LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

is this the redneck car thread? old cars sitting without wheels?

When the garage gets built in the next few months, then the car can sit inside with the wheels off...LOL

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Time to have the wheels and tires balanced. Will drop them off at the trusted mechanic tomorrow on my way to be grandpa daycare.

[ATTACH]291951[/ATTACH]

7000lbs quickjacks on the lower setting.

Max. are those EXT or SLX model? I came across same 7000lbs Quicksjacks that were $200 cheaper but they are SLX and I couldn't find what the difference was.

Really like em, especially with all the upcoming work I will have to do on Tribeca and LGT.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 249K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 272K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

I have never removed the ball joint when I serviced my axles. This is what I have been doing. From memory:

-remove ABS sensor (10 mm bolt)

-remove bracket for abs sensor on shock body (12mm bolt)

-remove little bracket holding the brake line on shock body (12 mm bolt)

-loosen 32mm axle nut with wife pressing on the brakes

-remove both 19mm shock bolts

-remove axle

Not saying that's the best way, but that's what I have been doing. YMMV. Been doing this on outbacks. Not sure if it is a bit more difficult on an LGT to remove the axle from the hub

I don't touch the balljoints either. Nor do I usually touch the shock. I undo the nut and bolt holding LCA in place, get the LCA loose and rotate the whole thing out as much as possible. Then the CV can get out of the hub. It's tight but beats messing with balljoints.

Max. are those EXT or SLX model? I came across same 7000lbs Quicksjacks that were $200 cheaper but they are SLX and I couldn't find what the difference was.

Really like em, especially with all the upcoming work I will have to do on Tribeca and LGT.

It's the SLX, I just checked the picture in the https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/jacks-and-lifts-280962.html

The SLX is 6" shorter than the EXT. You can find the measurements on quickjacks site. The SLX and extension kit will give you more options than if you bought the EXT which is 66" long.

I'm think I'm going to buy the SLX frame extensions. To use them I may have to drive the wagon up on 2x6 pieces, but that's not a big issue for me. The SLX Frame Extension will be fine on my other cars. Still haven't used the jacks under the 86' F150 yet...

I did buy the SUV and light truck adaptors, they worked will for the Outback.

Edited by Max Capacity

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Sorry I don't. I used to be a technician and I have done way more CV boots that I would like to count. At some point you stop taking pictures of your headaches.

I do wish i took a picture of one guy. He was a new tech at the Audi shop I worked at and he was covered in grease, face, shirt, up to the elbows.

BTW euro axles are more difficult to rebuild than Asian cars. So you have that on your side. If this was a VW there would be one answer which is get a new one or be ready to hate your life.

Ya last project car was 01 Audi TT quattro, everything was tight space weird bolts and a nightmare.

That's good to hear just seeing how easy the turbo and downpipe was on these was refreshing

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Bought an AP in anticipation of doing a DP & tune at some point in the future. In the mean time loaded up the cobb stage 1 tune. Only seeing ~10psi peak boost. :mad: I popped the hood when I got back from the office, and looked around but it was too hot to go poking around. I did hear what sounded like the coolant boiling in the expansion tank? It's 90+ degrees out today, but the dash temp gague read normal, right in the middle. :confused:

Sooooo I've got some exploring in the engine bay to do this weekend.

Connected up my battery conditioner while it's sat in the garage.

IMG-20210602-1906114.jpg

You don't drive the car much do you...;)

Here's my 05 wagon from a few years back, :)

DSCN7058.thumb.JPG.92530e83040fa33a35155ed38bce066f.JPG

No. I daily a 2005 wagon. The TBSTI is just a weekend toy.

IMAG0082.jpg

It's an 05 but it has air pump? Interesting. Also, the rear bumper looks like USDM sized to me.

Brought her back to the dealership less than 24 hours after getting her... Broken horn, CEL, and roof rack is loose... Hopefully they don't break things.... This dealership has proven to not be trusted, but I can't let this car goc9d69458523c93d57a719264eebe8ac8.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Brought her back to the dealership less than 24 hours after getting her... Broken horn, CEL, and roof rack is loose... Hopefully they don't break things.... This dealership has proven to not be trusted, but I can't let this car goc9d69458523c93d57a719264eebe8ac8.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

My wagon's twin... Did you read the CEL code? Don't let the dealer screw you and the car up.