LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 5th gen today?? -V4

Hadn't done some good cold weather pulls while watching my boost in a while so tried yesterday. It was around 20F. Highest I saw was 19.5 and it is tuned for 18. So not too bad considering the temps and the Nameless DP.

The concerning thing however is my car seems to have a bit of a stumble above 4k RPM and WOT. At first I thought my tires were trying to spin (roads did have some slick spots) and traction control was cutting power. I disabled it though, and still got the same behavior. Naturally I suspect a coil pack but there was no CEL. Shouldn't I see a CEL if it was a misfire? Car runs perfect otherwise.

Hadn't done some good cold weather pulls while watching my boost in a while so tried yesterday. It was around 20F. Highest I saw was 19.5 and it is tuned for 18. So not too bad considering the temps and the Nameless DP.

The concerning thing however is my car seems to have a bit of a stumble above 4k RPM and WOT. At first I thought my tires were trying to spin (roads did have some slick spots) and traction control was cutting power. I disabled it though, and still got the same behavior. Naturally I suspect a coil pack but there was no CEL. Shouldn't I see a CEL if it was a misfire? Car runs perfect otherwise.

its surprisingly hard to get a CEL from a coilpack that is on its way out. it basically needs to misfire 10 times in the span of a few seconds. you can track your misfires for each cylinder with the AP, the are marked roughness cyl 1,2,3,4. if it ever counts more than 1 or 2 I'd say that coil is nearing its end.

I'll have to get some logs next time. I'm aware of that fuel stumble problem but didn't think that could be it since this came out of nowhere. I had done dozens of full pulls during the etuning process a couple months ago with no issue. Only thing different now is the temp has dropped 40-50 degrees.

Since the temps got up into the 60s the past 2 days, I did a quick rinse of all the salt accumulation since the car wash line was 20+ deep. Took more time to enable and then winterize the water/hose lines again, since next week wants to snow again -_-

I got 4 new stainless steel lines installed and put in a warranty claim with goodridge because that's the second one that failed.

Customer service so far has been excellent and they are concerned as to why two failed the same way

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

I got 4 new stainless steel lines installed and put in a warranty claim with goodridge because that's the second one that failed.

Customer service so far has been excellent and they are concerned as to why two failed the same way

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

If you go through a third set, I'm going to chalk it up to something unique on your specific car, because I've literally not seen a single other 5th gen with that issue with the Goodridge lines. Would make me thing that something is rubbing somewhere or something along those lines.

Glad to hear they've been helpful in getting them replaced though.

If you go through a third set, I'm going to chalk it up to something unique on your specific car, because I've literally not seen a single other 5th gen with that issue with the Goodridge lines. Would make me thing that something is rubbing somewhere or something along those lines.

Google search:

https://www.google.com/search?q=goodridge+stainless+brake+line+failure&oq=goodridge+stainless+brake+line+failure&aqs=chrome..69i57j33l2.18576j1j4&client=ms-android-verizon&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

It really isnt unique failures happen in all manufactured products.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

No this is the second set, i replaced 1 line and then a different line on the original set failed.

Trying to fix a bad rock chip from Thursday - using the Permatex kit (every video/product literature thing I have seen looks the same, so probably whatever is cheapest is fine) - really hoping it works well - so far, looks pretty good - there was a chunk that had a surface penetrating crack on two sides, and one that wasn't, so hoping that stays still and I don't end up with a divot in the windshield. It's on the passenger side, so not in my line of sight, but annoying nonetheless (was a dually pulling some contractor box sort of trailor that flung the rock - I hate construction vehicles - they have deep tread on the tires to go in the dirt/mud, but never ever can be bothered with getting the rocks out before going on the road)

it's sitting in the sun curing now. Doing one on my wife's van at the same time - that one is coming out pretty perfect, it looks - can't even see the tiny cracks! Had safelite repair one on my windshield a couple of years ago and wasn't overly impressed, so also sort of doing an experiment to see which is better/worse or of they are about the same)

Turned out better than the Safelite folks (I think the tech was rushing, even though it was an appointment...) as the cracks in the windshield are pretty much invisible. The surface looks ok - you can see where the chip is, but it's better than having a big divot in the windshield, I suppose! (the crack didn't travel at all, but you can see it bulging up ever so slightly - other repairs look similar around them... Wifes van turned out pretty close to perfect, but it wasn't as bad a chip.

The 1st rock chip, I had repair by a windshield place came out awesome, I had a hard finding the repair. I have 3 other repairs since then, have not been as great and they have all been noticeable. One of them looked like bug splattered on my windshield.

I never thought about fixing it myself, I bet I could do a better job than most of the windshield repairs I have gotten.

Replaced a dead TPMS sensor. Decided to go all in and bought a tire bead breaker and a TPMS scanner/programmer which included eight new sensors. All for $322. Will be a while to break even but since I have two sets of wheels with sensors 6-8 years old it should work out over the next two years or so (at least that’s what I’m telling myself).

Thus evening my car didnt want to start, I tried 3 times and nothing but cranking over. So I let it sit for a few minutes with the key off, then cranked it again and it slowly sputtered to life. No CELs, but some strong smells of exhaust and fuel. Nothing amiss with the AF ratio and no issues on the drive home, I hope it was just a fluke.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk