LegacyGT.com

Snow... Are You Ready?

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Oops, still on my summer tires

http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag1/Shotokan1509/LGT%20Suspension/BC87A13A-773F-412C-BCC5-3E7E5AB164D1-1792-000002F4ADB308BC_zpsb00bde07.jpg

http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag1/Shotokan1509/LGT%20Suspension/24BE7448-651D-41DF-8843-078882954049-1792-000002F4B78AF525_zps3330a1de.jpg

Bigger oops, my summer car isnt in storage

http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag1/Shotokan1509/365/4EB72C22-3839-401A-9E1E-EB44AA810DCA-1792-00000301E37CD968_zps6934b549.jpg

I don't like sharp edges on a big mountain ski. On the race course, they were must.

I'm just going to drip some hot wax on them and flat file the edges slightly

What would be the reason behind not liking sharp edges on a big mountain ski? The only drawback I see is a slightly increased chance of catching an edge. If you're skiing in NE though, I would assume the ice control on a fresh tune outweighs all other considerations. Genuinely curious as to the thinking behind that opinion.

At any rate. Threw the blizzaks on today. Blech. OEM rims. :( Snows ftw though.

Left work today and I had some snow on my car. Didn't have time to change to my snows after work, but we're not supposed to get snow tomorrow so I don't feel bad. Tomorrow after work I'll be switching to winters on my car and the fiancee's car too

We've been over this before, knowing your background, I can't believe that. :)

I still kill it.

I don't like sharp edges on a big mountain ski. On the race course, they were must.

I'm just going to drip some hot wax on them and flat file the edges slightly

What would be the reason behind not liking sharp edges on a big mountain ski? The only drawback I see is a slightly increased chance of catching an edge. If you're skiing in NE though, I would assume the ice control on a fresh tune outweighs all other considerations. Genuinely curious as to the thinking behind that opinion.

Some people say you don't need shape edges because the snow is so soft. I still had shape edges when I skied the Blow Hole at Blackcomb, 58* pitch.

I'm waiting till after Thanksgiving to put the snows on.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• Mega Users

Specifically catching edges as I'm not used to sharp edges anymore. You really don't need much edge if there is decent snow, and I rarely ski when its crappy and a sheet of ice. I'd rather be doing other things.

I'd love to throw a pair of race skis one with razor sharp edges again. I'd probably end up killing myself though.

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

Ah, I see. You want the nice day lazy man's skiing experience. ;) I can dig that. I admit we definitely don't ski if it's too cold or too rainy/slushy and there are a lot of days that I would have been out when I was younger that we just don't have the drive to go when the weather is less than stellar. But I contest that you can experience crappy snow any day of the winter in New England.

It's like all wheel drive. You don't need it all the time, but when conditions are less than ideal, it's worth all the other drawbacks. :D

Specifically catching edges as I'm not used to sharp edges anymore. You really don't need much edge if there is decent snow, and I rarely ski when its crappy and a sheet of ice. I'd rather be doing other things.

I'd love to throw a pair of race skis one with razor sharp edges again. I'd probably end up killing myself though.

Ah, I see. You want the nice day lazy man's skiing experience. ;) I can dig that. I admit we definitely don't ski if it's too cold or too rainy/slushy and there are a lot of days that I would have been out when I was younger that we just don't have the drive to go when the weather is less than stellar. But I contest that you can experience crappy snow any day of the winter in New England.

It's like all wheel drive. You don't need it all the time, but when conditions are less than ideal, it's worth all the other drawbacks. :D

Light weight's....LOL, paintpollz knows some of the conditions I've skied in. I was on snow the day we had -75F wind chill, also skied the Salomon Demo day when it was -29F temp about 11 years ago.

Remember the race weekend, Pico warm and had high winds, Mark was cutting brush out of the race course. Next day Middlebury windy and cold. Frozen solid.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Mount and balanced my blizzaks today for winter time, got lame army training for the next 30 days so no snowboarding for me :(
StageIII Cryotune-Kinugawa STS TD06H-20GTX 9 blade turbine, ID1000, DW65c, 73mm MegaMAF , GS EWG up-pipe, Downpipe and EBCS, FMS FMIC, TGV Delete, Brembo swap

i think thats what i just took off for winter... they did me fine in a mild winter
StageIII Cryotune-Kinugawa STS TD06H-20GTX 9 blade turbine, ID1000, DW65c, 73mm MegaMAF , GS EWG up-pipe, Downpipe and EBCS, FMS FMIC, TGV Delete, Brembo swap

That is what i have on also. Lets hope they do good I really don't feel like driving that damn Civic.

Civic, my old 1992Si in my avatar did great in the snow for the 10 years before it became a race car. Never had snow tires, we never missed making it to the ski races when my son was racing. So it saw lots of winter driving.

Civic, my old 1992Si in my avatar did great in the snow for the 10 years before it became a race car. Never had snow tires, we never missed making it to the ski races when my son was racing. So it saw lots of winter driving.

Mine is 95 DX and it has snow tires on all 4 corners. It goes wonderfully in the snow and it was my main winter vehicle before the LGT. I trust that thing in the snow like no other vehicle, BUT the clutch is wearing thin and it is so rusted it takes forever for the cabin to get warm. I do not start to get warm until I am almost at work. I would guess it has almost 230k miles on it as the odometer quit working at 130k.

Archived