LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

^ Dang' date=' that looks good! What turbo is it going to feed? Hope it's big because they look like pretty big pipes. Like Dom3/GT30 sized.[/quote']They aren't as big as they appear. No new turbo as I only have a stock ra shortblock although I'd love a Dom 1.5XTR. I just have a VF52 with billet compressor wheel.

taking your wagon to the track pretty much guarantees something is going to break every time. You could be the lucky one who doesn't have issues, but historically silver wagons break down on track more than any other color.

Well, at the rate I'm going these days, it'll be another year before I go again. Plenty of time for the car to break off the track.

I assume you're saying silver wagons break down more because there's just more silver wagons than other colors?

taking your wagon to the track pretty much guarantees something is going to break every time. You could be the lucky one who doesn't have issues, but historically silver wagons break down on track more than any other color.

Well that's bad news. Idk I consider my quartz silver metallic to be more grey. Maybe I'll paint it sooner lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huh... looks like it's time for a couple new front axles.

They have 210k on them, green cups, and no records from the previous owner related to replacements and I haven't; so I think they are still original.

Nice line of grease on my downpipe

IMG_7621.thumb.JPG.ecf61a9a1675c9880800dfe56e399d55.JPG

The outer part of the passenger side boot is split

IMG_7623.thumb.JPG.61903f19a89fb81b1de353783813218d.JPG

Grease on the chassis behind the driver's side inner boot

IMG_7622.thumb.JPG.0f71d6fb3d01a4871603cd327bf14a29.JPG

Not to mention I have a lovely vibration and the lateral play on both axles is pretty large and enough to clunk back and forth.

In theory I could pull them and try to reboot, but I don't have the time to try and not have it work.

So after some research I decided to go with a pair of Raxles for the front.

They are more expensive than other aftermarket, but still cheaper than OEM.

I don't want to have to do this again (maybe ever), so I'm willing to pay to have it done well once and have a lifetime warranty.

CVJ axles services our axles, great experience with them myself. CVJ part number 8101 - around $120 for OEM rebuilt with shipping I believe.

Have you added that link to JmP's sticky ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

No sir, but have now

Decided to jump right into that paint project before installing my 08 setup yesterday. Started with a fender, lots of sand and primer, more sand and base coat next.

610852648_Screenshot_20200826-1122495.thumb.png.07e718b575968d343ab4aa9297c044d1.png

Edited by BoozeRS05

No sir, but have now

Decided to jump right into that paint project before installing my 08 setup yesterday. Started with a fender, lots of sand and primer, more sand and base coat next.

Are you doing a garage paint job or do you have access to pro equipment?

I'm just winging it in the driveway/garage, using aerosol paint off the shelf, and following some YT vids. Trying my best to not make it look terrible.

My wagon has paid for itself like 3x over, neither of us owe each other anything anymore. Where I used to obsess over things, I'm all for experimenting with it now.

No sir, but have now

I already got a reply from CVJ axles. I'd have to ship my Spec B axle to them as they don't have one in stock. 1-2 day turnaround.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

No sir, but have now

That's awesome! I've used paint matched rattle cans in the past for smaller, curvier parts before, like a front lip, and a rear WRX wing. They turned out great! But I need to do the hood on my other car, and I am skeptical about doing such a large flat surface. Let us know how your fender turns out!

Most of us just take the short cut and change the oil without removing the rear sway bar. In fact it doesn't need to be removed to do a lot of repair and maintenance tasks on these cars.

Except the cabin filter on the 05s. It needs to come off for that.

Dang, all these years I've been doing it wrong! That's why it was taking me just 15 minutes to do the filter.

/s

Speaking of rear sway bars... I've moved to a new home and moved a lot of parts in the new garage. That includes A LOT of stock parts that were taken from the wagon, and put away. Including stock FSB and RSB, stock suspension, stock DP, stock UP (05 with cat in, baby!), side skirts, etc... I'll keep the stock calipers I replaced in search of solution for front end shimmy. Need space and even a shed will not solve the space issue as I am still keeping the 5MT with diff and drive shaft that came off my car after 6MT swap - in case the 05 OB has issues with its 5MT I could easily swap that LGT tranny in the OB.

But the rest of them - idk if I will ever need parts that were sitting for 10-12 years...

Now my middle one bought a Miata NA and that came with it's own pile of stock parts that honestly I don't see ever going back on that car.

Do you guys keep your stock unused parts? My car is never going back to stock to I am at a turning point.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

I kept wanting to but no storage. On top of that I'm mostly replacing stuff no one would ever want. Stock rsb? 100k mile stock pulley? Coroded outback front brakes?

I still need to trash the stick under shield. It's too big to ship and not worth anything anyway.

I had to give away 4 LGT doors simply because there were no room for me to store them in the new home. Texted a local Subaru enthusiast and he was able to pick them up.

If I had a big enough storage or a barn I'd keep it all, but I have to face a reality. Probably will do a FS/Free tread in FS forum and list them with cutoff date.

Thanks guys.

Do you guys keep your stock unused parts? My car is never going back to stock to I am at a turning point.

Depends on the car. Legacy no, to far in on it. S2000 yes, just in case the unthinkable happens and I have to sell it and revert it back to stock to try and get top dollar.

Doesn't look so simple for a 10 WRX cloth seat with heat, but without power slide.. Tried a quick mock up just now and number of things didn't match up. Will need to take a closer look when I have more time.

Did a pretty average job with my first fender base coat, might need to sand down and start over. Second fender I'm already learning, looks much better so far and why I might need to redo the first one.

Edited by BoozeRS05