June 16-18, '23 - Carlisle, PA: LegacyGT.com East Coast Meetup

Enlight

Weekend Availability for East Coast Meet  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which weekends are you available?

This poll is closed to new votes

11 minutes ago, solidxsnake said:

Done, put in $35 for the run.

FYI @Enlight, the WhatsApp link you posted for the meet announcements is not a whatsapp link at all, just a name

Thank you!  All the young ladies appreciate the generosity. 

Many require financial assistance to cover the enrollment fee.  These donations insure that those that cant pay, still participate.  Individuals donating their time determine how many girls can participate as a whole. So if my wife can committ to being a "coach" the next session another 10-15 girls can join the group at our school. 

Surprising how having family and getting older open you eyes to an entire world of possibilities you never imagined. I donated my time as a JV wrestling coach at my HS alma mater back when I was in college. Last time I gave my time like that.  It was truly rewarding.  Makes me think about doing things like that again if I can.  Trying to make a positive impact on todays youth rather than just bitching about them. 

• Like 2

I can not thank those who have contributed for their generosity enough.  My daughter looked up her tally before school this morning and almost cried she was so happy. 

Your donations truly make a difference.  For example... A $25 donation provides materials for one coach to complete coach training.  A $50 donation gives a pair of sneakers to one girl.  A $100 donation provides all the materials that a coach needs for lessons throughout an entire season.  A $200 donation provides an entire team with healthy snacks for a season. 

Mary wants to make a thank you video for everyone who contributes.  The fundraiser is ongoing until 4/14 please spread the word!. 

Obviously I owe some tees.

Edited by m sprank
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, solidxsnake said:

Done, put in $35 for the run.

FYI @Enlight, the WhatsApp link you posted for the meet announcements is not a whatsapp link at all, just a name

Thanks for catching that, I've made the corrections.

LGT Meet Chat

LGT Meet Announcements

I will upgrade the first post accordingly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

It's not exaclty too late, I think... But as I am looking around for a couple of used parts in all the usual places like local classifieds, and ebay (and @jaylew might have solved my spare headlight units problem...) etc..

I figured if anyone else had a listing of wants and needs, we could start a parts swap thread for this as well. Post up anything you're looking for and maybe among the 20-odd of us showing up someone will have one sitting around needing a home. Pretty obviously it wouldn't involve too many large/really heavy items, but there would be potential for people to save some cash and maybe clear out the "I kept it just in case" boxes...

Or does nobody else have like 8 boxes on the shelf of parts that are in pretty good shape but of questionable value, and are too lazy to list them for sale?

Edited by KZJonny
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, KZJonny said:

Or does nobody else have like 8 boxes on the shelf of parts that are in pretty good shape but of questionable value, and are too lazy to list them for sale?

When did you get into my garage?  Include a few bumpers, four transmissions, and a spare engine, and you got me....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

So years ago i made an excel sheet inventory of all my items. It was mainly so when i go to junk yards, I don't come home with oops a 4th interior piece of trim when I only need 3, because only normal people would stock pile 3 of that item (just in case). I'll give it a look through to see if there is any particular line item I can 'safely' bring down to a quantity of 2 haha

• Like 1

Wagon is LIFE! - 265,000 miles and climbing

Unofficial Build (Restoration) Thread

Steering Rack Rebuild

36 minutes ago, BoozeRS05 said:

I’d participate in a separate thread. I’ve been thinking about this and I have too much shit to list, but my list of things I’d want is manageable.

Separate thread is a great idea.

Silly question, but suggested folder to start it in? I live in the 4th gen world, but that isn't all of us. General Chat is kind of meant for other stuff than Legacy chatter.

I'd put a link here either way, so it would capture the intended audience, but if possible, i'd prefer not to clutter the wrong places too much. (Per my other thread about dragging your old garbage to a meet.... 😬)

• Like 1

Input on the tees needed. 

Color: Heather Grey/Sport Grey (I am finding different suppliers call it a different name, but they all understand the color choice).

Graphics:  Color? Large logo on front?  Large logo on rear?  Small logo on Right or Left chest and large logo on rear? List of user names and if so where and in what orientation?  As our design is already a complete file if we want to add user names the question is always, what font?

Least expensive is going to be a single color (white or black on the gray) with a single logo front or back.  I prefer either a large logo on back or a small logo on front chest and large logo on back.  Something about large screen printing on the front of tees is uncomfortable to me when worn. 

• Thanks 1

I like the idea of black on Heather Grey, kinda less obvious. and if it didn't make the printing costs silly I would go for a small logo on the front, offset to whatever side (I suppose wearers left is standard) with a larger logo on the back.

As far as the names thing, I'm ambivalent and always find it fun and a great memory thing to bring along Sharpies and get people to just sign the thing for you. Makes it a little simpler, in you get a custom tee you can hang up somewhere. I'd buy two, one to wear out and another for the garage wall with peoples signitures and LGT handles on it. Whatever people want to write.

Edited by KZJonny
  • Like 2

I would second black on heather grey, that's my favorite combination.

I like KZJonny's idea of a small logo on the left breast and a larger one on the back between the shoulder blades.  It doesn't have to be huge, just big enough.

I like the idea of sharpies for signing names, that makes it more personal (and cheaper to print the shirts hopefully)

Thanks for doing this!

• Like 1

No problem.  At this point, the forum has paid forward.  You "bought" a few tees yourself.  So did @SubOperator, a BIG THANK YOU!  Reminds me of the "good ole days" and the Toys for Tots drives. 

Apparently my sister received a "bonus/incentive" two years ago in the form of a charity fund with CharityVest.  She told me today it was perfect timing as she had been holding the funds "waiting for this moment".  $1000.00 donation in my daughters name.  She always was the overachiever in the family. 

Between family, friends and this meet group my little girls fundraising campaign has contributed almost $1800 to date.  Thats funding for two teams for a full season.  Can she raise enough to make it three teams worth?

https://www.girlsontherunsv.org/Fundraiser/2023-SPRING-Unstoppable-Us-Fundraiser-Mary-S-28817

• Like 3

black on heather gray. little logo over left breast. big logo on back. forum name list would be cool but not a deal killer. I'd get two. one for signing one to wear

a long sleeve version with LegacyGT on the sleeves because @m sprank doesn't have enough randomization in his life yet.

I saw your fundraising post. Closing on a house next week. Hopefully we can get done with the churn before your deadline.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Infosecdad said:

I would second black on heather grey, that's my favorite combination.

I like KZJonny's idea of a small logo on the left breast and a larger one on the back between the shoulder blades.  It doesn't have to be huge, just big enough.

I like the idea of sharpies for signing names, that makes it more personal (and cheaper to print the shirts hopefully)

Thanks for doing this!

Second this in its entirety.

I my need a few as my boys and their friend are coming too, but I want to pay for those separately. @m sprank For this do you prefer direct payment for Tees or donation to Mary's running team? lmk

Edited by SubOperator

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

1 hour ago, m sprank said:

No problem.  At this point, the forum has paid forward.  You "bought" a few tees yourself.  So did @SubOperator, a BIG THANK YOU!  Reminds me of the "good ole days" and the Toys for Tots drives. 

Apparently my sister received a "bonus/incentive" two years ago in the form of a charity fund with CharityVest.  She told me today it was perfect timing as she had been holding the funds "waiting for this moment".  $1000.00 donation in my daughters name.  She always was the overachiever in the family. 

Between family, friends and this meet group my little girls fundraising campaign has contributed almost $1800 to date.  Thats funding for two teams for a full season.  Can she raise enough to make it three teams worth?

https://www.girlsontherunsv.org/Fundraiser/2023-SPRING-Unstoppable-Us-Fundraiser-Mary-S-28817

You worked hard for your name. Now your name is working for you and your daughter. That's what life is supposed to be.

Always happy to support a good cause. I used to run much more in the past. Great times and memories.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

I was thinking 50 tees.  Do I need more? 

Black on "heather grey" is not an issue.  Small on left chest and large on back is not an issue. 

I have a budget in mind for tees and if it comes to it I will ask for no more than my cost to cover extra tees.  If I get to eat JJ's cooking and drink KZ's beer for free its worth it. 

If I knew a forum member or Subie enthusiast who did printing I would go with them.  Just like I did with the stickers.  But, I do not.   I have looked into pricing from a few online "stores" for a general ball park figure.  There are two or three local (within 35 miles) of me shops that do custom printing.  If we can agree on the design I prefer to use a local shop even if it costs a little more.  Imho it is worth the money to keep it local and the customer service is so much better.  

• Like 4

Totally off the topic at hand, but as I read msprank's last post I thought of something which made me laugh.

3 hours ago, m sprank said:

If I get to eat JJ's cooking and drink KZ's beer for free its worth it.

First of all, yeah, of course you'll get beer from me for putting in all this effort. I may end up having to bring a fair bit, to cover 'debts' and let every adult who wants to try or swap beer have one.

Second, and this was the laugh is that I just realized that most of you lot are probably reading my name as "Kay-Zee" or something like that, when of course it is not.

"Kay-Zed" is the correct pronunciation. 🤪

If I ignore you when you talk to me, let me apologize now in advance, it won't be intentional, just my not recognizing what I'm hearing. Lol!

Edited by KZJonny
  • Haha 2

My user name is a take on the last name of my (twin) sisters father.  I got stuck with it for a few years (long story) and had to use the courts to gain back the name on my birth certificate.  My mother has been divorced from him for over 30 years, lol.  I dont immediately assume that anyones user name has anything to do with their real name.  I am sure many come with a "story". 

I will just call everyone eh, you, that guy, whats your face, etc.  In all honesty I am horrible with names.  To the point of people getting rather upset about it.