LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 5th gen today?? -V4

Well mine lasted about 190k, so I guess I'm really not that bad off. You really might as well replace it when you're doing the clutch. It's only $40 now, but a lot more if you have to drop the tranny later.

Well, if you're in there replacing the fork, it'd be silly not to do the clutch while you have things torn apart, and if you buy into that logic, you'll be right no matter what gives up first!

Well mine lasted about 190k, so I guess I'm really not that bad off. You really might as well replace it when you're doing the clutch. It's only $40 now, but a lot more if you have to drop the tranny later.

Are you going with another stock fork or getting the upgraded fork?

Don't speak of such things.....My clutch fork was squeaking like an old iron fence till I lubed it up a month or two ago. It will be fine, no need to replace. It will last as long as the clutch....

At least, that is what I'm telling myself ;)

I think all of the clutch fork failures are on aftermarket clutches. Someone correct me if I wrong.

I think all of the clutch fork failures are on aftermarket clutches. Someone correct me if I wrong.

In our model legacy..yes so far. But it has been an issue with other models for some time as well I would bet age, abuse, and lack of maintenance are most of the issue.

Are you going with another stock fork or getting the upgraded fork?

Well I haven't committed yet, but Robert at FAT suggested that since I got ~190k out of my stock one, that I might expect the same out of a new stock fork. He also suggested replacing the pivot ball at the same time and the throw out bearing.

I'm on an Exedy stage 1 clutch.

Is there anything else in there that I should consider while we're in there?

So

Metra released this early Jan

http://www.metraonline.com/part/95-8910S

It's for all of us who have navigation systems

In addition their is finally a harness for the HK system so no longer is it an adventure to figure out

Yes I'm getting an aftermarket unit installed in a few weeks...FINALITY

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Well I haven't committed yet, but Robert at FAT suggested that since I got ~190k out of my stock one, that I might expect the same out of a new stock fork. He also suggested replacing the pivot ball at the same time and the throw out bearing.

I'm on an Exedy stage 1 clutch.

Is there anything else in there that I should consider while we're in there?

How long have you been on the stage 1 clutch?

Clipped the garage with a passenger side mirror, again. Despite it being a folding one (I replaced it last time), it didn't fold and a corner busted off.

Also, somewhere along the snowpocolypse in Minneapolis this year (4 feet of snow in Feb., and already 10+ inches in March), I lost my right front fender liner (the front connections points were barely holding on after I plowed through a drifter last winter).

Spare turbo has been sitting at BNR for a couple weeks. No real rush as I'm in no real hurry.

Clipped the garage with a passenger side mirror, again. Despite it being a folding one (I replaced it last time), it didn't fold and a corner busted off.

Also, somewhere along the snowpocolypse in Minneapolis this year (4 feet of snow in Feb., and already 10+ inches in March), I lost my right front fender liner (the front connections points were barely holding on after I plowed through a drifter last winter).

Spare turbo has been sitting at BNR for a couple weeks. No real rush as I'm in no real hurry.

I hate hate hate replacing fender lines. I've bought three. Last time I used nuts and bolts in lieu of the big black plastic clips. It felt like overkill, but I haven't had to drop $40 on another liner yet.

I clipped the driver's side mirror on the garage a couple months ago. Still need to fix that. Didn't do the damage like yours though.

I didn’t do it yet , but I’ll be installing my Perrin 19 mm sway bar this weekend . I had a question though , the Perrin instructions say that the bushing bracket should be torqued to 12’ lbs, but what I’ve read through out the forums is 30’lbs, which is s huge difference . Should I do 12 as Perrin recommends ?

Got out my shop vac and detailing kit, opened the garage door to clean up the car, and realized it was too cold. Shut the garage door and came back inside to post this in defeat :( *cracks open ice cold beer*

I clipped the driver's side mirror on the garage a couple months ago. Still need to fix that. Didn't do the damage like yours though.

somebody clipped my passenger side mirror in traffic about a week ago, i thought it was unscathed but a piece of the black plastic fell off yesterday, not entirely sure if i'll fix it or not at the moment, if i do it won't be for some time.

Any pics yet of them installed?
There is only 1 set in existence. Hopefully the light smoked set I ordered yesterday will come out of the molds in the next few days. He can literally only make 1 set per day. This will push me over the edge to finally crack my headlights and black them out, so install pics will be coming.

Left the LGT at the dealer today after having airbag recall done. An occasional engine knocking that showed up this week was diagnosed as internal (I was hoping it would just be the TB tensioner). Will leave it for them to remove oil pan Monday and see what’s up. Not good!

Noise holding steady speed ~2,500 rpm in 1st gear, doesn’t do it accelerating or engine braking:

Noise revving to ~2,500 rpm in neutral:

I wonder if that could be the timing belt tensioner. Hopefully it isn't anything major.