LegacyGT.com

June 16-18, '23 - Carlisle, PA: LegacyGT.com East Coast Meetup

Enlight

Weekend Availability for East Coast Meet  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which weekends are you available?

This poll is closed to new votes

Really bummed that I won’t be able to join you all. It’s great to see our forum and community, though much smaller than it once was, still going after all these years.  

• Like 8
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

On 4/6/2023 at 3:40 PM, m sprank said:

I was thinking 50 tees.  Do I need more? 

imho 50 should be plenty. let them be rare if we have a huge crowd.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

On 4/6/2023 at 2:39 PM, boxkita said:

black on heather gray. little logo over left breast. big logo on back. forum name list would be cool but not a deal killer. I'd get two. one for signing one to wear

a long sleeve version with LegacyGT on the sleeves because @m sprank doesn't have enough randomization in his life yet.

I saw your fundraising post. Closing on a house next week. Hopefully we can get done with the churn before your deadline.

I see a donation from @boxkita.  Hope you closed on the house.  I owe you a tee.  THANK YOU!

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, m sprank said:

Thank you @jaylew!!!  Final day of the fund raiser.  10x the initial goal has been raised.  Can't say THANK YOU enough to all that have so generously donated to the cause.  Your contributions make a difference.

10x is awesome, glad to hear that it went so well, that is amazing work.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This has become a reasonably serious component of the this thread, but I suppose there a bunch of us who are contributing to @m sprank either arriving in a 4th Gen LGT or having one to nurse back to health.

This is a sedan, so maybe not a particularly attractive option? Spec goodies would be tasty tho.

I have a member/owner of a 2008 specb with no engine ready to sell to me for a VERY reasonable price.  Includes two 6mt trannies and a complete 07 specb interior as well.  

Another member in RI has offered his non running 05 LGT 5eat for a great price.  Rick (@underdog) did a lot of the work on the car.

@GEE-OTTO is selling his car now for a decent price. 

I can put together a decent sedan with lots of extra parts.  I spoke with my preferred machine shop about pricing for a closed deck block to build upon.  Inflation is not my friend. 

As much as I miss the cars,  the reality of costs to build and maintain are probably more than I want to invest.  Pretty sure I could buy a LOT of car for the cost of building a 4th gen LGT.

Big decision to make this week. Daughters 10th B-day is 2 weeks away. Car or presents/summer vacation trips???

• Like 2

2 months! 

still working on my route. Lots of bucket list roads to fit. Cannonball run got nixed to pay for attending nieces' graduation.

looks like a northern route across Washington, Idaho, Wyoming, South Dakota and back up to the upper peninsula of Michigan then dropping down through western Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky and Tennessee. I would like to try the Montana Autobahn again (it's been 30 years since I did it).

• Like 5

On 4/14/2023 at 11:15 AM, m sprank said:

Thank you @jaylew!!!  Final day of the fund raiser.  10x the initial goal has been raised.  Can't say THANK YOU enough to all that have so generously donated to the cause.  Your contributions make a difference.

we do have a great little community here.  i'm on the fringe these days but great to see it still running strong

• Like 1

On 4/18/2023 at 8:37 PM, boxkita said:

2 months! 

still working on my route. Lots of bucket list roads to fit. Cannonball run got nixed to pay for attending nieces' graduation.

looks like a northern route across Washington, Idaho, Wyoming, South Dakota and back up to the upper peninsula of Michigan then dropping down through western Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky and Tennessee. I would like to try the Montana Autobahn again (it's been 30 years since I did it).

Sounds like a perfect trip! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’ve been cranking out odds and ends with my wagon. Detailing everything, windows, seats, all the door trim and door jams the other night. Polished SPT exhaust tips. Installing, cleaning and lubing parts all over. Gotta do my carpets next.

Lots of good comments about it, and I agree this event has been motivating me getting stuff done. My car looks pretty nice.

• Like 6

One of sisters visited for a week during Easter.  She is a BIG IPA fan and wanted to try as many local brewers as possible.  She left my fridge with so much beer in it the wife complained.  So I upped my game to 2 beers per night to "clean house".  My preperations for the meet, increasing my alcohol tolerance. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

The spring fundraiser has ended.  But the organization is always accepting donations. 

https://www.girlsontherunsv.org/donate

Fall program kicks off in August and we are all looking forward to another great season.  

The spring fundraiser brought in enough donations to cover full sponsorship for 35 girls for the coming year.  Thank you all!!!

On a side note, I think I found a local shop to print the tees for us. Sending our business to a local small business owner.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Enlight said:

42 days remaining! Button up those projects!

Ohcheezenadrice!

Huh.... So, the GT being on quickjacks still with no front end and no rear CVs isn't a good thing? Lol!

Edit/Update: Parcel with CVs got from Montreal to Hamilton in 2 days by Canada Post, which is pretty damn good. I would guess I'll get it Monday, so.... if I clean up a set of headlights this evening. There is a pretty real chance she'll at least be ready for Spring shakedown next week.
EDIT the edit: Package delivered well ahead of schedule. This is unusual for Canada Post... I am waiting for the other shoe to drop. On the plus side, I could *theoretically* have all the critical work done by the end of the weekend, which is neato.

No pressure. She'll hold together. (Hear me baby.... hold together.)

Edited by KZJonny
  • Like 5

Just did a 3-day 1700 mile trip in our jeep cherokee hauling a uhaul trailer. I think the number of days I'm going to sleep in a tent will be...2. The days of the meetup.  :)

Driving 12 hours a day, I was ready for a shower and bed as soon as I got to the hotel.

Drove a very rural route through Utah. Fascinating scenery. Well worth the detour.

25 days until I get started

so much yet to do....

• Like 6