LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

Thanks. Granted he's only 16 weeks, he's barfed 2 of the 3 times I've had him in the car. He's getting a bit big to comfortably ride in the front seat, and I'm thinking he might do better in the back. Or rather my center console will do better with him in the back.

Yeah, I've been here. Have two goldens. They go in the Forester :lol:

Though not necessarily a car related part, try to get a seatbelt harness. I have two goldens. One absolutely hates the car, has puked, nervous pees. The other loves it so long as he has a lap to crawl on. It's mostly exposure. Good luck and congrats on the land shark.

Got a Golden retriever puppy about a month ago, does anyone have a decent experience with a cargo area dog divider? Oem or otherwise?

That's awesome! Our first dog was a Golden. Are you in search of a dog divider for the cargo area? I have an OEM one I that I do not need. Shipping might render it "not worth" though.

MILKRUN  - Click Here

Blew 4th gear... Looking to get this one rebuilt. On the East coast. Drivable, just no 4th gear (goes in but its nasty so i pulled it out, but no power. I am guessing the gear sheared)

That's rare. I did hear a few people blowing 5th gear, but not 4th. Were you pulling hard when it happened?

hello past LGT kin. i added some fluids to the 4th gen and started trying to sort it out to sell it.

it's been a while since i've been here. for a bunch of various reasons (some valid and some not), the LGT has basically been sitting for a while. it still starts, still seems to run fine, but it's time for it to go. main issue right now is while sitting the brake line that runs down the passenger side has given way (found fluid leaking under the rear passenger side door) so it's not able to be moved.

general question, and feel free to tell me to bug off... but what are the value of these things these days? there's probably about 55k on the rebuilt engine and i think around 175k on the overall body, but i had a ton done to it over the years. i've attached my build sheet, it put down 311whp/333wtq on a mustang dyno, and i've attached the full list of mods i've ever done to it. not in the list mods is that the valve body for the 5EAT was modified by ClimberD (HexMods).

Known issues with the car:

• The A/C doesn't work
  • The seats in the interior are in the shape of a car from 2005, except the driver's side seat has a pretty good tear in the bolster. However, the entire carpet was replaced with black carpet when I had the car rebuilt in 2014
  • A wire is snipped on the Grimmspeed EBCS causing a CEL and limited boost, but I have a replacement EBCS on hand I just never installed
  • The rear driver's side door handle needs to be painted. There was a failure of the mechanism and I had it replaced, but the shop that replaced it wouldn't work with me to get it painted
  • The battery is toast but it jumps and runs when needed (I started it to test the brakes)

The car was PDR'd in 2014 and the exterior is in pretty good shape. The front bumper (JDM) could use a respray and it's got that typical fourth gen rust in front of the driver's side wheel well. I also have a ton of the stock parts hanging around and even some BNIB performance parts.

Anyone want to give a swag at what I could get for it? It's still in my possession since buying my Audi in 2017 because I wanted to move into a situation where I could garage the LGT and tinker with it, but life has just not gone in that direction. Honestly it probably needs some more work besides the brakes and the list above (tires, the wheels are in rough shape) so I'm not expecting top dollar.

I hope you all are well. It's good to see some familiar names still active in here.

Build Sheet - Rev.05.pdf

parts_list_pdf.pdf

Had my mechanic do valve covers, oil pan gasket, and killer b pickup tube on the 2007. Did not get the car back. It’s buttoned up but every time they drive it the pcv/breather hoses on the right valve cover blow off.

I’m thinking a vacuum line was accidentally attached to a boost line, or the pcv valve got jammed shut. Is there any possibility that this could be caused by air getting sucked up by the oil pump? I can’t imagine anything other than low oil pressure (and associated damage) happening as a result of that but figured I’d ask you guys.

Having never done those gaskets and seals I’m not sure what needs to be removed and if a hose could’ve been swapped.

Any suggestions on things to look for that specifically get removed for valve cover gaskets?

Autocrossed it last Sunday, not fast but still fun. Went out for my 2nd time on track tonight, this time at Palmer! What a great course!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHd-wCzZXK8]SCCA TNiA Palmer (CCW) 16 June 2022 - YouTube[/ame]

Disclaimer: I have no idea what I'm doing, but still had a blast! Though last couple of laps, the car developed a loud clunking through some of the turns. When I got back to paddock, I noticed the same clunking pulling into my spot, and when taking sharp turns (near full-lock). Looks like I may have cooked my axles... Can't complain that they've lasted 172k miles, though.

Had my mechanic do valve covers, oil pan gasket, and killer b pickup tube on the 2007. Did not get the car back. It’s buttoned up but every time they drive it the pcv/breather hoses on the right valve cover blow off.

I’m thinking a vacuum line was accidentally attached to a boost line, or the pcv valve got jammed shut. Is there any possibility that this could be caused by air getting sucked up by the oil pump? I can’t imagine anything other than low oil pressure (and associated damage) happening as a result of that but figured I’d ask you guys.

Having never done those gaskets and seals I’m not sure what needs to be removed and if a hose could’ve been swapped.

Any suggestions on things to look for that specifically get removed for valve cover gaskets?

This shouldn't be possible but do they have the two hoses switched (they are different diameters)? One set goes directly to the block breather and the other to the inlet/intake.

That's rare. I did hear a few people blowing 5th gear, but not 4th. Were you pulling hard when it happened?

No clue when it happened, I heard slight noise slowing down below 30. Parked it and didn't find out 4th was gone until I looked at it the next day.

Autocrossed it last Sunday, not fast but still fun. Went out for my 2nd time on track tonight, this time at Palmer! What a great course!

Disclaimer: I have no idea what I'm doing, but still had a blast! Though last couple of laps, the car developed a loud clunking through some of the turns. When I got back to paddock, I noticed the same clunking pulling into my spot, and when taking sharp turns (near full-lock). Looks like I may have cooked my axles... Can't complain that they've lasted 172k miles, though.

Did you check your swaybar endlinks? Maybe they got loose?

This shouldn't be possible but do they have the two hoses switched (they are different diameters)? One set goes directly to the block breather and the other to the inlet/intake.

If I remember correctly, both hoses go to the plastic PCV cross-over pipes, and end at approximately the same location but can't be interchanged since they are molded hoses and old and hard. One is a straight hose at the plastic pipe and one has a 90° turn down at the plastic pipe so they can't really be swapped.

There is another connection on the cross-over pipe that doesn't connect directly to the PCV valve but I don't know where that hose goes. Possibly that is the one they got mixed up, but again, old, hard, molded hoses don't bend that much. Maybe that's the one that goes to the inlet. I haven't touched that one before so not too sure.

If I remember correctly, both hoses go to the plastic PCV cross-over pipes, and end at approximately the same location but can't be interchanged since they are molded hoses and old and hard. One is a straight hose at the plastic pipe and one has a 90° turn down at the plastic pipe so they can't really be swapped.

There is another connection on the cross-over pipe that doesn't connect directly to the PCV valve but I don't know where that hose goes. Possibly that is the one they got mixed up, but again, old, hard, molded hoses don't bend that much. Maybe that's the one that goes to the inlet. I haven't touched that one before so not too sure.

One set goes to plastic pipes then to turbo inlet. The other set goes to metal pipes and then the block.

I was more talking about the connections at the valve covers since they would be removed to change the gaskets. The diameters at the valve cover are different sizes so it really shouldn't happen but if it did, you would be pressurizing the intake and that could pop a hose off.

Ok So I got the car back, it is running very well much smoother, I am at the same power levels because it has been so hot here is Missouri. On the days my car was getting tuned it was 97 and 98 heat index of 106. they did not want to push the car and I was fine with that. So still at the 315 awhp mark.

I will be going back in the cooler weather in the fall to really push the car.

I have to say the External is worth every penny :lol::spin: I have only go the car just above 4500 rpms. I am going make sure all clamps are tight before I give it hell. It sure fells like more power. I tend to blow one IC hose each time I really get into boost.

Oh and also the turbo sounds so cool when it spools up it has the whine like a turbo diesel truck but much lower. the car is back in the new cleanup garage like always. I am back to working and will get to the brakes, and waxing it and go to the show in a few weeks. Oh and my AP is still working so far. I even got a revisions and loaded it up.

One set goes to plastic pipes then to turbo inlet. The other set goes to metal pipes and then the block.

I was more talking about the connections at the valve covers since they would be removed to change the gaskets. The diameters at the valve cover are different sizes so it really shouldn't happen but if it did, you would be pressurizing the intake and that could pop a hose off.

Gotcha, I'll check that when I get the car home. They replaced the hoses with generic bulk hose while the Subaru molded hoses are on order so I'll have a few days to check over the routing. I'm wondering if they put the rear hose on the front since it would actually fit, even old and hard.

hello past LGT kin. i added some fluids to the 4th gen and started trying to sort it out to sell it.

it's been a while since i've been here. for a bunch of various reasons (some valid and some not), the LGT has basically been sitting for a while. it still starts, still seems to run fine, but it's time for it to go. main issue right now is while sitting the brake line that runs down the passenger side has given way (found fluid leaking under the rear passenger side door) so it's not able to be moved.

general question, and feel free to tell me to bug off... but what are the value of these things these days? there's probably about 55k on the rebuilt engine and i think around 175k on the overall body, but i had a ton done to it over the years. i've attached my build sheet, it put down 311whp/333wtq on a mustang dyno, and i've attached the full list of mods i've ever done to it. not in the list mods is that the valve body for the 5EAT was modified by ClimberD (HexMods).

Known issues with the car:

• The A/C doesn't work
  • The seats in the interior are in the shape of a car from 2005, except the driver's side seat has a pretty good tear in the bolster. However, the entire carpet was replaced with black carpet when I had the car rebuilt in 2014
  • A wire is snipped on the Grimmspeed EBCS causing a CEL and limited boost, but I have a replacement EBCS on hand I just never installed
  • The rear driver's side door handle needs to be painted. There was a failure of the mechanism and I had it replaced, but the shop that replaced it wouldn't work with me to get it painted
  • The battery is toast but it jumps and runs when needed (I started it to test the brakes)

The car was PDR'd in 2014 and the exterior is in pretty good shape. The front bumper (JDM) could use a respray and it's got that typical fourth gen rust in front of the driver's side wheel well. I also have a ton of the stock parts hanging around and even some BNIB performance parts.

Anyone want to give a swag at what I could get for it? It's still in my possession since buying my Audi in 2017 because I wanted to move into a situation where I could garage the LGT and tinker with it, but life has just not gone in that direction. Honestly it probably needs some more work besides the brakes and the list above (tires, the wheels are in rough shape) so I'm not expecting top dollar.

I hope you all are well. It's good to see some familiar names still active in here.

Good luck with the sale, man. I'm sure that's a difficult decision given how much you've put into the car over the years. Wish I could help you with a ballpark value but I don't really know what the market is like these days. Your car was a fun build and will be a great starting point for someone looking for a project.

Swung by the shop to upload the base map and fire the car up for the first time this morning. Lip is on and looks ******* amazing, car just needs aligned now that it can move under it's own power. Also grabbed some S402 side sills from the auctions that need cleaned up. Going back on Friday to get idle & cruising logs.

3.1.thumb.jpg.3bf23d999411701907aa05fd043490c0.jpg

I need to upgrade to the facelift mirrors sooner than later. The blue from the grampus signals are a little too much for my liking with this front end. Debating about replicating the "silver" S402 side mirrors but have a feeling I'm going to end up keeping them color matched. Ordered a couple different emblem overlays for the front to see which I'll like better.

PS - if anyone knows any place that restores/customizes emblems please let me know. I have the S402 grill badge that's in pretty rough shape and I'd like to get it in tip top shape while also changing the old STI pink color to the new one that's red.

1.1.thumb.jpg.468162af07e942c4196dfde9c8bea2bd.jpg

2.1.thumb.jpg.25dcddc852bdd8882f72c5f32eec9ab6.jpg

Did you check your swaybar endlinks? Maybe they got loose?

Definitely not swaybars. Sound is periodic with speed of the car, at low speed it only occurs when steering is near full-lock. Haven't had time to do any further diagnosis, but to my ear and to a couple of the other guys in paddock, it sounded like CV axles on their way out.

Found pictures from my track night @ Thompson last month: https://www.clarusmultimedia.com/client-galleries/sports-193/motorsports/2022-scca-track-events---tnia-and-ttnt/05242022-tnia-thompson-speedway/?sub=a077ede1b08510b9ba6722c157ba9aea

Should also have some from Palmer last week at some point, too. These photogs really do a good job of making us novices look fast :lol:

Then, it's time for some axles from Raxles! $$$ but good stuff.

Raxles has the best out there, I love them, and they sent me a cool pocket knife. People be sleeping on Raxels axles, screw them cheap remans. Do it right the first time.

Then, it's time for some axles from Raxles! $$$ but good stuff.

Do they offer SpecB rear axles aka as 6MT conversion axles?

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K