LegacyGT.com

Snow... Are You Ready?

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in the house, had to stop by BJ's in Greenfield, grab diner at Subway, pick up milk at the Shell station and ice cream at Shaws in Ludlow. Called the GF already, so now I'm stuck here with the forum...:)

I'll head down stairs and grab the skis and poles and put them by the door in a few.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Just got new tires put on the LegGT... Had to make a quick decision since as you can see, my last tire REALLY came up with a surprise on me! :icon_eek:

But I put some Hankook Ventus V2 Concept's All season/Performance tires on, not much experience with these, don't expect them to be STELLAR in the snow, but I'm not worried.... The legacy can handle it! ;)

that's all you need. winter tires are for shitty drivers.

:rolleyes:

Not having snow tires when you live or drive into areas where they are necessary is for idiots.

NOW, NOW, NOW boy's...I have posted here before, I drove the 1992 Honda Civic Si to VT as much as I drove my 98' and 00' Legacy GT wagons with no snow tires, to VT every winter weekend. Never had a real issues. My 05 is the first one I've had snow tires on.

It all about knowing how to drive in snow. Snow tires just make it a little easier.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

I stand by what I posted, 100%.

You can't even legally drive over the mountain passes here when the conditions are bad without traction tires or chains. And when it's really bad the cops will actually check. No tires or chains, you get turned around and sent home. My comment wasn't directed towards you. It was towards the noob genius on the last page.

Drove up to the mountains this weekend to see how she would do with her current setup.

I wont tell you what tires I'm running for fear of being flammed. But I will tell you that traction was adequate when driving cautiously. Good enough that for the minimal amount that the car may have to endure snow that it doesn't warrant buying a new set of tires.

I didn't get stuck until snow was deep enough to get high centered on.

WP_000454.thumb.jpg.382384a05fc62c7b32009d89c5b9e3bc.jpg

I stand by what I posted, 100%.

You can't even legally drive over the mountain passes here when the conditions are bad without traction tires or chains. And when it's really bad the cops will actually check. No tires or chains, you get turned around and sent home. My comment wasn't directed towards you. It was towards the noob genius on the last page.

Yes, I'll agree when your talking about that mountain passes, you need all the help you can get.

My stories include a Sunday evening in VT when we had to slide our feet across the driveway because it was 31F and raining. The 00' wagon had Michelin MXV4's, we made it home without issue.

I think we can all agree you need to use your head in bad conditions. It's also a good idea to go practice in a big parking lot with no one around.

• I Donated
I drove a 94 sentra with all seasons year round before I had the legacy. Only time I ever got stuck was when I was high centered on some ice in a deserted parking lot with my at the time girlfriend. Of course, it probably also helped in the winter that the tires were 175s :lol:

It all about knowing how to drive in snow. Snow tires just make it a little easier.

I've driven RWD cars with AS tires in blizzards, so I certainly know how to drive in snow. Would I want to ever do it again? Hell no. Doesn't mean I'm a shitty driver as andnyleswillriot put it.

Had 10+ inches here in minnesota over the weekend and the only thing I could do was look out my window and dream of the fun I would of had if I had my car.:icon_sad: No worries as its just getting tuned for e85(e70). Just need to figure out why its going lean up top and then it'll be all done. Hopefully, as its suppose to snow again this weekend:lol:

I still wanna know who the noob coomment was about! Lol... God knows I will laugh my ass off if dude is talking about me with my tire post... I've rocked some SILLY weather in the LGT BURIED in snow.. after almost 8 YEARS with a legacy I'D LOVE FOR SOMEBODY TO CALL ME A NOOB! LOL

43 post qualifies for noob status, sorry, it's a fact of life. But otherwise, welcome to the forum.

Don't mind us trolls, we're well aware of who we are...

I'm in the house, had to stop by BJ's in Greenfield, grab diner at Subway, pick up milk at the Shell station and ice cream at Shaws in Ludlow. Called the GF already, so now I'm stuck here with the forum...:)

I'll head down stairs and grab the skis and poles and put them by the door in a few.

You frequent Okemo? Spend all my childhood ski trips on that mountain and still love it to this day...when there's not a half hour line on the northstar express lol.

And yes I'm born ready for snow. I'm trying to figure out if i max out the lengths of my brand used MR coilovers if it would be taller than stock, I'll totally throw them on before the spring like i anticipated.

Got my one season old WS60's that only got to see one good snow last season, praying for tons of Northeast snow this winter!

uploadfromtaptalk1355316266782.jpg.0c071fc4d83d18e5f4b8b029f4e9887d.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

You frequent Okemo? Spend all my childhood ski trips on that mountain and still love it to this day...when there's not a half hour line on the northstar express lol.

And yes I'm born ready for snow. I'm trying to figure out if i max out the lengths of my brand used MR coilovers if it would be taller than stock, I'll totally throw them on before the spring like i anticipated.

Got my one season old WS60's that only got to see one good snow last season, praying for tons of Northeast snow this winter!

[ATTACH]136511[/ATTACH]

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

We avoid the northstar lift from about 8:45 on a busy Saturday, eat a early lunch, load it about 11:50-12:10 and not come back to it.

We have been getting to it by 7:40 the past few weekends. The benifit of a Ultrapass.

We load for our second run before 8AM.

Archived