LegacyGT.com

Snow... Are You Ready?

Not so much snow but crazy black ice. Saw like 14 people who swerved off the highway and also like 5 accidents

Yea, wasn't it fun driving yesterday afternoon. On rt 103 in Chester VT After the left turn, I gave the wagon a little gas in 1st gear doing about 7mph, the wagon slide sideways.

You could see the white frost on the pavement. That was about 1PM.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • I Donated
Yup, went driving in the gf's miata yesterday and roads were fine until we got back to her apt. complex. Black ice, not even giving it any gas around a corner and the back end came out. I was glad I was driving, i've got more RWD experience than her in slippery conditions.

Looks like snow is flying just north of us AGAIN! :spin:

I can't believe how many times we've been missed this season so far. And Chicago continues the record streak of 285+ days between accumalable snow :eek:

Up here (slightly north of Milwaukee) we're getting dumped on. There's probably 2" out there right now, and there will be much more by the end of the week

Up here (slightly north of Milwaukee) we're getting dumped on. There's probably 2" out there right now, and there will be much more by the end of the week

Damn! :lol: Well enjoy.

I guess it's probably better anyway, considering my LGT is garaged at the moment with some parts in route :mad:

Should be good to go early next week! :D

Damn! :lol: Well enjoy.

I guess it's probably better anyway, considering my LGT is garaged at the moment with some parts in route :mad:

Should be good to go early next week! :D

Just in time for the next round of snow coming your way. I'll be down in South Bend, IN by then and they're predicted to get a few days of snow right around Christmas

Just in time for the next round of snow coming your way. I'll be down in South Bend, IN by then and they're predicted to get a few days of snow right around Christmas

For sure! Yea good timing too, just got All new LCA bushings, New tires, and waiting on new sway bar end links! Front will be feeling tight as ever! :D

For sure! Yea good timing too, just got All new LCA bushings, New tires, and waiting on new sway bar end links! Front will be feeling tight as ever! :D

You'll be happy with the upgrade. I was in on the Hotchkis sway bar group buy and I got the endlinks, mounts, and bars... very tight, sporty suspension. It's a wonder why the car didn't come like this to begin with

Put my damn winter tires on a month ago and we haven't seen a lick of snow, and it's been +50* most of that time... My winter tires had a season left in them, now I'm not sure bc I drive so much, starting to shop for new ones :mad:

You'll be happy with the upgrade. I was in on the Hotchkis sway bar group buy and I got the endlinks, mounts, and bars... very tight, sporty suspension. It's a wonder why the car didn't come like this to begin with

Ohh I bet. ha... Yea I'm looking forward to it.

I haven't done the sway bar just yet, so at the moment, I'm just gonna throw some ralliteks on there for the endlinks, I opted to pass on the crappy OEM bushing/arm replacement, and I upgraded the bushings with a set of Whitelines, and I think next season It will be about time to start considering new strut's etc, so when that comes time, I'll probably consider upgrading the sway bars as well, along with some other complimentary bushings :) all a process, but ya know what, now that I'm commiting to keeping the LGT for the long haul, I'm sort of looking forward to bringing her back to better status then she ever was!

Ohh I bet. ha... Yea I'm looking forward to it.

I haven't done the sway bar just yet, so at the moment, I'm just gonna throw some ralliteks on there for the endlinks, I opted to pass on the crappy OEM bushing/arm replacement, and I upgraded the bushings with a set of Whitelines, and I think next season It will be about time to start considering new strut's etc, so when that comes time, I'll probably consider upgrading the sway bars as well, along with some other complimentary bushings :) all a process, but ya know what, now that I'm commiting to keeping the LGT for the long haul, I'm sort of looking forward to bringing her back to better status then she ever was!

Do the sway bar now.

< $150 + 20 minutes and it's transformative.

Do the sway bar now.

< $150 + 20 minutes and it's transformative.

:lol:

I would man, but I need my car back on the road like YESTERDAY :(

But I look at this way, now that the LCA's are done, and Endlinks replaced soon, When I get my new struts etc, I'll do the sway bar, and that will round things out nicely, plus gimme some time to decide on what I want on there.

Doesn't help that I JUST bought 2 new freaking guns, and then all this happened with the legacy, and weeks before Christmas no less... My wallet hates me right now! ha

You will be doing 100% of the work required to swap a new swaybar when you do the endlinks. Just sayin. Stock STi bars work and are dirt ass cheap used.

STI bars swap right in? Same year STI I take it? I'm surprised they'd mock up same for same to the 05 legacy... Hmm.... Got my wheels turning here.

And is that a part that can be found listed pretty easily even on the forum here? Sorry bouncing back and forth, while I'm sitting here decorating cookies with the fiance! :lol:

STI bars swap right in? Same year STI I take it? I'm surprised they'd mock up same for same to the 05 legacy... Hmm.... Got my wheels turning here.

And is that a part that can be found listed pretty easily even on the forum here? Sorry bouncing back and forth, while I'm sitting here decorating cookies with the fiance! :lol:

To my knowledge, the fronts swap in but not the rear as the STIs have a wider rear track than our LGTs do. This is only for GR STIs, as their chassis is a slight make-over of ours

To my knowledge, the fronts swap in but not the rear as the STIs have a wider rear track than our LGTs do. This is only for GR STIs, as their chassis is a slight make-over of ours

Trying to find some feedback on results people have had after doing so, and whether there pleased with the affect.

Thanks for the info

I'm not ruling this out now... I'm considering trying to find something to swap in for the Stock sway bar since I'll be having the endlinks tweaked soon. I'm sure I'd need to buy a bushing set upgrade for the STI bar for install no?

There's a JDM rear sway (#1 recommended mod for starting tuner) for sale in the marketplace now iirc.

On the other hand, it is a drastic improvement/change to the stock handling. Good idea right before winter?

Archived