LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 5th gen today?? -V4

Upgraded my factory nav to a Kenwood DDX6706..monumental upgrade

As a side project i had my laminx installed..I'm thinking i need to go darker (fyi at night she is black)

c476c848a4a50ed22b40d9c9984486a1.jpga73302b62ee13c73cbed05a4994e6012.jpg5b9cddc65da40740d2703e801d564cac.jpg6e444a3abcbe9d542f2e5cfe217bc9c3.jpg

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Uh..there's a baby alien facehugger on the dash. :eek:

Upgraded my factory nav to a Kenwood DDX6706..monumental upgrade

As a side project i had my laminx installed..I'm thinking i need to go darker (fyi at night she is black)

a73302b62ee13c73cbed05a4994e6012.jpg...

I think you’re the first on here to replace the USDM factory nav with this kit. It’s great to know we’ve got options when the factory system craps out.

When you have a moment please make a thread about any wiring issues and whether the steering wheel controls still work, center console usb and aux port, clock buttons, etc. Thanks!

I think you’re the first on here to replace the USDM factory nav with this kit. It’s great to know we’ve got options when the factory system craps out.

When you have a moment please make a thread about any wiring issues and whether the steering wheel controls still work, center console usb and aux port, clock buttons, etc. Thanks!

Honestly there isn't much to write

Literally was like it could have come from factory.

Steering wheel controls work flawlessly including a usable speaker button

The android auto/car play plugs into the factory multimedia hub in the console

Backup camera tied right in (some might need a step down converter for 6V)

The upper clock is no longer controlled by the nav, just push the buttons to set the time

The kit pieces i used are as follows:

Metra 95-8910s - double din for Subaru with factory navigation

70-7553 - harness for use with the H/K system

40-SB10-18 - antenna replacement

Idatalink maestro HRN-RR-SU1 - retain steering controls and functionality

1 12 -6V step down camera converter

1 - auxiliary satellite radio receiver (if you choose to keep it)

Your choice of head unit: i picked the Kenwood DDX6706S...its not even on their website yet

Golferdude, if you are installing yourself I would be interested to see the specifics of the Idata module programming, for the price of a decent headunit it would be worth upgrading at this point for me.

My daughter keeps telling me I need a new car because I don't have a backup camera, lol.

Golferdude, if you are installing yourself I would be interested to see the specifics of the Idata module programming, for the price of a decent headunit it would be worth upgrading at this point for me.

My daughter keeps telling me I need a new car because I don't have a backup camera, lol.

I had a shop do it but I'm willing to share the receipt Which breaks it down and i can include the prices I can get

PM me

Fairly successful day at the salvage yard. The car was mostly there. Engine gone and a few other parts, airbag, and a few trim pieces here and there. I got the silver trim, I am going to wrap it or paint it, since it looks a bit rough. Got the steering wheel minus airbag and the subaru visors. And a few odds and ends. Sun load sensor and the tow hook cover. If anyone needs those pieces let me know. The car was DGM I believe. I will check the sun sensor in my car to make sure it works. I couldn't get the shifter out because of a rusted stud underneath, I dont believe it was the short shifter though.f35de37a39d30a5bf0c539b40c817960.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Pics of the suns sensor and tow hook cover. Just cover shipping and they are yours. As luck would have it, when i pulled my airbag to check the junkyard steering wheel controls, mine magically started working again so I jiggled the wires around really good and made sure the connection was nice and tight. Is the issue something in the roll connector? Maybe it needs some pressure on it to keep the connections tight. In any case, both sets of controls are currently working, I was considering sending the salvage steering wheel off for a cover, or having someone local do a nice one, since my car doesn't have an easy sti swap.

03557770c9158ad18e3abbc729db07c8.jpg

Edited by FLlegacy

Took advantage of some decent weather to finally vac and clean the interior. Have a nice 4.5HP Rigid Vac w/ auto tools, used Griot's interior cleaner for most parts, Armour All for floor board and trunk components, and Eagle glass cleaner on windows. Don't have the hose running water yet for the spring, so I had to clean the mats via hand. Also won't have a cleaned up exterior pic for a few weeks until temps stay above 40. Still some visible dirt circles from the Turtle upholstery cleaner I was using to scrub out some grime, but all in all it looks pretty good for 165k miles! Will end up renting a rug doctor this spring to do a solid shampooing, but it already smells 10x better. No before photos, but imagine women's long hair across the floor, dog hair embedded into the seats/crevices, and the occasional food/drink spill :spin: Also in the market for a new center console armrest.. doggo put some claw marks in this one.

46453125795_18aabe059e_k.jpg46453125995_8a473933f1_k.jpg46453125935_c7de560d14_k.jpg

46453125865_1bd44f1bb8_k.jpg46644845454_4e0dd65b7c_k.jpg

Since you have a shop vac, I would just scrub it down with dawn water and a soft brush then vacuum it up. I have had good results using that method. I have tried a steam cleaner and it didnt work nearly as well. I dont know about a shampoo machine. Just be aware the front seats have occupant sensors in them.

Took it through the drive thru car wash, then wiped it down at home. Need to get some decent pics outta the tight driveway. I'm going to give my best effort to fix 2 nickle and quarter sized dings and touch up a few larger/deeper scratches this spring, followed by a 3 step paint restore/waxing. But there are SO MANY chips/swirls/clear coat etching marks. It used to just be the hood mostly and some dullness where I sanded off some white paint caused by a parking garage beam that jumped out at my wife. Has me thinking to throw a Vinyl Wrap on it before the fall if I can find a good deal on install.. thinking Matte Black :D. Also forgot the tire shine. It looked good while I was asleep last night, but of course this first pollen dusting of the year decided to visit this morning.

40421059003_fbd3cfaa55_k.jpg

47333725532_8613034e66_k.jpg47386561001_7c26b6441f_k.jpg

Our etune special is live on the website, I know some of you guys only log onto the site to keep up with this thread and didnt want you to miss out.

Thanks for the support!

Dave

tax-return-sale-new.jpg.8303d01621b0ca0e49d3e7137b5f4a8e.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

Adjust all (4) tire psi. The TPMS won't reset itself (driving over 44 miles). TPMS just flash a few times then stay on.

Found a missing 30a fuse in slot 27 for the window relay at the instrument panel. This is probably why I had to keep re-syncing the windows?

Edited by amusa

8975a1e2ff4193241e9ea4646e3532fc.jpg

Finally warm enough outside so l changed my plugs. Bought the car with 15k, now at 90k. Yikes, long over due.... Contrary to popular belief, it was not really a PITA But I don’t have super large hands either.. FYI I didn’t jack up the engine either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm working with a tuner and shop on my turbo/injectors install and tune, and they seem to think that DW1000cc injectors don't flow 1000cc. Have you guys heard this sort of thing before?

This sort of thing seems crazy too me. Like, are you telling me that DW is faking their flow tests and then sending these things out. I have a hard time believing this.