LegacyGT.com

June 16-18, '23 - Carlisle, PA: LegacyGT.com East Coast Meetup

Enlight

Weekend Availability for East Coast Meet  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which weekends are you available?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Enlight changed the title to June 16-18, '23 - Carlisle, PA: LegacyGT.com East Coast Meetup

Don't they have events down south by like jersey, or more south, that let you drive an entire day for like 300 bucks. My friend ran it by me when I linked that poconos track. Said it might not be worth it, you get 10 miles in a 600 hp car, which is probably limited to some point, (he said he did one of those packages and he couldn't go more than 125 or something), and 2 -15 minute sessions in your own car, and I think poconos is just an oval. 600 bucks, might get you a lot more ride time in your own vehicle elsewhere, I will also look into it. His buddies run a bunch of those type of events, but they are more motorcycle events, some should know about car events. 

The short block is like new, but the driver head burnt a valve. There’s a really good machine shop near me and ideally I’ll have it all back together in short order. 

It’s a spare I’ve had from my specB

• Like 3

If the seat is in good shape, you can knock it out with a cheap spring removal tool from amazon for like 20-30 bucks, or company23, a hand lapping tool for like 10 bucks, and some grinding paste another 5 or 10 bucks.  I like adding skills to the toolbox. 

• Like 1

Being 6-7 hours from home with stock engine @244K on it - I'll probably skip the track and any racing tbh 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

52 minutes ago, Tehnation said:

Don't they have events down south by like jersey, or more south, that let you drive an entire day for like 300 bucks. My friend ran it by me when I linked that poconos track. Said it might not be worth it, you get 10 miles in a 600 hp car, which is probably limited to some point, (he said he did one of those packages and he couldn't go more than 125 or something), and 2 -15 minute sessions in your own car, and I think poconos is just an oval. 600 bucks, might get you a lot more ride time in your own vehicle elsewhere, I will also look into it. His buddies run a bunch of those type of events, but they are more motorcycle events, some should know about car events. 

I got involved because I'm driving from Seattle to Road Atlanta for a two-day nasa track weekend. It's $400 for four 20 minute sessions. Toyota gave me a free track day for buying my car.

Private orgs do longer days/times but price is usually higher because low car counts are how you get extended track time.

if you can find a private org willing to host for a day plus overnight camping, that'd be cool. Hosting your own event at a track, for a first timer, can be expensive.

Maybe Subaru will cough up a few bux ?

• Like 2

Adventurous souls!! I get chills thinking about everything that might go wrong the occasional time going down to the local low-speed track.

Happy to go be an observer/helper if things break. But same as above, 500kms from home is a bad place to lunch something important/expensive!

• I Donated
28 minutes ago, boxkita said:

20 owners showing up. collectively should be able to fix anything including a rebuild in a weekend :)

Before I got my 05 LGT, I had a 92 Infiniti G20.  Went to a Nissan convention/track day in western IA and broke a clutch disc spring.  It was a three-day thing (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday) and I broke the spring Friday afternoon.  Someone had a used clutch at the track... bought it from him for $50, got the swap done by Sunday afternoon, and drove 1000 miles home in time to start a new job on Tuesday. :lol: That incident was actually the impetus to me buying my 05... I wanted something a bit more reliable.  Hah!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, SubOperator said:

Being 6-7 hours from home with stock engine @244K on it - I'll probably skip the track and any racing tbh 😀

Lol same. I think between the natural oil burning and then oil slosh makes me assume it's make it 2 corners before spinning a bearing. 

So it's known for the convoy from NE, I cruise no faster than 70 on the highway. I have a known oil burn rate at that speed. Any higher rpm/boost and idk how many miles to the quart haha

• Haha 3

Wagon is LIFE! - 265,000 miles and climbing

Unofficial Build (Restoration) Thread

Steering Rack Rebuild

@Chronussfound the thread.  Thats two members from Charles Town/Harpers Ferry potentially attending. 

Dale has not been definitive. If he gets the wagon finished, I suspect he would have much more motivation to attend. I let him know that it is not Subie specific.

There are 3 modded Subies in my neighborhood of about 40 homes. 2 WRX and a BRZ.  I have never introduced myself and live hidden in plain site.  Should I introduce myself and invite them???

Edited by m sprank
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, boxkita said:

20 owners showing up. collectively should be able to fix anything including a rebuild in a weekend :)

Easy for you to say since you won't be doing it ;)

• Haha 2

Unfortunately I won’t be able to partake, I’ll be working in LA that weekend. BUMMER. I’ve been to a few events in Carlisle over the years.  Good roads out there too.  

• Sad 2
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

11 hours ago, m sprank said:

@Chronussfound the thread.  Thats two members from Charles Town/Harpers Ferry potentially attending. 

Dale has not been definitive. If he gets the wagon finished, I suspect he would have much more motivation to attend. I let him know that it is not Subie specific.

There are 3 modded Subies in my neighborhood of about 40 homes. 2 WRX and a BRZ.  I have never introduced myself and live hidden in plain site.  Should I introduce myself and invite them???

Be sure to give them your business card :hide: 

1 hour ago, THE RZA said:

Be sure to give them your business card :hide: 

LOL.  Do you know who I am?  I am kind of a big deal.  LOL.  Cant say I have any old business cards. But I do have a grip of flex fit hats still. Lifetime supply for me. Could pass out some schwag for a shop thats been closed for 5 years. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

37 minutes ago, m sprank said:

LOL.  Do you know who I am?  I am kind of a big deal.  LOL.  Cant say I have any old business cards. But I do have a grip of flex fit hats still. Lifetime supply for me. Could pass out some schwag for a shop thats been closed for 5 years. 

Exclusive dead stock merch, very rare and coveted. I've been toying with the idea of making stickers for this event. People's usernames on some forum design? Something to stick on the toolbox.

• Like 1

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

49 minutes ago, m sprank said:

I'd buy a hat from ya if you bring some. Help take care of that old stock. Nobody would ever know what it meant, but if I ever did run across someone who did, I would at least know they'd be good to have a beer and a chat with. Ha!

10 minutes ago, Enlight said:

Exclusive dead stock merch, very rare and coveted. I've been toying with the idea of making stickers for this event. People's usernames on some forum design? Something to stick on the toolbox.

I'd be in for that, and happy to throw a few dollars at it. If someone makes up a vector or whatever kind of file a Cricket uses, I'm sure I could use that to cut out a bunch of iron-on decals on my girlfriends Cricket  (not that it would be weird if I owned my own..... 🙄) if anyone was interested. Just cover the cost of the materials (If they're really cheap, I'd donate to the cause, but I think they're not....?).

I wouldn't be up to collecting shirt colours and sizes etc.... but bring your own blank tee, and if one person brings an iron it wouldn't take more than a few minutes to make one on site. Just a thought. I also don't own an iron, so....

Edited by KZJonny
  • Like 3

WRX owners under 40 years are questionable bunch... m_sprank we will have to trust your judgement on your neighbors.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2