LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 5th gen today?? -V4

do you have a pic of the standard legacy shifter?

I remember having my stock shifter and Legacy STI STS accessory together and not noticing much of difference between them, to the point that I didn't want to get them mixed up so I wouldn't get confused between them. (I installed the STI STS shifter pretty early into my ownership, so original one still looked nearly new)

Good pictures. So the distance between the pivot ball and linkage is the same?

It's a little longer. The first pic of the mechanism kinda shows it better. Also, as ones have mentioned before, the top of the stick is a little shorter as well. I can't really tell the height difference when driving though.

I took a 3rd and 4th gear WOT log today to see what difference the TGV deletes and STI exhaust cams make without getting re tuned... and Gteaser was correct, no difference at all. Both runs were within 3%. Not even worth posting IMO.

I took a 3rd and 4th gear WOT log today to see what difference the TGV deletes and STI exhaust cams make without getting re tuned... and Gteaser was correct, no difference at all. Both runs were within 3%. Not even worth posting IMO.

The great thing is that you are getting to have data on all this. Most people I know put the parts on then got tuned right away so info on just the effect of a part(s) install only never is known.

Agreed.

Say, can you give me some insight into your preference between the 20G and 18G? Since my exhaust cams shouldn't limit me at that level I'm torn between the two. You dyno on Cobb's website seems to show that your 20G reached 325 torque only ~200rpm after the 18G.

What's that like driving around town? Like, how different is it if you're not getting on it?

When do you notice the difference most?

Is the top end very noticeable?

I think you've said before that you prefer the 18G. Anything you can tell me about the differences would be greatly appreciated.

(I'm going to go read the Power Roadblocks and Solutions thread for the nth time...)

I can only give you comparisons without the corn, cams, FMIC, and deletes. The 18 is more "instant" feel to the top. I enjoyed the pull much better. I do not spend much time driving in the area that the 20g would be better in my normal driving routines. "Peppier" would be a great word. When it came to deciding on which to go with in the full build - I went with the 18 simply because of the area of the power band I drive in mostly. I am looking forward to Stu's build as he has my 20g and prob identical engine mods. The cams and deletes really helped the 18 in whp numbers and that is felt in 5th and 6th gear - so interstate driving got to be more enjoyable. I just was worried that I'd be sacrificing that bottom "fun" again if I stayed with the 20 and regret would always be there. What would be wonderful - and I'm dying to do - is to hook up with Stu when his car is all together and drive them back to back.

But, to be honest, that 18 on corn is nuts. no reason at all to downshift at 5th gear. It pulls like 2nd and that flips most of the SRTs out. :)

Will I be the first to try the HTA71 in our cars? I hope it spools good on gas as I'm sure it will on corn.

We'll have to meet halfway between Texas and WI to test drive all 3 back to back. We have been looking to go to Nashville again anyway...:)

Stewdogg: When will yours be up and running? I can't wait to hear your impressions.

Islandborn: THANK YOU! That is exactly the kind of feedback that I was hoping for. I do like my lower RPM fun around the city, I'm just thinking about how I'd like some more higher up. Flex fuel is something I'm interested in, but I'm sort of waffling between doing that first or upgrading the turbo, or saying screw it and doing everything. But then again I don't really want to blow my engine next week...

We'll have to meet halfway between Texas and WI to test drive all 3 back to back. We have been looking to go to Nashville again anyway...:)

Seeing 3 GT's cruising Music Row would certainly top what we saw on our last trip there.

85889697_NashvilleBandits.thumb.jpg.a0ab4bd7531f0c1d9cb17ec3ed0dd041.jpg

Stewdogg: When will yours be up and running? I can't wait to hear your impressions.

The block went to the machine shop this week and I was told I was first in line, so I hope that means it will get to the builder next week. I have a couple Saturday's after that to put it together and get it in the car. I'm hoping I can start it the 20th or 27th of this month and start the break in period.

I guess it also hinges on getting my turbo back from BNR as well.

Seeing 3 GT's cruising Music Row would certainly top what we saw on our last trip there.

I don't know if you can top a Smokey and the Bandit Trans Am, especially more than one. When was that pic from?

Good luck with that. I'm at about 6 weeks and nothing but crickets....

Damn, that sucks!

He said they had the tooling set up for that turbo right now and they were to go to the machine shop while he was on vacation last week. I'll call him at the end of next week if I don't hear anything by then and see how long the backlog is.

Are you waiting on an 18g?

Damn, that sucks!

He said they had the tooling set up for that turbo right now and they were to go to the machine shop while he was on vacation last week. I'll call him at the end of next week if I don't hear anything by then and see how long the backlog is.

Are you waiting on an 18g?

No, was originally going to go with a hta68 but tuner thinks its a bad idea without a built engine. Now, I'm going to try a 16g.

Installed the WRX short throw shifter tonight. You can tell the biggest difference from 2-3, and 3-4. Also, side to side is much tighter.

So, after driving with the new shifter for a few days, I gotta say, besides the AP, this has been the best upgrade hands down. This should have been the factory setup.

I made a decision today, it will either be awesome or terrible, lol.775be22b2c8e1a3511daa8f1277c92b9.jpg

Also cleaned these up for a tentative install on Tuesday.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

f370d9f5150a166110497533b116fdf4.jpg

Edited by FLlegacy

Changed the O2 sensor, went with the denso brand for about a hundred bucks.. P0420 code came back today and Im pissed! CAT was just replaced last summer with 40k miles on it. Only thing I haven't replaced is the A/F ratio sensor (Bank 0 sensor)...