LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 5th gen today?? -V4

The problem comes in for GT owners as well: they need a 6MT cluster, and I'm pretty sure the only 2013-14 that came in 6MT were specifically base models, so I'm not entirely certain a cluster that would work for USDM GT's exists.

In other words, Limiteds, the trim that would have the temp gauge, I'm pretty sure never came in 6MT.

did we even get a temp gauge in the US? that spot is where the stupid little eco gauge is. i would love to have an actual temp gauge to free up a spot on my AP

Yeah that would be neat!

As mentioned already there are threads about it but the consensus I got was that no one has gotten it perfect, so I never looked further.

Hoping for links to threads or info of successful retrofits.

Called my painter and he is backed up. I need to call him again after March 1. The orange/yellow light that my wife mention. I drove the Legacy the other day around the block before it snowed and the light was not on.

Those do look nice...I am growing weary of the dark wheels on swp car. I would love to strip them and polish then clearcoat. If only I had the time.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I'm getting tired of my black wheels too.

Maybe a bit premature, but....the weather forecast says warm and sunny well into March and it was about 12*C (53*F) today so off came the snow tires and back on with the OZ's and Michelins. Then gave her a nice wash and a quick drive on dry roads to blow off the water :)

If we get a little more late snow.....Scooby Too's Legacy has 4 snows on it so we are "Good to go"

Happy to see the start of Spring on the west coast ;)

x0t8Xze.jpg

Tonight I limped her home.

As I was turning, I noticed the clutch pedal go limp. Shifting in to third almost didn't happen. When I got up to speed I decided to try pumping the clutch and going in to fifth. That didn't happen. I coasted into a gas station parking lot.

My clutch fluid was low so I bought some and topped it off. Started the car and pumped the pedal and it got softer and the fluid level didn't change. The pedal ended up staying down at the floor.

I ended the evening by limping home: Starting it in first gear with the starter, then clutchless shifting into third.

So now I'm beginning to read up on our clutch system to try to figure out what it might be and weather I can do it in an apartment parking lot :/

Any help or advice would be welcome.

Well, the good news is that all of the hydraulic stuff is either inside the car, on the firewall, or bolted to the outside of the transmission. The bad news is that the pressure plate pushing on the clutch fork is a large part of what you feel in the pedal, and that's not bolted to the outside of the transmission. If you can't see any fluid coming out anywhere, I'd peel off the dust boot that covers up the end of the clutch fork and see what you can see in there.

Is that on top? Since I have the fmic, the slave is very easy to get to.

More good news: The master, slave, and hydraulic line are all on Rockauto for less than $100 + shipping, and NASIOC makes the replacement sound easy.

I would have a helper watch the clutch fork as you push the pedal. It could be the slave cylinder has gone bad, in which case the fluid is probably just spewing right out. I am sure you would know if it was in the car, brake fluid is not the most aromatic of scents but it is distinct.

So I just went out with my girlfriend and had her push in and pull out the clutch pedal while I watched the slave. The slave is leaking. The filler neck might be as well. Right now I'm considering ordering the slave and hose and just replacing those.

Whoever came up with out master location: Who hurt you? The WRX's is so much easier looking. Ours is up behind the pedal in the car.

Does anyone know if the master should be replaced with the slave? It doesn't appear to be leaking.

So I just went out with my girlfriend and had her push in and pull out the clutch pedal while I watched the slave. The slave is leaking. The filler neck might be as well. Right now I'm considering ordering the slave and hose and just replacing those.

Whoever came up with out master location: Who hurt you? The WRX's is so much easier looking. Ours is up behind the pedal in the car.

Does anyone know if the master should be replaced with the slave? It doesn't appear to be leaking.

I would do both, and transfer your damper delete. Afaik the wrx has it roughly in the same place, it has to attach to the clutch pedal, so it can't go far.

I wouldn't think there'd be any reason to replace it if it's not leaking. That said, I'm glad to hear it's not the fork- I was thinking it, but I didn't want to come right on out and say it out of fear that it might be true...

I slept on it and then ordered the master, slave, hose, and union for the damper delete. They all arrive on Friday. I figure I'll use my Saturday and end up with a much better clutch feel.

All in this really isn't a very expensive repair since I'm doing the labor myself... as long as this fixes it and I don't F something up.

I slept on it and then ordered the master, slave, hose, and union for the damper delete. They all arrive on Friday. I figure I'll use my Saturday and end up with a much better clutch feel.

All in this really isn't a very expensive repair since I'm doing the labor myself... as long as this fixes it and I don't F something up.

If you dont have a vacuum bleeder you can add one to your tool collection. Very hand for bleeding the clutch and brake system.

Those do look nice...I am growing weary of the dark wheels on swp car. I would love to strip them and polish then clearcoat. If only I had the time.

I went in to have em look at the wheels bc I hit some moon craters near GE on I-75 in Cincinnati that did spoke rash! No rim rash at all! So must have been DEEP! Next thing ya know I’ve got black wheels?!? All aided by the fact that I finally built my snow tire set. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got the passenger airbag replaced under the recall today. Took them just over an hour. All safe now.

Going in to the dealer for both of our Legacys later this month....have not received a notice, but both VIN's show on SOC as needing the recall.:(