LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

Tonight I got a Whiteline 20mm RSB, Kartboy solid endlinks, and AVO reinforcing brackets installed. Holy moly does this car rotate! The car will now oversteer on demand, both while trail braking and throttle on corner exit.

I'm pumped. Ready for autox this weekend.

Also, I'll be playing in the new XSA class this season. Hopefully some better competition than SM.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Came across a fresh looking 08 gt at a Miami lkq yard. Just put out today :(

https://www.lkqpickyourpart.com/locations/LKQ_Pick_Your_Part_-_Ft._Lauderdale-198/recents/2008-subaru-legacy/

Looks clean, wonder why it was totalled.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Ordered some items to refresh a few lines/parts while the turbo is out:

PCV valve (2d one in 134K mi)

Group N pitch stop

Bell housing inspection plug

Turbo>down pipe hardware (snapped a bolt)

OCVs (I was going to clean them, but snapped the receptacle while trying to remove one)

I'm sure I'll add more stuff soon...any recommendations are welcome as well.

:yeahthat:

Ordered some items to refresh a few lines/parts while the turbo is out:

PCV valve (2d one in 134K mi)

Group N pitch stop

Bell housing inspection plug

Turbo>down pipe hardware (snapped a bolt)

OCVs (I was going to clean them, but snapped the receptacle while trying to remove one)

I'm sure I'll add more stuff soon...any recommendations are welcome as well.

Turbo drain hose, usually gets hard due to high temp and is prone to cracking/leaking.

The coolant bypass line in front of the engine - it gets rusty because it's right on top of exhaust manifold.

Clean/regrease the starter while car is sitting.

Check pass side CV boot, good thing to address too.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Turbo drain hose, usually gets hard due to high temp and is prone to cracking/leaking.

The coolant bypass line in front of the engine - it gets rusty because it's right on top of exhaust manifold.

Clean/regrease the starter while car is sitting.

Check pass side CV boot, good thing to address too.

This morning I ordered a new one as well as two vacuum hoses and the hose coming off the turbo coolant reservoir. All but the one coming from the reservoir were rock hard (that's what she said).

Good call on the starter!

:yeahthat:

Spent a few hours dissecting my '05 passenger seat to remove the occupant sensor rig (octopus) to transplant into the '11 STi seat I have to take its place.

If I removed the passenger seat altogether will the system complain because the sensors are all disconnected? Thinking of buying a Planted seat mount to replace the passenger seat with a cooler mount for road tripping with my kid.

Wagon goes in for paint and quarter panel repair this weekend. Everything from the bumper to the top of the windshield should look great again. Of course my door handles seem to be losing their clear coat as of recently.

Does anyone make a kit to plug and play the 05 fog wiring and 08 fog bulbs? Checked and the plugs are different btw the two.

If I removed the passenger seat altogether will the system complain because the sensors are all disconnected? Thinking of buying a Planted seat mount to replace the passenger seat with a cooler mount for road tripping with my kid.

In theory, if you have an '05; you would need to pull the seat, dismantle it to remove the four strain sensors, the occupant module, seat belt, and matching wiring. You could bundle it all together, put a plug in the seat belt base, and put a 3.3 ohm resistor in the SRS plug (that would have been in the side of the seat back.). You would have the rest of the airbags active in the car other than the passenger dash and missing SRS (because the seat isn't there.)

In theory, I think that would work.

I hate messing with airbags, hopefully I'll never need them; but the last thing I want to do is to regret not having them if they were needed...

Can anyone help me find out which year outback struts and cv’s will work to lift my 2008 legacy bl ?

A few threads in case no one replies. The impression I get it is, all you need is the springs/struts. (Edit: I just realized you asked about what year, I can't remember if the the threads below say. 2nd link has more info I think.)

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/best-way-go-liftingi-270977.html

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/outback-suspension-legacy-252205.html

Can anyone help me find out which year outback struts and cv’s will work to lift my 2008 legacy bl ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2005-2009 struts will lift it. KTA124 will help you align it afterwards

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

2005-2009 struts will lift it. KTA124 will help you align it afterwards

Do i need outback CV’s or can the legacy CV’s can handle the 3” lift?

Do i need outback CV’s or can the legacy CV’s can handle the 3” lift?

Same CV is used in legacy and outback. To correct the CV plunge angle you might want to install the subframe spacers, driveshaft, steering shaft. I just removed all of this from my outback as I did the opposite. Outback to legacy

In theory, if you have an '05; you would need to pull the seat, dismantle it to remove the four strain sensors, the occupant module, seat belt, and matching wiring. You could bundle it all together, put a plug in the seat belt base, and put a 3.3 ohm resistor in the SRS plug (that would have been in the side of the seat back.). You would have the rest of the airbags active in the car other than the passenger dash and missing SRS (because the seat isn't there.)

In theory, I think that would work.

I hate messing with airbags, hopefully I'll never need them; but the last thing I want to do is to regret not having them if they were needed...

first time I dismantled a car, my tools slipped removing the air bag. Looking at the firing mechanism in a confined space debating the chances of it actually going off was a bit nerve wracking. Spending time on yt watching ppl blow them up before starting the removal wasn't helpful.

I have a weird new issue now after installing the STi front seats.

I can't set my alarm.

It'll set then after 2 min start beeping then go off.

It does it with or without the seat belt in the passenger seat.

Trying to figure out what is triggering it.

I have a weird new issue now after installing the STi front seats.

I can't set my alarm.

It'll set then after 2 min start beeping then go off.

It does it with or without the seat belt in the passenger seat.

Trying to figure out what is triggering it.

Something with the immobilizer?

I'll be dropping the rear subframe in a few weeks to replace pretty much everything back there. Should I plan on having rear diff axle seals on hand?

I'll be dropping the rear subframe in a few weeks to replace pretty much everything back there. Should I plan on having rear diff axle seals on hand?

I'm thinking no.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Yes, but not directly.

You reminded me of the security impact sensor under the seat that I hadn’t reconnected. That did it, thanks! :wub:

Maintenance day, rounding out my spring refresh. Swapped in a fresh battery, Bosch icon wipers up front, and gave her a mean wash n vacuum. My son is nine months today, def the cleanest the wagon’s been in his lifetime. Being a dad now, budget is everything. Shopped around for the new battery, debated Optima, Duralast/Diehard, and even Costco. Mentioned same last visit to dealer parts dept and rep said he’d give me wholesale on oem. Swung back by yesterday at closing time and got it on the house bc he’d already closed out his register. First time being a regular has paid off. Made my damn day.

Yes, but not directly.

You reminded me of the security impact sensor under the seat that I hadn’t reconnected. That did it, thanks! :wub:

Noice

Maintenance day, rounding out my spring refresh. Swapped in a fresh battery, Bosch icon wipers up front, and gave her a mean wash n vacuum. My son is nine months today, def the cleanest the wagon’s been in his lifetime. Being a dad now, budget is everything. Shopped around for the new battery, debated Optima, Duralast/Diehard, and even Costco. Mentioned same last visit to dealer parts dept and rep said he’d give me wholesale on oem. Swung back by yesterday at closing time and got it on the house bc he’d already closed out his register. First time being a regular has paid off. Made my damn day.

Noice