LegacyGT.com

June 16-18, '23 - Carlisle, PA: LegacyGT.com East Coast Meetup

Enlight

Weekend Availability for East Coast Meet  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which weekends are you available?

This poll is closed to new votes

On 5/7/2023 at 8:34 AM, Enlight said:

Utah's a beautiful state, really lets you appreciate how big the U.S. is and the different geographies it contains.

I was there a couple of years ago and loved it out there.  Rented a car in Las Vegas, drove to utah to sleep in one of those glamping tents, then drove out to see the grand canyon spent a few days out there, and then drove back to las Vegas before flying home.

Back on topic, weather was finally nice enough to get some paint on the a few parts, will be clear coating them over the next couple of days.  I also started sanding the front bumper as well as a few smaller spots on the rear bumper and fender.  Will be applying filler to the front and rear bumper today, and hopefully spraying some paint as early as tomorrow since we will have a few very nice days this week.  

• Like 2

#LGTSTi is still cheaper and nicer then an equal year wrxsti

Follow my 2007 Spec B. Build here

2 minutes ago, tysparks81 said:

I was there a couple of years ago and loved it out there.  Rented a car in Las Vegas, drove to utah to sleep in one of those glamping tents, then drove out to see the grand canyon spent a few days out there, and then drove back to las Vegas before flying home.

Back on topic, weather was finally nice enough to get some paint on the a few parts, will be clear coating them over the next couple of days.  I also started sanding the front bumper as well as a few smaller spots on the rear bumper and fender.  Will be applying filler to the front and rear bumper today, and hopefully spraying some paint as early as tomorrow since we will have a few very nice days this week.  

If I finish sand and mask my other headlights, will you hit them with clear while you're at it? 🤪

I was too embarrased to take and post photos of my first time trying to spray clear, hah! I have some learning to do.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, KZJonny said:

If I finish sand and mask my other headlights, will you hit them with clear while you're at it? 🤪

I was too embarrased to take and post photos of my first time trying to spray clear, hah! I have some learning to do.

Sure bud, happy to come spray them for you.  But its a learning processes, you have to make mistakes so you can get better.  I'm going to post some photos and I am pleasantly surprised at how much better my spray painting has gotten. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, tysparks81 said:

Sure bud, happy to come spray them for you.  But its a learning processes, you have to make mistakes so you can get better.  I'm going to post some photos and I am pleasantly surprised at how much better my spray painting has gotten. 

And I know you would too dude! I appreciate that, but I'm just having fun. If I don't do it myself, I won't learn how, as you pointed out.

Can't be calling you up every time I need something sprayed! However, if you do post up some photos while you're doing your partst that would be cool too. I'll also troll around Youtube and see if I can find some shots of how much clear is enough vs. too much, etc...

I learn how NOT to do it, which is a start. I also learned that I don't want to spray clear inside my house again... I could smell solvent for days, even painting in my basement and closing up the door and vents. Outdoor only unless I install a venting fan at some point....

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, KZJonny said:

And I know you would too dude! I appreciate that, but I'm just having fun. If I don't do it myself, I won't learn how, as you pointed out.

Can't be calling you up every time I need something sprayed! However, if you do post up some photos while you're doing your partst that would be cool too. I'll also troll around Youtube and see if I can find some shots of how much clear is enough vs. too much, etc...

I learn how NOT to do it, which is a start. I also learned that I don't want to spray clear inside my house again... I could smell solvent for days, even painting in my basement and closing up the door and vents. Outdoor only unless I install a venting fan at some point....

I know you got this, just here to help if you need it. I did post a few photos in my build log & in what did you do to your 4th gen.

Learning how NOT to do it is an important step, just its always different as to when we learn it.  But been there many many times.  Wife let me sand & prep the parts in the house but painting had to be done outside.  Even with a venting fan, unless you plan on leaving your house open for days.  Learned that one the hard way too, lol.

Edited by tysparks81
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, tysparks81 said:

Even with a venting fan, unless you plan on leaving your house open for days.  Learned that one the hard way too, lol.

Yeah, it was mildy unpleasant for me, so I dealt with it. I was more concerned for my cats. They've got a sense of smell like 10x times better than a human, and they're only 10lbs or so, so I can only imagine how low the safe levels of solvent are for them!

If I get a proper motor suitable for evacuating vapours (which I should, given I have the Tig welder in the basement as well) I'd have a go again inside, but not without that, and a proper enclosed paint boot set up.

• Like 1

Unsure if I'll be going to this now... Will be in San Diego for a conference for work the entire week, flying back home on a red-eye Thursday night. Will know closer to the date. Still need to figure out lodging; would much prefer to crash on a bed or couch than a tent.

Told sister she got me in trouble leaving beer in my fridge.  She sent two bottles of Tequila that I cant get locally.  Admittedly, I am a sucker for good Tequila.  So, off to the store I go to re-stock all the beer she left so I can enjoy it with tequila. 

Stepping up my game BIG TIME for this meet.  Gonna gain at least 5 pounds in beer gut alone.  Its Friday Night!  Time to (pretend I can) stay up late, get shit faced and keep pace with thugs. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

18 hours ago, m sprank said:

Told sister she got me in trouble leaving beer in my fridge.  She sent two bottles of Tequila that I cant get locally.  Admittedly, I am a sucker for good Tequila.  So, off to the store I go to re-stock all the beer she left so I can enjoy it with tequila. 

Stepping up my game BIG TIME for this meet.  Gonna gain at least 5 pounds in beer gut alone.  Its Friday Night!  Time to (pretend I can) stay up late, get shit faced and keep pace with thugs. 

Sounds like ranch water will be good to have on hand!

• Like 1

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

1 hour ago, m sprank said:

This is why I am not introducing myself to/or inviting the 4 WRX/STi in my neighborhood to the meet.  Pic is from a "local" Virginia parking lot. 

wtf.png

Well I remember when we visited that area, felt quite 'rednecky' (don't know if that is even a word :lol:) in some spots, especially along the river bank not too far north of Harpers Ferry.

In the past 2 years the area has grown as Urban dwellers flocked to the country during COVID.  But, yes we have "rednecks".  Most refer to them as "hillbillies".  Some take offense to the term and some embrace it. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, m sprank said:

This is why I am not introducing myself to/or inviting the 4 WRX/STi in my neighborhood to the meet.  Pic is from a "local" Virginia parking lot. 

wtf.png

Not sure whether this is more Famaya or Hicksta, you decide!

• Haha 1

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Karma is sure a b. "You guys are scaring me with the scope of your projects" came to bite me hard in the rear. Car is still on quick jacks and I caught myself shopping for new JDM STI Pinks today. Have 1/2 saggy butt spacers on the order due here Saturday and other small parts should be here tomorrow, fingers crossed. Current Pinks will have to do, surprisingly passenger side springs are in better shape than driver side - cue me mostly driving in the left lane I guess... Will clean and spray the springs with some rust-oleum pink, hope that holds for couple of years...

Current progress, I am anti-seizing the world out of bolts this time around:

image.thumb.png.f778d28eb6652a4d787e9869661143cd.png

• Like 3

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

2 hours ago, Chronuss said:

Anyone know if the campground/surrounding area is pet friendly?  May need to bring a 5 month old pupper with us.

Campground Rules:

PETS: Pet owners must show proof of current inoculations upon arrival. Pets must be on a leash at all times and are not to be left alone in the campground. They are NOT permitted in the store, playground, or lake; owners are responsible for cleaning up after them.

• Like 1

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

Break her in right. 

Trying to facilitate the acquisition of a 6MT for @KZJonny during his road trip south.  Email and text sent and my phone just "dinged".

Check your PMs, I am sending you the contact info.  Owner is ready to sell. 

Edited by m sprank
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2