LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 5th gen today?? -V4

Well, it's much cheaper than an aftermarket wheel.

Lol, its pocket change compared to aftermarket, I think the wheel was $25 with all the controls. I have a padded cover coming in as well. Once I figure out how to put it all back together and get the under padding squared away I will know whether it will work or not.

I am thinking aluminum rod, rivets, and epoxy.

I picked up a set of spring compressors and attempted to assemble the front struts ahead of time so that this weekend I can just put them in the car but I couldn’t figure it out. When I place the first coil of the bottom into the strut , it tilts the spring at an angle making it very difficult to align the spring seat on top of the spring. Is the whole first coil suppose to sit making full contact with the strut base? Or is just the the tip of the spring that’s suppose to make contact ? Is the spring supposed to be angled when I try placing the spring seat?

I picked up a set of spring compressors and attempted to assemble the front struts ahead of time so that this weekend I can just put them in the car but I couldn’t figure it out. When I place the first coil of the bottom into the strut , it tilts the spring at an angle making it very difficult to align the spring seat on top of the spring. Is the whole first coil suppose to sit making full contact with the strut base? Or is just the the tip of the spring that’s suppose to make contact ? Is the spring supposed to be angled when I try placing the spring seat?

Have you compressed springs before? If its tilted, try compressing the other side or loosen up the tilted side a few turns to straiten it out. You will have to play with the spring compressor placement to get them in the right place so t.hey can compressed the spring and not interfere with the strut assembly.

The best way to do this is set the end of the coil where it's supposed to be top and bottom and then compress it. Flat or not once its bolted in it wont be an issue.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Changed the O2 sensor, went with the denso brand for about a hundred bucks.. P0420 code came back today and Im pissed! CAT was just replaced last summer with 40k miles on it. Only thing I haven't replaced is the A/F ratio sensor (Bank 0 sensor)...

Have your tuner turn it off. I did. :)

Oil change, rear diff oil, CVT oil, TPMS replacement and reset, air filter and cabin filter.

Got in touch with my painter. Legacy going into the body shop next weekend.

Edited by amusa

Good luck with that. I'm at about 6 weeks and nothing but crickets....

I talked to Bryan at BNR this morning, he said he had to find a new machine shop and will be taking the load of turbos to the new shop Tuesday. Sounds like he should be shipping turbos out mid to late next week.

I hope that includes yours mcg!

for the springs, there's a notch where the end of the spring goes into a notch in the spring seat on the strut and the rubber part at the top - as long as that's there, it should be correct (just make sure the tophat is oriented properly when installed in the car)

Got off work a little early and installed the Perrin mufflers, they are a little loud, but I will give it some time to grow on me. They sound really smooth inside the car.2faaa26c8c321bf48d06e54e768b9ade.jpg8b102fb2e1094391736900ec067f63e4.jpg

Edited by FLlegacy

Nothing I would be too concerned about, there does seem to be a bit more buildup on the right most plug, you might check the pcv valve is clean and the coil is making good contact. Otherwise, don't be afraid to open it up once in a while on the highway and let the engine get hot enough to burn off a lot of those deposits that can build up from everyday driving.

Well I got to drive the GT with the Perrin exhaust for a while this morning. I am not terribly convinced its going to stay right now...I am contemplating having a resonator added, but it really isn't loud and for whatever reason seems to quiet down a lot in upper rpms.

Well I got to drive the GT with the Perrin exhaust for a while this morning. I am not terribly convinced its going to stay right now...I am contemplating having a resonator added, but it really isn't loud and for whatever reason seems to quiet down a lot in upper rpms.

My Nameless 5" muffler axlebacks are kinda like that. I hear them more when I'm off throttle

My Nameless 5" muffler axlebacks are kinda like that. I hear them more when I'm off throttle
Cruising, they are almost imperceptible, I have to downshift to 4th to hear them clearly. I downloaded a sound meter app and will see what my readings are on my way home. Sitting in the car with engine off is around 35 to 40 db, engine on 55 to 57 db. So they aren't loud per se. I think I need sound deadening in the trunk and back seat area.

And for anyone wondering, my peak boost is up a bit over half a psi. Usually peak is around 20.8 psi ish in this weather, today 21.31psi. I'll log the trip hom and do a 3rd gear pull.

Edited by FLlegacy

Cruising, they are almost imperceptible, I have to downshift to 4th to hear them clearly. I downloaded a sound meter app and will see what my readings are on my way home. Sitting in the car with engine off is around 35 to 40 db, engine on 55 to 57 db. So they aren't loud per se. I think I need sound deadening in the trunk and back seat area.

And for anyone wondering, my peak boost is up a bit over half a psi. Usually peak is around 20.8 psi ish in this weather, today 21.31psi. I'll log the trip hom and do a 3rd gear pull.

adding sound deadening to the rear shelf helped me more than anything, spare tire too but there was already a fare amount of factory deadening in there if i remember correctly

Got my fenders rolled on all four corners over the weekend. Had them done by a guy with a lot of experience and the proper tools. Kept everything well heated and was very meticulous and careful with the work. Very happy with the results, he even commented how big the lip on our rear fender is and took pictures of it himself for his own purposes. Plenty of room now for further lowering and possibly some wider wheels for track use.

Also replaced my hub rings as they were all nasty and one actually cracked.

xgFhtaJ.jpg

Before

PRf5EiF.jpg

After

BKq8dG4.jpg

rhWG7ra.jpg

adding sound deadening to the rear shelf helped me more than anything, spare tire too but there was already a fare amount of factory deadening in there if i remember correctly
Where the speakers are mounted? That makes a lot sense, lol the noise seems to be coming from straight back. Thank you!

Got my fenders rolled on all four corners over the weekend. Had them done by a guy with a lot of experience and the proper tools. Kept everything well heated and was very meticulous and careful with the work. Very happy with the results, he even commented how big the lip on our rear fender is and took pictures of it himself for his own purposes. Plenty of room now for further lowering and possibly some wider wheels for track use.

Also replaced my hub rings as they were all nasty and one actually cracked.

xgFhtaJ.jpg

Before

PRf5EiF.jpg

After

BKq8dG4.jpg

rhWG7ra.jpg

This is how the newer generation roll fenders :lol:.

We used to do it with baseball bats back in the day.

This is how the newer generation roll fenders [emoji38].

We used to do it with baseball bats back in the day.

[emoji38]

Worked on my steering wheel project a little bit. I am starting to think it might just work.66345d170573bcffb6be170a375d4f9c.jpg5683b072651cb7cb571cbb6f459ca047.jpg

^Really?

How hard was it to roll those Model T fenders? :p

If I think about it we tack weld and hammer it on a 1929 Essex rat rod, 1940's GMC Truck, 1976 Nova, etc.. We did use baseball bat on the Acura's/Honda's fenders using the top of the tire as a guide.

Edited by amusa