LegacyGT.com

Snow... Are You Ready?

Gotta get my WS-70s mounted to my winter wheels before I can put them on the car. We're getting frost in the mornings here, and if I take a corner a little too fast on my way to work the car gets a little loose. I also bought a set of 16" wheels and Dunlop winter tires for the fiancee's Subaru (she's from TX and doesn't know how to drive in the snow with all-season tires as last year proved).

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting closer - actually snowed lightly this morning and a couple days ago with no accumulation on the ground which is good since i"m still on my summer wheel and tire setup.

Painted the wings on my OEM grill, painting my backup CF front lip this weekend, as well as removing the CF fog bezels and license plate relocation for the winter months. Been shopping winter tires as well since mine are due for replacement. Already got the all weather mats in and tossed the ice scraper in just in case.

Regarding snow and ice-- if you don't want your doors to freeze, I would recommend putting some carmex on the tops of your windows. The first winter I got my LGT my doors froze once a week. Last winter I put carmex on the windows and they never froze once.

I hope so ! Im running Continental DWS A/S :lol:

have these for the summer. put them on last spring then we got a little dusting...wasn't overly impressed by them. glad i had decided to put generals on my oem wheels! could plow through 8 inches no problem

• Mega Users
No, the snow tires for both cars are still in the shed, the skis are still here in CT. I'll move the skis to house in VT in a few weeks. Then it can snow.

likewise. except i only have one lgt.

thinking about tuning the skis for the first time since i bought them in 04

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

^ Get the ski tune. You won't believe the improvement, especially on the ice. You'll be faster and more in control at the same time. I get mine tuned once a year.

As far as winter setup, I was thinking about plastidipping my oem wheels with snows on them, which I haven't done yet. Plus I have a fence in my backyard that needs to go in before the ground freezes. So um, I'm not ready for winter at all. No snow next week spc. Seriously. That would not go well for me.

• I Donated Too
First video is real informative. But theres like a 2-3min video on youtube about subaru symmetrical awd that really tells you why subaru awd is the best.

too bad you're only 2WD :lol:

OT: After getting no snow last year, I'm definitely looking forward to some white stuff. Just not too much.

• I Donated Too
I hope so ! Im running Continental DWS A/S :lol:

Theres a potential Noreaster that could possibly hit the east cost early next week. If its cold enough it will be like the big snow storm we had last year the day before Halloween.

First video is real informative. But theres like a 2-3min video on youtube about subaru symmetrical awd that really tells you why subaru awd is the best.

:attention::attention::attention:

We've been over this before, knowing your background, I can't believe that. :)

^ Get the ski tune. You won't believe the improvement, especially on the ice. You'll be faster and more in control at the same time. I get mine tuned once a year.

QUOTE]

To bring you up to speed, he and my son used to be on the Okemo's race team for 6 years. They know what a tuned ski can do.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

North east should be more concerned about getting their snorkels hooked up if this hurricane ends up coming this way. Damn if a cat3 his long island...gunna be at least a month with no power

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

We've been over this before, knowing your background, I can't believe that. :)

QUOTE]

To bring you up to speed, he and my son used to be on the Okemo's race team for 6 years. They know what a tuned ski can do.

Have you at least waxed them in eight years? Your bases might be garbage

wondering if having the Leggy is going to help me bust out the skis for the first time in 3 seasons. the gf is supposedly into skiing too but I'll believe it when I see it!

Im looking forward to the snow as well, got a little bit here in MN this morning (up North). Dont meant to jack a thread, but does anybody want to chime in on snow tire usage? Ive always driven diesel trucks and never had snow tires. Being an automotive tech, I would say I should get some, but Im really loving this AWD! Thanks and sorry in advance...

• Mega Users
Im looking forward to the snow as well, got a little bit here in MN this morning (up North). Dont meant to jack a thread, but does anybody want to chime in on snow tire usage? Ive always driven diesel trucks and never had snow tires. Being an automotive tech, I would say I should get some, but Im really loving this AWD! Thanks and sorry in advance...

the difference between all seasons and snow tires is immense.

If you are planning on keeping the car for another 60,000 miles I would spend the dough and buy dedicated tires for winter and summer.

Hankook V12s for the summer

WS70s for the winter

Both are the best for the money IMO.

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

^^^ This. I have the same summer and winter tires and they both make a world of difference.

AWD won't help you stop any better than FWD or RWD. Especially if you're in MN, you may want to get some snows. Subaru really does have a nice AWD system, but with some lousy all-season tires you won't get anywhere in slush. Last year I had 6/32" left on my Kumho Ecsta ASTs, and in the 1-mile it took to get to my fiancee's apartment, I nearly hit 3 different curbs going 5-10mph

North east should be more concerned about getting their snorkels hooked up if this hurricane ends up coming this way. Damn if a cat3 his long island...gunna be at least a month with no power

I'm ready; Generator, gas cans & cars are full. It's ironic that Today I drove the roadster with the top down too work & back. 58*F at 4am. 68*F at 4pm. Tomorrow will be the same. Then by Tues. we could see flooding or feet of snow or a little of both:spin::spin::spin:

Well at least if my hill I live on turns into a island :eek:, like Sept.2011. I have a 2 acre pond full of fish (catfish,bass & sunies) & acres of woods full of game. That likes using my pond as a watering hole:rolleyes: ,nothing like have you food come to you;):). I'll run out gas about 10days, but at least I won't be hungry:spin::rolleyes::lol:.

Mike

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

Archived