LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

^ This is awesome! Is this going to work on 08 LGT/OBXT?

I believe the answer will eventually be "yes." I haven't spent the time looking at porting MerpMod/aijmod to anything besides my own ECU (CALID: A2UI001L) and awfulwaffle's ECU (CALID: A2WC522N), but from all of the ROM's I've looked at, it looks like it should be compatible once everything is ported over.

aijii's working on integrating some CAN-bus hacks originally developed by ej_rey to allow very flexible and direct CAN communication with the ECU (bypassing SSM entirely), including integrating external sensors to be used by the ECU (e.g. integrating an ethanol content sensor to be used by fueling routines in the ECU instead of tapping in to TGV/MAF/O2 sensor inputs). As with all the open-source stuff, development's all done in our spare time, so progress is very slow.

Yeah talking about these... There is one thick one which goes in the front, I think, since the bolts are long enough for the longer bushing sleeves. But I'm not sure if it goes on or top or the bottom. Logically I feel like it should be on the bottom. 4bb51dcf4e1bce9dde2654dc193fe6cb.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

With all your knowledge, you can figure it out, don't worry. Just be mind full of how the crossmember is taken apart. its easy once you see it.

I had no problem using these.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Latest and greatest: I had to change my front left Brembo. Due to thermal cycling, the seal on the caliper pooped the bed and out went all my brake fluid. I got a Rock Auto reman. So far so good. Brake pedal pressure is good. Also looking into getting the rear bumper stuff for the facelift. Does anybody know off hand what parts are needed to swap? Obligatory green caliper photo.

Wait, why didn't you just rebuild w/ new seals?

With all your knowledge, you can figure it out, don't worry. Just be mind full of how the crossmember is taken apart. its easy once you see it.

I had no problem using these.

Oh that's not my issue... The problem is I don't have it setup with the factory bushings to replicate. It came with 4 poly thin ones in it when I took the car apart. Just trying to figure out the appropriate location for the thicker one without getting under my 07. ;)

I was just going to say to use parts.subaru.com for diagrams but Underdog beat me to it. I had to do the same thing when I refreshed the bushings for my 6MT swap.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Yeah to be honest I looked at the 06 service manual and didn't see any good diagrams for it... I guess I was just tired of looking at parts diagrams since it typically results in a $100+ parts order so I didn't even think to see what that exploded view was... LMAO

Thanks again tho.

I believe the answer will eventually be "yes." I haven't spent the time looking at porting MerpMod/aijmod to anything besides my own ECU (CALID: A2UI001L) and awfulwaffle's ECU (CALID: A2WC522N), but from all of the ROM's I've looked at, it looks like it should be compatible once everything is ported over.

aijii's working on integrating some CAN-bus hacks originally developed by ej_rey to allow very flexible and direct CAN communication with the ECU (bypassing SSM entirely), including integrating external sensors to be used by the ECU (e.g. integrating an ethanol content sensor to be used by fueling routines in the ECU instead of tapping in to TGV/MAF/O2 sensor inputs). As with all the open-source stuff, development's all done in our spare time, so progress is very slow.

Will this live tuning work with the 05/06 too?

Alrighty fellas, I recorded video/sound clip of my transmission whining that i was concerned about. It's been almost 1 year since I driven it and driving my super quiet daily honda accord so all these sounds are new to me again hahaha. Send it? Normal sounds? It's got that supercharger whine. Thanks for your input bros! I definitely will keep the car for now because I still love her enough lol.

New transmission fluid and drained a little bit and the magnet looks good! Smooth shifts and engages like I remember. Fresh oil change. Shes happy again?

Whiny 5 speed subie transmission or normal NVH

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

Alrighty fellas, I recorded video/sound clip of my transmission whining that i was concerned about. It's been almost 1 year since I driven it and driving my super quiet daily honda accord so all these sounds are new to me again hahaha. Send it? Normal sounds? It's got that supercharger whine. Thanks for your input bros! I definitely will keep the car for now because I still love her enough lol.

New transmission fluid and drained a little bit and the magnet looks good! Smooth shifts and engages like I remember. Fresh oil change. Shes happy again?

Whiny 5 speed subie transmission or normal NVH

My second gear whines like that. It hasn't popped out of gear on me ever but I've only driven the car about 4000-km in the last year since I bought it. I assume there is some damage to the gears from a hard shift that partially unmeshed them (case flex) but there is no banging or popping so I assume it will hold indefinitely without additional abuse.

My 5MT did not sound like that but 2nd gear in my 6MT does. Is this every gear for you?

I wouldn't worry about it too much, especially since you don't DD the car.

I've only driven it around the block up to 2nd gear in my gated community since I cancelled registration/insurance and wasnt sure if I was going to have to push it back in garage lol. I know I am crazy but I know that it is definitely louder than the NVH I was used to hearing lol. It's been time for 6 speed and I have funding for it along with building the block but it's a tough call. I just had sti steering rack recently installed and spec b interior that is partially in along with a long long long list of nice parts. I'm considering getting a cherry picker and stand to do next phase and finish her but it's a rough decision to make and with 141k she tired lol.

Thanks for all your input. Might register this spring and see how she does.

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

Haven't actually touched the wagon since closing on the new home in November, but started lining up parts for the next batch of projects once the weather starts to warm up. (envious of everyone with a garage)

• Madrig sub bracket
  • Madrig extended scoop
  • JDM rear bumper
  • Finishing cleaning up my SpecB rear suspension bits to get installed
  • STI master cylinder and booster
  • New OEM engine mounts - passenger side is wasted
  • Debating whether or not to get an IAG oil pan/pickup/baffle combo. Current pan has a concerning dent in the center from hitting I-don't-what on its last drive. Literally on the way to park it at the new house I hit something in the road. Haven't driven it since. No leaks though *fingers still crossed*

Edited by DadBod

Was boxkita running a 6spd on his race wagon? Maybe one of the race people know because all I've ever found online about the blast plates is "so and so is pushing 750hp with them" "butterfly cases flex" and "they don't do anything there's no way they could make a significant difference to any theoretical flex in the case design"

Never really found solid info on them either. Likely because most people racing just move to a 6spd and most people on the street don't run that much torque.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6mt don't have case flex issues. Race wagon has a 2007 jdm forester sti 6mt with external trans pump. Short of a custom ZF or dog gear 6mt, its the best "oem" 6mt.

5mt is rumored to have case flex issues in certain conditions. I pulled apart a 5mt to see why. The ribs inside a 5mt do not fully surround the cradle holding the gear shafts nor the front diff. My street wagon destroyed its gears twice due to shifting under heavy load. Pausing in the transition from gear to gear (emulating double-clutching without actually doing it) eliminated further damage.

The blast plates (i never seen a set in person) appear to put pressure on the case in the areas where swelling could occur due to ribbing not existing inside the case. Keep in mind, the bolts holding the blast plates in place are the same length and torque as the oem bolts. Also should be noted, if putting on blast plates causes a change in gear engagement, you might be abusing the transmission. The 5mt was not designed for 750hp or 500hp or etc.

Not an engineer. ymmv. 6mt are much less money today than when the blast plates first debuted. A 6mt is the right solution.