LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 5th gen today?? -V4

Free Etune Giveaway?.........Happy holidays and please share your pay it forward ideas here -

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/free-e-tune-givaway-happy-holidays-277016.html?p=5858445#post5858445

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

didn't do anything to my car but i put a submission in for the free CRYTUNE e-tune for my car

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/free-e-tune-givaway-happy-holidays-277016.html?p=5858445#post5858445

go ahead and check it out if you're whip needs some extra whip this christmas

HA!

Edited by ripstik
realizes cryo posted literally 2 posts up.

• 3 weeks later...

Working on the damper delete and found what is causing the creaking sound when depressing the clutch. What would cause the slave cylinder to make this noise? Is the shaft dry?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Working on the damper delete and found what is causing the creaking sound when depressing the clutch. What would cause the slave cylinder to make this noise? Is the shaft dry?

Interesting, both my 6MT 2.5i and GT make those noises on occasion, I never bothered to track them down.

Interesting, both my 6MT 2.5i and GT make those noises on occasion, I never bothered to track them down.

Ended up being a combo of the slave cylinder and clutch fork being dry. I fixed it with the help of Gteaser. More info in the damper delete thread.

Finally had the right combination of free time, dry ground, warm weather, and daylight to get my front lip back on after I got victimized by a snowplow's ledge. Drilled out all the mounting holes and used Zinc bolts with zinc washers and nuts to attach this time instead of self-tappers. Worked really well and I'm happy to have the look back. Also replaced a bracket or two so ez lip sits a bit better.

Was getting SO sick of looking at the front end lipless, I literally didn't snap a single picture of my car the entire time the lip was off (which is rare for me lmao). Between the stock wheels for winter and the lip missing, it just looked back to stock for me lmao. Front lip makes such a difference.

pBMu77E.jpg

PAn9wP3.jpg

5DCvtH4.jpg

I drove my '12 GT 4 miles to the store to warm it up, charge its battery, and stretch it legs.

In my area we had an early snow in mid November where they salt the roads and I stopped drive my LGT. (I am trying to avoid driving on salted roads to prevent rust issues) Initially, I was thinking this was going to be long winter but we had some heavy rains that clean up road after the couple times they salted the roads, so I was able to put 300 miles on my car in December. I probably could have couple driven it more but I have been very cautious as sometime the town will just throw salt down when the road are wet and could get below freezing or when it below freezing and they think their is a chance of rain or snow. We now have some rain/snow for this weekend and the some really cold temperature in the forecast, so it might be a while before I drive it again.

I drove my '12 GT 4 miles to the store to warm it up, charge its battery, and stretch it legs.

In my area we had an early snow in mid November where they salt the roads and I stopped drive my LGT. (I am trying to avoid driving on salted roads to prevent rust issues) Initially, I was thinking this was going to be long winter but we had some heavy rains that clean up road after the couple times they salted the roads, so I was able to put 300 miles on my car in December. I probably could have couple driven it more but I have been very cautious as sometime the town will just throw salt down when the road are wet and could get below freezing or when it below freezing and they think their is a chance of rain or snow. We now have some rain/snow for this weekend and the some really cold temperature in the forecast, so it might be a while before I drive it again.

I would love to have a DD and a toy, but the best I can do is if it's bad out and the Crosstrek is available.....we are going treking. :)

Got the tS front arms in, and sat down with a movie and spent some nice therapeutic time thoroughly cleaning them up. I didn't have any metal cleaner or polish, just took some water, melamine sponges, and paper towels to them, but they look quite a bit fresher after I was done. Time now for new bushings and ball joint. Decided on going with the SuperPro bushings and the Whiteline Roll Center kit for the ball joint. Going to get them on with my H&R spring swap and all my Cusco braces in the springtime. Figured to let my shop handle the majority of it since it'll need a re-alignment from the springs anyways. Might try to do the bushing pressing myself with a friends help.

The movie I had on was IO, the new Netflix original. Really enjoyed the movie, as I like movies that take place in the whole "time after the Earth died" scenarios, especially ones that AREN'T just thinly veiled zombie movies. I will say I was a bit dissatisfied with the ending, but overall I'd recommend anyone to give it a watch as it was a nice relaxing, cerebral movie.

VJ3iKX5.jpg

8C0uXVB.jpg

Well I too replaced my F control Arms. One of the bushings was pretty much gone, and the others had cracks/splits in them. At highways speeds, if I turned right to follow the road I would get really bad wobble from the steering wheel and front end. While the tires and all were off, I also did my front bearings. MOOG has some really beefy ones! They were thicker than the OE ones! Made me think of just replacing the rear ones too. While I was dirty, I also replaced my Power Steering Pump. It was getting whiny. I also have a new starter coming tomorrow. I have to really pray it catches these last couple of days. Im at 170k so these are the things that start to fall apart. The cool thing is I did all the installs by myself! Go me! Starter will be a piece of cake.

Complete new control arms - bushing included

OEM or mevotech?....... never mind i remembered how to read... are these the ones you used? i don't see any listed for the 5th gen on their site

https://www.moog-suspension-parts.com/moog-rk622031

https://www.moog-suspension-parts.com/moog-rk622030

Edited by ripstik

OEM or mevotech?....... never mind i remembered how to read... are these the ones you used? i don't see any listed for the 5th gen on their site

https://www.moog-suspension-parts.com/moog-rk622031

https://www.moog-suspension-parts.com/moog-rk622030

I went with mevotech for the arms. these are the ones I went with (one side):

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=6118326&cc=1503311&jsn=354 They really were well done. Impressed with them over the OE arms simply by looking at them. The OE has the "holes" in the bushings to help with vibration/flex I'm sure - I had tears in both sides. The Mevotechs are solid filled. I had destroyed the bushing closest to the front of the car (if you can visualize it) and it was pretty much all gone on the left side. Hence the really bad wobble when turning right. Not to say OE was poorly done, hell, it put up with my driving for 170k. Not too shabby.

and yes, the moogs for the bearings. I originally thought the moogs were thicker in width (around the studs) which might pop the wheel out a bit more than OE when I first compared them. But they are the same, its just that OE thickness which matches the Moog is only around the stud - then it recesses to thinner width between. The Moog is just a solid monster. Heavier so I guess I got slower?:lol:

Rockauto don't have aluminium control arms for our Gen?
The tS aluminum arms for our Gen are pretty much Unobtainium. STi only made them for the uber rare tS model JDM Legacy so there are probably only a few hundred sets in existence.

^Correct. Only 600 tS models were made in total, and these are the only aluminum front LCA option for the 5th gen. Also, the front end geometry for the 5th gen chassis is entirely unique. It's possible that 15+ STI arms may bolt up, but the track of the 15 STI is actually 1.4 inches thinner than the 5th gen, so it would throw quite a lot of things off with the alignment and geometry, and is generally ill-advised.

9XCPIBq.png

iZJeRZn.png