LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

It's in the parts list thread: https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/can-madrig-cf-parts-thread-281616.html

Actually, I'm wrong, it's not listed there.

You can see one that Boxkita had in his for sale thread: https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/wa-boxkita-finally-selling-stuff-284893.html

If you wanted one, just need to reach out to Madrig to see when he might be able to make it for you.

Edited by Infosecdad

It took a few months, but finally have the '99 outback on the road again.

IMG_9403.thumb.jpg.2bfc8dd50f5c81aa64fb9e6884f96d00.jpg

Somehow have four wagons now...

Can barely move today as a result, but the garage is finally freed up so I can start suspension work on the wagons.

I now have 4 transmissions in my garage.

- '05 5mt w/ 200k (4.11)

- '05 5mt w/ 130k (4.44)

- '98 4eat Phase 1 w/ 60k (Subaru reman)

- '99 4eat Phase 2 non-functional

Anyone need a tranny? :spin:

Might see what scrap metal prices are running at, but hate to do that to functional transmissions (definitely the dead one though).

^Thank that image (apparently those aren't even shown on old posts when that function was working. I hope this is a step toward a forum upgrade rather than a slow death kind of thing)

My whiteline strut top hats are doing the clicking clunking knocking thing they like to do. Called customer support, and they'll likely send a replacement pair under warranty. He mentioned a new version was in R&D but understandably couldn't give specific details. I'm thinking if this set starts the clicking, I'll go oem with some camber bolts. I'll lose some caster, but I don't think that's the worst thing in the world considering my rear bushing already adds some.

Alsoooooo

gfgfgfgfgfgf.thumb.jpg.70d3f6b3f1cdd8f67e0bf7229437c0d1.jpg

Though at this point it's more like the glass and paint has done 250k. The engine, transmission, suspension and steering is all under 50k lol.

LOL Similar.

Multiple windshields here though.

Second motor rebuild in progress.

Contemplating sending the trans and diff over to a shop for refresh as well.

All the other peripherals are in good shape or replaced.

Going for +400K on this unit.

It took a few months, but finally have the '99 outback on the road again.

[ATTACH]296321[/ATTACH]

Somehow have four wagons now...

Can barely move today as a result, but the garage is finally freed up so I can start suspension work on the wagons.

I now have 4 transmissions in my garage.

- '05 5mt w/ 200k (4.11)

- '05 5mt w/ 130k (4.44)

- '98 4eat Phase 1 w/ 60k (Subaru reman)

- '99 4eat Phase 2 non-functional

Anyone need a tranny? :spin:

Might see what scrap metal prices are running at, but hate to do that to functional transmissions (definitely the dead one though).

Careful. Hoarding in progress :spin:

:lol:

Careful. Hoarding in progress :spin:

[emoji38]

True. I have quite a few parts stashed right now. Also, no one wants to buy a 5MT transmission (even at a cheap price). The LGT transmission used to be sought after for the gearing.

True. I have quite a few parts stashed right now. Also, no one wants to buy a 5MT transmission (even at a cheap price). The LGT transmission used to be sought after for the gearing.

If you can't sell one in Subaru country, no way I'll find people in West TN...

No more "Thanks" button? Or perhaps I ran out of my annual allocation. Either way, can't thank people's posts anymore. Edited by SubOperator
Typo

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

^ Thank that post

Patience! I was going to reach out the same day you posted to come and grab it from you. I've been trying to find what I need to make it work in the Outback since we have different gears in our MTs and diffs. This site has not been friendly towards me the last few weeks with searches/features. Still looking for a cut & dry answer. Sounds like I just need the diffs and tranny to make this happen safely? Help.

MILKRUN  - Click Here

^ Thank that post

Patience! I was going to reach out the same day you posted to come and grab it from you. I've been trying to find what I need to make it work in the Outback since we have different gears in our MTs and diffs. This site has not been friendly towards me the last few weeks with searches/features. Still looking for a cut & dry answer. Sounds like I just need the diffs and tranny to make this happen safely? Help.

I may have learned something new. I thought all 4th Gen Outbacks were 4.44 rear diff for the 5mt, but the 2.5i can have a 4.11 (like the LGT) according to http://www.cars101.com/subaru/outback/outback2006.html

If that's the case, then you should be able to use any 4th Gen LGT 5mt like his without needing to replace the rear diff as well.

Looks like the internal gear ratios are a little different, but that's fine as long as both are 4.11 final drive: http://rallispec.com/downloads/Transmission%20ID%20Chart_Public.pdf

Edited by Infosecdad

I happen to have a spare one of those 5mt's too... I have been thinking about selling it...

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

^ Thank that post

Here's the list of trannys and ratio's,

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/transmission-gear-ratios-and-final-drives-229267.html

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

This is wild :lol: this forum needs to hop on board with all the others. Whatever platform the toyota forums, subaruoutback.org forums, vwvortex forums are all on, this site should use too. Mods, other than PMing you, what can we do about this?

LOL!!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/site-getting-old-253489.html?t=253489