possible rating in my yearly performance reviews.  I also saved the company over $300k this year managing the collapse of 3g cellular service and the un-forecast cost of upgrading to 4G.  Original forecast was an additional $250k to the contract cost for the year.  In the end, I beat the original forecast (where they missed the loss of 3G) by $50k.  A difference of over $300k savings to my company.  Pure profit. 

Last year I received less than 50% of my bonus due to the US market not reaching goals, but worldwide exceeded goals.  This year I will receive 0%.  I was told my bonus was GUARANTEED during recruiting.   I also received a 2.5% wage increase last March and no raise since. 

Why does any of this matter?  Because my intention was to use my bonus check to buy an LGT!!!  My plans for a build are now crushed.  I have every intention of being present for and attending the meet, but a Subaru I will not be bringing. 

I F*CKING HATE CORPORATIONS.  THIS IS WHY I OPENED THE SHOP AND WORKED FOR MYSELF.  I ALWAYS PUT MY EMPLOYEES FIRST.  IF SOMEONE WAS TAKING A PAY CUT, IT WAS ME.  Rant over. 

• Sad 7

I worked in private business for 20 years or so. 3 companies I worked at all started as private and about my join time or later were bought and then made public. One thing I learned is once the company goes public the employees become literally the last priority.

Sorry to hear you got screwed. We were told straight that the bonuses will not be given this year. My contract says my bonus is 14-22% percent of my base. But since it was the contract while company was private, I can wipe my behind with it...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, m sprank said:

Why does any of this matter?  Because my intention was to use my bonus check to buy an LGT!!!  My plans for a build are now crushed.  I have every intention of being present for and attending the meet, but a Subaru I will not be bringing.

LGT or not, the cars are a distant, distant second priority to the company we'll be enjoying. Sorry to hear about shit corp.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

Might be time to move on, I know the feeling, its worse when one day you show up and you've been laid off due to cutbacks without any warning... it's why I started working jobs with more stability, like an established hospital, the electric company or utility jobs, VA(veterans association). Government/federal jobs are always a good bet. Jobs based purely on sales and customers suck ass cause its a rat race, jobs at places that don't really need to sell stuff because they are essential is working for me and my friends, ie hospitals, utilities, govt.  Basically places that don't compete with other companies, sucks to be on the losing team, better to not even get on the field at that point.  How many corporations and chain stores has Amazon waffle stomped at this point lol! I wouldn't work for any corporation going toe to toe with them.   

18 hours ago, m sprank said:

Notified this morning that my employer has decided to punish the players for the failure of the coaches. 

Apparently the company did not meet the goals set forth by upper management worldwide.  At the same time, the US market failed to meet the goals set by upper management.  So, an abject failure to meet the goals set by upper management.  But, upper management not only sets the goals, they also write the playbook.  So, rather than cut the pay or benefits of the C level managers who led the employees to failure they are going to cancel the entire standard employee bonus program that is normally paid out in March.  That way shareholders can get their dividend, C level management can get their 7 figure paydays and all the people who followed their lead diligently get SCREWED. 

Two years in a row I have received the highest possible rating in my yearly performance reviews.  I also saved the company over $300k this year managing the collapse of 3g cellular service and the un-forecast cost of upgrading to 4G.  Original forecast was an additional $250k to the contract cost for the year.  In the end, I beat the original forecast (where they missed the loss of 3G) by $50k.  A difference of over $300k savings to my company.  Pure profit. 

Last year I received less than 50% of my bonus due to the US market not reaching goals, but worldwide exceeded goals.  This year I will receive 0%.  I was told my bonus was GUARANTEED during recruiting.   I also received a 2.5% wage increase last March and no raise since. 

I F*CKING HATE CORPORATIONS.  THIS IS WHY I OPENED THE SHOP AND WORKED FOR MYSELF.  I ALWAYS PUT MY EMPLOYEES FIRST.  IF SOMEONE WAS TAKING A PAY CUT, IT WAS ME.  Rant over. 

sounds about right. I used to work for a corporation that would use any excuse available to not fully fund our bonuses or our raises in a given year. Blaming the sales team for not reaching their goal is always ol reliable. Because you know your operations team is responsible for that one 

28 minutes ago, THE RZA said:

sounds about right. I used to work for a corporation that would use any excuse available to not fully fund our bonuses or our raises in a given year. Blaming the sales team for not reaching their goal is always ol reliable. Because you know your operations team is responsible for that one 

Sales team will get their perks though since "they bring money into the company"

June 16-18, 2023
Paradise Stream Family Campground

693 Paradise Stream Rd, Loysville, PA 17047

Tel. (717) 789-2117, Group Reservation Code "LGT"

Action Required (March 9 Deadline)

• Call (717) 789-2117 and reserve under Group Reservation Code "LGT"
  • Charge is $61.00/night ($122.00 for the weekend) for tent sites

I've reach out to Camp Paradise Stream Family Campground and reserved a block of 5 adjacent campsites, each of which can accommodate 2 tents for a total of 10. You can go halfsies (or more) with other members on these campsites. I'll leave that up to you.

These sites are reserved until March 9, after which they will be released to the public again. The next step for everyone who wants to attend is to call the above number and reserve a site under the group name "LGT." I encourage everyone to book ASAP since the sites closest to the creek have already been booked (I was unable to snag them).

If you are planning on renting a cabin, glamping, or RV site, you may not be right next to our camping block but you will still be able to take advantage of a modest group discount. You can ask them to choose a site closest to our camping block.

(2/14/23 Original post updated)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

muFreight.co

Bessie II's Thread

5 minutes ago, Enlight said:

June 16-18, 2023
Paradise Stream Family Campground

693 Paradise Stream Rd, Loysville, PA 17047

Tel. (717) 789-2117, Group Reservation Code "LGT"

Action Required (March 9 Deadline)

• Call (717) 789-2117 and reserve under Group Reservation Code "LGT"
  • Charge is $61.00/night ($122.00 for the weekend) for tent sites

I've reach out to Camp Paradise Stream Family Campground and reserved a block of 5 adjacent campsites, each of which can accommodate 2 tents for a total of 10. These sites are reserved until March 9, after which they will be released to the public again. The next step for everyone who wants to attend is to call the above number and reserve a site under the group name "LGT." I encourage everyone to book ASAP since the sites closest to the creek have already been booked.

If you are planning on renting a cabin, glamping, or RV site, you may not be right next to our camping block but you will still be able to take advantage of a modest group discount. You can ask them to choose a site closest to our camping block.

(2/14/23 Original post updated)

What is glamping??? 

3 minutes ago, Scottydunno said:

What is glamping??? 

Glamping is a portmanteau of "glamorous" and "camping", and describes a style of camping with amenities and, in some cases, resort-style services not usually associated with "traditional" camping. Glamping has become particularly popular with 21st-century tourists seeking modern amenities, such as Wi-Fi,[1] alongside "the escapism and adventure recreation of camping",[2][3][4][5] in a variety of accommodations such as cabins, treehouses, and tents.[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glamping

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, m sprank said:

Called, but missed them by 19 minutes.  I will call again tomorrow.  I will be reserving a cabin for the 16th and 17th.  You all can enjoy the mosquitos, lol. 

That don't sound like a bad idea... mosquitoes love Korean blood...

Edited by Scottydunno
Stupid mobile browser crap..

19 minutes ago, Scottydunno said:

That don't sound like a bad idea... mosquitoes love Korean blood...

Dont know about Korean blood, but I am down for some Korean bbq.  Used to play takraw with a group in So Cal when I was 19-20.  Damn that bbq!!!

Showed wife the website.  She likes.  Might bring the "girls" and let them explore while I attempt to stop a lawn chair from floating away with my arse. 

Edited by m sprank

Uhm, looking online no cabins are available, not even the lodge is available for the dates of the meet.

Do we have any events schedule for the days of the meet?

On 2/11/2023 at 11:52 AM, SubOperator said:

@m sprankThe pictures are great for T-Shirts. I'll take a few with wagon if we decide to make them. For the sticker though the bottom text may need to be shorter and larger  - speaking from experience with UI development.

In line with your comment, I will put up a version with larger text. Above all, thank you for creating these in the first place.

Don't beat me up too much, I lay no claim for any artistic abilities. Here what I did for stickers - due to size I think a lot of small text will be too small. I like m_sprank's original version for T-shirts.

ECM_2023_wagon_mod.png.4ab4b3583f715c5d914f4cb92f714539.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SubOperator said:

Uhm, looking online no cabins are available, not even the lodge is available for the dates of the meet.

Do we have any events schedule for the days of the meet?

I'm all open to ideas. Off the top of my head, I was thinking a convoy on some of the twisty roads, lunch at a brewery (trusting everyone knows their limit), and then head back to camp where we can relax and BBQ. Thank you for the generous offer, @JJBerk. If you want to spearhead that part of the weekend I'm sure we can round up some members to help, myself included.

@SubOperator I did a quick browse on AirBnB and VRBO and found some properties available (this one is 15 minutes away). Loysville does not come up in VRBO so you will want to search for Carlisle, PA. Carlisle itself is 34 minutes away and has many hotel options.

• Thanks 1

muFreight.co

Bessie II's Thread

52 minutes ago, Enlight said:

Thank you for the generous offer, @JJBerk. If you want to spearhead that part of the weekend I'm sure we can round up some members to help, myself 

On it! I’ll wait until a couple weeks out and pop back up with suggestions/requests for help.

So let’s plan Saturday evening, cooking at camp. I’m sure, people not camping, can come in as registered guests for the rest of us.

• Like 2

This 4.7 star AirBnB listing is very close and it has 3 separate bedrooms so people won't have to spoon. I think this is a good option for people who want a roof over their heads and don't mind sharing a place. There seem to be many good AirBnB options in the area (search results). You want to center the search on Loysville, PA. Here's also a cool apartment at a Texaco themed property.

45423f62-b38a-4fed-af11-b6b5c3590399.jpe

• Like 1

muFreight.co

Bessie II's Thread