LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

They had my car 2 days for the airbag recall. Had to wait a week as well. They also informed me the dash did not need to come off so the driver-side temp actuator replacement will have to wait until I'm feeling ambitious enough to remove the dash myself.

On another note - bought a Killer B Holy Header with the EWG up-pipe setup. First big step towards power gains (FP Blue, EWG & new DP to follow later). Now my dilemma is whether I try to send this setup through the stock 5EAT and see what happens or install the IPT built trans before taking the plunge :spin:

I just passed 140k on my 2005 LGT 5MT Ltd. I am still enchanted with this car and hate the thought of giving it up. I haven't had any major problems with it thus far, apart from replacing some downpipes and sensors to keep the CELs at bay.

As an apartment dweller with zero access to a DIY garage, am I nuts for fantasizing that there might be shops in the Northeast who can revitalize these?

I realize I have a bird-in-the-hand, and maybe I should just enjoy it and consider getting it rebuilt only once something major actually gives out.

Thank you both, Nonamedude and solidxsnake I'm in NJ, so I'll check out the COBB shops unless anyone has a particular provider to recommend. No signs, yet of turbo wear, but a new upgrade would reset the clock on that particular component, at least.

Thank you both, Nonamedude and solidxsnake I'm in NJ, so I'll check out the COBB shops unless anyone has a particular provider to recommend. No signs, yet of turbo wear, but a new upgrade would reset the clock on that particular component, at least.

Can't recommend a shop but maybe someone local can.

Yea if you've got the basics, catless up pipe, stage 0 tune, banjo bolt filters removed, you should be able to go a long while. Then it's just basic maintenance. I definitely replaced a lot of stuff in my short block replacement that likely didn't need it but it's nice to know that my turbo isn't going to shred itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZP Installs has a great reputation and was a frequent contributor to this forum. I just went to a track day they organized two weeks ago. They are an authorized Cobb dealer.

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

Isn't Underdog's house/shop up that way? I'd drop my car off with him if I needed anything worked on.

Also, a used oil analysis with Blackstone is a solid idea if you're on the fence about putting money into a car. Compression test too.

Quite a few decent shops in the MA/CT/NJ area.

What are your recommended shops? I been doing small tinkering here and there with the wish of getting a lift one day but would like someone with more Subaru experience to take a look.

Enhanced Street Performance in Sterling, MA did my VF-52 and DP, it’s been working great for almost 10 years now. Mike at Tuning Alliance also tuned my car on their Dyno at the same time. I’m going on over 9 years, 75k with zero issues with the motor or tune.

Enhanced Street Performance in Sterling, MA did my VF-52 and DP, it’s been working great for almost 10 years now. Mike at Tuning Alliance also tuned my car on their Dyno at the same time. I’m going on over 9 years, 75k with zero issues with the motor or tune.

That sounds a lot like my story.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Ugh, car was dead this morning.

Found out that the nice JDM covers hide things like bad battery connectors :lol:

Ground is broken :spin: and positive was pretty corroded.

Got them working for now, time for new wire terminals.

Kind of the reason I removed mine years ago. I want to see whats going on under the hood.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

What are your recommended shops? I been doing small tinkering here and there with the wish of getting a lift one day but would like someone with more Subaru experience to take a look.

I legitimately typed ESP in Sterling in my last reply before removing it and making it a short reply. The owner Dave also has an 05-09 LGT wagon/OBXT from my memory, and overall they're all great guys. I had my LGT dyno tuned at that shop by Mike @ TA as well several years back.

So yeah, another +1 for ESP. Motive was also a great Subie shop, but their owner has moved to FL. I'm sure they still do good work, but it's probably not the same as it once was (sigmafour could comment more).

Ugh, car was dead this morning.

Found out that the nice JDM covers hide things like bad battery connectors [emoji38]

Ground is broken :spin: and positive was pretty corroded.

Got them working for now, time for new wire terminals.

CE auto electric supply. Custom cables, high quality, good prices.

Isn't Underdog's house/shop up that way? I'd drop my car off with him if I needed anything worked on.

Also, a used oil analysis with Blackstone is a solid idea if you're on the fence about putting money into a car. Compression test too.

Is Underdog working on cars again? Last we spoke (a few years ago) he had been taking a step back. He basically rebuilt / reconditioned my entire car in 2014. I'd work with him again in a heartbeat.

My first post here in ages. Moved to way northern Norway for 4 months for work and stepped away from a lot of the internet. I literally have just read through this thread catching up on the months in my spare time since getting back.

The LGT still lives though continues to be parked / occasionally driven at my parents' place. Been considering buying a house lately and getting out of apartment life, and all that's on my mind is a 2 car garage (nominally) to park my DD pig allroad and the other stall to bring the LGT back to life by doing the work myself. It's still running, but I think all of the sitting is getting to it. Revitalizing it will be a task.

Still loving the allroad... couldn't pass up a steal of a deal and upgraded to a K04 turbo from the stock K03 turbo when my buddy decided he wanted to put an RS5 V8 in his allroad and sell me his leftovers. Upgraded turbo, bigger FMIC, and high flow cat was all that was necessary, plus a pretty much OTS tune from APR. It's probably up in the 340+whp range and pulls like a train above 4000 RPM. These 2.0 engines can put out some juice. Having driven the car completely stock power-wise for 3 years, wow it's a change. Makes me want to drive the LGT again. Also threw in an S4 interior and did not realize what I was missing out on with proper seat bolstering.

Anyway, glad to see this place still running strong. Reading all the work many of you do yourselves is nothing short of impressive.

Kind of the reason I removed mine years ago. I want to see whats going on under the hood.

Same here. Too much work to remove them every time I want to make sure battery is clean.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

I am slowly getting back to LGT, with move to a new house and sale of the old house it's been a total chaos. Still don't know where my car tools are.

Scheduled second Takata recall for the 23rd. Dealer will also check filler neck, gas smell from the right rear wheel well is coming more often.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

@Max Capacity. Do you still have the jdm battery cover? I found the cover for the power steering but couldn’t find the one for the battery. Later I found both together but don’t want to pay $150. Let me know if you’re seling it. Thx Edited by luckybullitt
Edit

Same here. Too much work to remove them every time I want to make sure battery is clean.

Cleaning up things in the basement yesterday, I found the Spec's engine cover and it's tmic along with a few other odd pieces.

I still like opening the hood and being able to quickly see everything.