LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

Update on my car so far, the stinky smell that was fresh trans fluids was my sweaty front drive axles :lol:, So that is getting fixed. waiting to see what else needs to be fixed while it is there. Oh the list and price goes up lol.

I am looking at a supposed 50 extra HP extra on top of what I have not which is 315 to the wheels so 360 give or take. I was asking about the trans in the car, and we both just laughed :lol::lol:. He told me you better have your shifting down. The trans will hold it but no honda slam master J banging gears. That will never happen because it sits in the garage due to kids baseball games and and working a ton. So far I have about 5800 miles on the new build in about 3 years.

the plan will be to do a STI 6 speed with DCCD.

Damn near complete! Lip is getting refinished today and the last item is just waiting on plastic rivets to get delivered so the S402 wheel liner extensions can be attached to the new liners. Front end looks naked without the lip on.

2.thumb.jpg.7fad6abb098f89d12b3a214eb8655514.jpg

Tuner (ShinjiTuned) is working on the basemap and hopefully that'll be loaded up next week and we can start double checking for any leaks and other issues before starting to put the miles on.

1.thumb.jpg.36b988499d4b26f884a64cfec7a714a2.jpg

Looks great. Love the lights.

Many of us would thank or like your post, seeing that it is 2022 (and we should have that capability....) but we can't.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Damn near complete! Lip is getting refinished today and the last item is just waiting on plastic rivets to get delivered so the S402 wheel liner extensions can be attached to the new liners. Front end looks naked without the lip on.

[ATTACH]296374[/ATTACH][ATTACH]296375[/ATTACH]

Tuner (ShinjiTuned) is working on the basemap and hopefully that'll be loaded up next week and we can start double checking for any leaks and other issues before starting to put the miles on.

I have met Shinji many times, he is a great tuner, your in good hands. He has tuned so many subies in my area.

Drove the wagon today for the first time in 7 days. I did pull the Spec out of the garage last Friday to wash it, then put it back inside and waxed it. Washed and waxed the Outback to that day.

Then Sat. AM felt bad, like a summer cold, tested positive for covid. I'm fully vax'ed and double boosted, the GF is fine, tested negative. So, I've been lying low, just doing small projects around the house. Stopped taking Mucinex, and the Flonase the Nurse from my Dr's office recommended.

Last time I drove the wagon was when I came home last Thursday from being Grandpa daycare. Granddaughter has been fine.

Spent sometime thinking about what to do with both cars. I know the smart move would be to sell both and get something new. But, that's hard to do once I drive them, especially the wagon. It's such fun to see the tach hit 7000rpm and hear the tires chirp when I shift to 2nd gear. Today's drive was over to check on a buddies house a couple of miles away while he's away visiting family. I didn't go anywhere else.

Still not sure if selling the Spec B is an option, it's much different to drive than the wagon. Just not as much fun, but nice for the Saturday night dinner with GF.

The wagon is close to 304,000 miles, Spec is close to 100,000 miles. 18' Outback 3.6R has 26,500 miles.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Spent sometime thinking about what to do with both cars. I know the smart move would be to sell both and get something new. But, that's hard to do once I drive them, especially the wagon. It's such fun to see the tach hit 7000rpm and :eek:.

I am so scared to do this :lol: My trans will take a Sh&t lol

I am so scared to do this :lol: My trans will take a Sh&t lol

Mine does have Moore Performance Blast Plates, But I have been doing that for over 17 years in the car.

I have found the car runs out of MAP at 7300rpm. Again, I use Amsoil 5w-40 Full SAPS. Even after sitting for the week, on start up, there was no piston or bearing noise. The car started like it does most every time, 3 cranks and idle.

Edited by Max Capacity

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Looks great. Love the lights.

Many of us would thank or like your post, seeing that it is 2022 (and we should have that capability....) but we can't.

Thanks and yea what's up with that? I noticed they went away like a week or two ago. Miss the ability to passively approve of other's posts.

I have met Shinji many times, he is a great tuner, your in good hands. He has tuned so many subies in my area.

Oh yeah, he's a good dude! He dyno tuned the wagon for me back in 2020 to get away from the Cobb OTS Stg2 map....so much better. I'm gonna have him tune my '18 330i wagon once I get that down pipe installed.

Hi y’all!! Just did oil change and refreshed the rear brakes. Feels good!! Also I came across a local ad for a Prova D shaped alcantara steering wheel but for an 08-14 STI. Would it be a straight swap?? I can’t seem to find any compatibilty charts/discussions. Thx in advance!

[ATTACH]296374[/ATTACH][ATTACH]296375[/ATTACH]

Hey bud, can you by chance share some info on those wheel liner extensions? I got a pair of fenders, was wondering what I'd need to get them good to go.

I was out and usually I could get it at Walmart or Autozone, but no bueno for the last couple of months.

I guess this is налог Путина as they say.

LGT does not get much mileage these days but I still want to have some oil readily available for it.

Edited by SubOperator

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

I have not seen T6 local or online lately. Ended up with STP this time after using T6 for years in everything I own except the new truck. That gets PUP. Crazy times we are in(for).

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Got a Golden retriever puppy about a month ago, does anyone have a decent experience with a cargo area dog divider? Oem or otherwise?

The OEM wagon versions work well. Plenty of customers had them in Outbacks.

Thanks. Granted he's only 16 weeks, he's barfed 2 of the 3 times I've had him in the car. He's getting a bit big to comfortably ride in the front seat, and I'm thinking he might do better in the back. Or rather my center console will do better with him in the back.

I got message my car is done, going to pick it up tomorrow, The tuner at the shop is joking with me I think, I asked him if the care made at least 15 more ponies and he said "what did you make before like 260 lol" :eek:

I replied back "No 314 to the wheels, hope I didn't go down in power hahaah":lol:

He did say that If I wanted to make more power then I would need to go E85, which I will not go that direction. I will move to a GTR and keep the legacy. I will post back when I get some number I made.