LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 5th gen today?? -V4

12 hours ago, Falcor said:

There are a handful of things you can do to make the shifting crisper. Mine has been modified for years, but I do remember initially it was not the best. 

I have a shift stop, brass cable bushing, and short throw adapter (modified OEM). There's no cure for feel of the DBW + manual trans though. This is my first car with that combo and it's a horrific thing.

Edited by Plastixx

Got my car back today. Clutch feels waaaay better than it did before. There was hardly any wear on the old parts other than the demolished fork. You can still see the factory machining marks on the pressure plate and flywheel. There's a strange band of clutch material on the flywheel, but it comes off easily with a carbide scraper. I think they could have been reused, but the shop never even gave me the option or let me know their condition. It has an OEM dual-mass flywheel in it now. Honestly, I like it better than the solid it replaced.

They also replaced the front subframe. I did some repairs on it last fall, but never finished. There was still a section I knew wouldn't pass inspection and I just didn't have it in me to get it done before the end of the month.

Total damage: $3900 😭

Also put a new front bumper cover on today (snow bank incident), new chinesium blacked out headlights with clears side markers/turn signals, and new budget LED fogs that I covered with yellow VViVid Air-Tint. Forgot to get a pic.

clutch.jpg

fork.jpg

• Like 5

On 4/25/2024 at 7:50 AM, Falcor said:

Nothing done to the car, but checked up on the catalytic converter I have been waiting on for 2 months. 😐

Update, they actually answered the phone yesterday and the guy was surprised the order was 2 months old. Said he would check on it and call me back. He never called back. 😑

I'm canceling the order on Monday. This is unacceptable.

Edited by Falcor

26 minutes ago, Falcor said:

This is why I replaced my fork with a forged one. Way overkill for my application, but gave me peace of mind.

I would have, but didn't have time to order one. Realistically though, this car will probably be in the scrap yard before it becomes an issue again anyway.

Edit: Attached pic of car. Bumper paint isn't a 100% match, but can't complain for $350 painted and shipped. A local shop would want at least that much just for paint.

leggy.jpg

Edited by Plastixx
  • Like 4

24 minutes ago, Falcor said:

Update, they actually answered the phone yesterday and the guy was surprised the order was 2 months old. Said he would check on it and call me back. He never called back. 😑

That's a bummer, but I would definitely cancel.

On 4/27/2024 at 10:15 AM, Falcor said:

Update:

I called Monday and canceled the order. They said they were probably waiting on the flange to arrive and the cat hadn't been welded up yet. At this point I didn't care and was going to order one from Magnaflow since they were back in stock.

While waiting for the funds to be put back on my CC I get a phone call today and was told the cat just arrived from the factory and was ready to go. They had not canceled the order yet and wanted to know what I wanted to do. I went ahead and had them ship it since it was done and ready to go. Received a tracking number already, so hoping it goes smooth here on out. As of now I'm planning on installing it next weekend.

• Like 3

Got the cat yesterday. Interesting thing is they sent me the Magnaflow one instead of the house brand. Not complaining since I was about to spend $200 more for the same thing. 

Looking forward to getting it installed next weekend.

4 hours ago, Falcor said:

Got the cat yesterday. Interesting thing is they sent me the Magnaflow one instead of the house brand. Not complaining since I was about to spend $200 more for the same thing. 

Looking forward to getting it installed next weekend.

Can't go wrong when they mess up an order that benefits you 😆.