LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

Taking orders for another? :)

:lol: I was next in line for one after SBT received his (2014) got tired of waiting.

I'm sure this is going to to take plenty of time trimming and fitting the honeycomb, then of course I'll need it to be as close to perfect as possible with glue and filler, so NO!!

I already cut one side of a honeycomb grill too short, yes I could make it work but the emblem would be slightly off center so I'm going to try again. I know I can do the work but getting the honeycomb to fit perfectly is going to be tough if I don't take my time and measure 10x, thank God there are pic's I can go from.

I'm trying to find a single Prodrive GC-010E 18x7.5 100x5 wheel for a full sized spare; but it's been a challenge to say the least.

Try RHDJapan/bidJDM, someone somewhat local picked up a set of metallic silver Prodrive GC-010E in 18x8.0 +43 from them.

What size tire you running with these? I have the same gtx01's (18 w/ 44 offset) are you pulled and rolled?

245/35 tire. Haven’t tried to fit it yet by my fenders are already rolled.

Cut up a LGT grille, waiting for my honeycomb CV grill to arrive so I can cut it up too.

It will take me several hours of work but I should have a S402 type grille in the next few weeks.

Of course, pic's to follow!

I was pretty close to messing around with a CV grill but gave up dealing with local yards. Where did you acquire yours? I feel like with time and patience, lots of small cuts, it has to be pretty doable. Are you using a subaru badge to cover the ford emblem base?

Yes they are the mevotech lower control arms. It looks like that's the part he is referring to. Thanks man.

What ball joints are you using? I thought I've read a number of aftermarket options work with the mevotech arms.

So at the beginning of April I went ahead and bought the Nameless 5" Muffler Axleback set, welp it finally arrived on May 22nd, installed it this past Sunday. Very pleased with the set up though it might be a little too loud but we will see

PXL_20210523_173430630.thumb.jpg.ef9ca06d511e0d614b273207eb00d848.jpg

PXL_20210523_173416503.thumb.jpg.37fecaac3375003242cc49492499223c.jpg

...... I bought another JDM navi bezel (the more square opening one for the Panasonic nav system) which I plan on using to finally get a clean install of my Tab S2 (an upgrade from the old Nexus 7 I used to use for a dash tablet.....

I would like to see this in action, I grabbed all the stuff to do the N7 install but couldnt get a 2nd gen for a reasonable price so I have a gen 1 N7 but the images available for me to flash it are getting hard to find. I can be easily convinced to do the Tab S2, just wonder fitting

Some measurements I took with a stock exhaust and then muffler deletes show a 3db increase at 70mph and 9db at WOT. So a perceived doubling of sound at WOT, give or take.

From what people say, the volume goes up quite a bit once you get a down pipe but I haven't been able to measure that yet.

Measurements inside the cabin at driver seat roughly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recently sold my NP 5" mufflers. Great sound, but overtime the drone got to me. I threw the stock mid/Y/mufflers back on. With the Cobb catted DP, there's a good rumble, but I may just have an exhaust shop cut out the resonator in the mid pipe.
:yeahthat:

Recently sold my NP 5" mufflers. Great sound, but overtime the drone got to me. I threw the stock mid/Y/mufflers back on. With the Cobb catted DP, there's a good rumble, but I may just have an exhaust shop cut out the resonator in the mid pipe.

I am in the same boat, returned to stock midpipe/Y/mufflers after short stint with Greddy and Q300. Because wagon. Catted DP adds enough low RPM grunt to exhaust but allows for quiet cruising.

Liked Q300 for the power but it was too loud for my taste. May be a full 3" exhaust is in my future but it needs to be reasonably quiet.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Also, bought a JDM SpecB rear bumper skin. Different color but my OEM has to be painted anyway so might as well go JDM.

Well - last week ended with a new water pump - took the car for a drive after a month or so - ran well - and still no ABS lights for the brakes (yeah)!

:rolleyes::lol:

Backed into the driveway and smoke pours out of the engine bay - been there - figured the usual just a little coolant from the turbo coolant lines dripping onto the turbo..... NOPE - Billowing smoke pouring from hood and 1/2 cup size puddle forming under the car.:eek::mad:

Turned out to leak from weep hole as well as breaking through gasket - odd as the whole setup / engine / full rebuild is only 12K in.:soap_box:

Will try to remember to drive the car more:spin:

I am in the same boat, returned to stock midpipe/Y/mufflers after short stint with Greddy and Q300. Because wagon. Catted DP adds enough low RPM grunt to exhaust but allows for quiet cruising.

Liked Q300 for the power but it was too loud for my taste. May be a full 3" exhaust is in my future but it needs to be reasonably quiet.

Looks like we went on the same adventure. I've only had experience with the Stromung and Nameless. I'll get the sound figured out one day :lol:

:yeahthat:

So I made some progress on the project car.

I got the new rear brake lines installed (Stoptech SS lines). I have rear brembos on the way so looking forward to that.

I installed the R180 diff, man that cleaned up nicely!

IMG_0403.thumb.jpg.54d96b90ff6b21240a90ed1320dd1803.jpg

Lastly I re-tinted my taillights. Overall I happy with the results, I just wish it was a little lighter. I know I ordered the dark film, but dang that is dark. They were sold out of the lighter smoke tint, so I might switch to that someday.

IMG_0402.thumb.jpg.ca7d1011debc1ef1a36d758dd26e9ad5.jpg

So I made some progress on the project car.

I got the new rear brake lines installed (Stoptech SS lines). I have rear brembos on the way so looking forward to that.

I installed the R180 diff, man that cleaned up nicely!

[ATTACH]291911[/ATTACH]

Lastly I re-tinted my taillights. Overall I happy with the results, I just wish it was a little lighter. I know I ordered the dark film, but dang that is dark. They were sold out of the lighter smoke tint, so I might switch to that someday.

[ATTACH]291912[/ATTACH]

Cleaned up? That looks brand new to me :eek:

I wanted to get perforated smoke tint to mask the fading our driver side red part of my tails. Guy that was selling them here didn't want to do the wagon. So still looking for something like that.

So it is possible to tint the wagon lights but not with the cutouts. To get the film to wrap around lens it has to be warmed and stretched that would distort the cutouts something wicked.

I made the cutout for the reverse lights with knifeless tape. The same can be done for the wagon lights. For most folks they would prob prefer lighter smoke instead of the darker tint.

Finished restoring my Rally Armors.

Changed the oil a little late at 4194mi and took a sample for Blackstone Labs. While under there, I also threw in a Fumoto quick drain valve - Thanks Max for the suggestion.

I also mounted the BP9 mirrors (not pictured) to the new car, just need to find a day to figure out wiring 'em up.

IMG_4133-min.thumb.JPG.f009a40b2a3902f3c2e7d7ed28059b6d.JPG

IMG_4130-min.thumb.JPG.d62c17f8cce1686d15f60847a2f1a8b2.JPG

MILKRUN  - Click Here

mobil 1? really?

What's wrong with Mobile 1? Been awhile since I read up on bobistheoilguy, but it should be fine, no?

Naturally aspirated, flat four, that isn't beat on, in moderate Washington climates - if it's a weight issue, I didn't think that using the recommended 5w-30 sounded all that bad.

Point in me in the direction of education, please.

MILKRUN  - Click Here

I love how this forum is so critical over oil... LMAO...

It's oil, the car isn't going to implode and I highly doubt they are prepping for a day at the road course when it's going to be 110° out... #becausenotracecar...

Hell I do those things and have never sent an oil sample to Blackstone... LOL

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Edited by B-BGTLimited

What's wrong with Mobile 1? Been awhile since I read up on bobistheoilguy, but it should be fine, no?

Naturally aspirated, flat four, that isn't beat on, in moderate Washington climates - if it's a weight issue, I didn't think that using the recommended 5w-30 sounded all that bad.

Point in me in the direction of education, please.

I love how this forum is so critical over oil... LMAO...

It's oil, the car isn't going to implode and I highly doubt they are prepping for a day at the road course when it's going to be 110° out... #becausenotracecar...

Hell I do those things and have never sent an oil sample to Blackstone... LOL

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

... some people just like to see things burn. :)

oil thread including the Mobil 1 discussion. - https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/clearing-up-all-oil-info-79800.html