LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

I have a 15+ STI rack in need of a seal that I picked up off of NASIOC because it was a screaming deal, if ya feel like giving Jaylew's instructions a shot.

That would be awesome, I'll have to find the instructions. I am really trying to resist buying a new 15+ STI rack for $600. Money has been leaving pocket far too quickly on this car recently.

EDIT : After reading through Jaylew's instructions I am not sure I want to dive into this right now. The seal that needs replacing, is it in the rack section or the control valve? Control valve looks less involved to rebuild. I might end up doing whatever I need to replace entire rack now and rebuild my current one later in the summer just as a learning project. For now though it would be awesome if I could get this back together within a week.

Edited by bubbagump

That would be awesome, I'll have to find the instructions. I am really trying to resist buying a new 15+ STI rack for $600. Money has been leaving pocket far too quickly on this car recently.

I have one sitting in my garage that needs a rebuild... Got it from a junkyard, installed it, and a couple days later found most of the ATF fluid pooled in the RH side boot. Found another rack and pulled this one, been sitting since with no local bites or interest... I could be convinced to meet halfway to NY state :lol:

On topic: drove it around yesterday and today. Last week, I bought another JDM navi bezel (the more square opening one for the Panasonic nav system) which I plan on using to finally get a clean install of my Tab S2 (an upgrade from the old Nexus 7 I used to use for a dash tablet). Also ordered a set of Whiteline front and rear swaybar endlinks (thanks for the offer seanyb505, but I want the adjustability!)

EDIT : After reading through Jaylew's instructions I am not sure I want to dive into this right now. The seal that needs replacing, is it in the rack section or the control valve? Control valve looks less involved to rebuild. I might end up doing whatever I need to replace entire rack now and rebuild my current one later in the summer just as a learning project. For now though it would be awesome if I could get this back together within a week.

Not sure where the leak is - I haven't even opened the shipping box. The rack was so cheap that there was no way I couldn't buy it :lol:

I changed the oil and filter today; Castrol Edge 5w40 and Napa Gold 7055.

I also finally pressed out and in some new ujoints on a spare driveline. When I installed it there was some awful vibration from 40+. I'm going to call a local company that builds custom shafts and see if they'll balance it.

Met up with some of my favorite wagons in WA. Good times. Not much left from the factory in this group.

51200096505_e793279cb1_c.jpg

I wouldn't mind paying either for a high-res image or a poster. time to illustrate my garage and office (to be ) in the basement.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Cut up a LGT grille, waiting for my honeycomb CV grill to arrive so I can cut it up too.

It will take me several hours of work but I should have a S402 type grille in the next few weeks.

Of course, pic's to follow!

Cut up a LGT grille, waiting for my honeycomb CV grill to arrive so I can cut it up too.

It will take me several hours of work but I should have a S402 type grille in the next few weeks.

Of course, pic's to follow!

Taking orders for another? :)

I picked the wagon up from the trusted mechanic's today. Had him install new rear upper and lower control arms and Whiteline bushing in the trailing arms.

Big difference in ride quality, car is quiet going over the crappy roads we have around here.

He spent about 12 hours labor. Lots of rust back there, but I'd rather give him the money then fighting it in my driveway. He did mention lots of time spent with the torch.

I made a post in the suspension forum.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I wouldn't mind paying either for a high-res image or a poster. time to illustrate my garage and office (to be ) in the basement.

The meet was pretty informal. I did not set it up. I just tagged along. Others I'm sure took better photos but you can find a full res version of that one on my flickr.

spacer.png

Also, almost forgot I bought Gunnars old SSR GTX01 wheels to replace my now gone Enkei Raijins. Should look good with the RBP.

51200990146_47770921ce_z.jpg

Edited by Gex

The meet was pretty informal. I did not set it up. I just tagged along. Others I'm sure took better photos but you can find a full res version of that one on my flickr.

spacer.png

Also, almost forgot I bought Gunnars old SSR GTX01 wheels to replace my now gone Enkei Raijins. Should look good with the RBP.

What size tire you running with these? I have the same gtx01's (18 w/ 44 offset) are you pulled and rolled?

I changed the oil and filter today; Castrol Edge 5w40 and Napa Gold 7055.

I also finally pressed out and in some new ujoints on a spare driveline. When I installed it there was some awful vibration from 40+. I'm going to call a local company that builds custom shafts and see if they'll balance it.

I dropped off my driveline at the local PWC driveline division this afternoon to see if they can balance it out.

My car is currently at the shop towards the tail end of a refresh. It's going for a dyno tune on Friday so trying to get everything buttoned up. After checking with the mechanic last night he informed me that we need to find a ball joint sleeve and he can't seem to locate one. I looked at vacation pictures but can't quite figure out exactly what he needs.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

My car is currently at the shop towards the tail end of a refresh. It's going for a dyno tune on Friday so trying to get everything buttoned up. After checking with the mechanic last night he informed me that we need to find a ball joint sleeve and he can't seem to locate one. I looked at vacation pictures but can't quite figure out exactly what he needs.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Do you have aluminum trailing arms? If so, it's probably the "boss transverse link". The part number is 20216FA000.

Do you have aluminum trailing arms? If so, it's probably the "boss transverse link". The part number is 20216FA000.

Yes they are the mevotech lower control arms. It looks like that's the part he is referring to. Thanks man.