LegacyGT.com

Snow... Are You Ready?

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply
By far the best snow tire I have ever had the experience of using was the Nokian Hakkapelita (studless) though studs are nice, the studless version has the best ice traction I have ever seen. For summers I am going with an old favorite of mine Cooper RS3a

Michelin Pilot Alpin PA2's, I thought they had better dry road "turn in" feel then my Dunlop's summer only's. Had them for 4 winters

Were great in the snow too. Just hated the price.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Waiting to mount my blizzak LM_25's to my winter wheels, got my rack installed and coolant change today
StageIII Cryotune-Kinugawa STS TD06H-20GTX 9 blade turbine, ID1000, DW65c, 73mm MegaMAF , GS EWG up-pipe, Downpipe and EBCS, FMS FMIC, TGV Delete, Brembo swap

Waiting to mount my blizzak LM_25's to my winter wheels, got my rack installed and coolant change today

That's the tire I replaced the PA2 with, much cheaper, good in the snow, but I can tell the difference in dry performance.

Just goes to show, you get what you pay for.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

• Mega Users
We've been over this before, knowing your background, I can't believe that. :)

^ Get the ski tune. You won't believe the improvement, especially on the ice. You'll be faster and more in control at the same time. I get mine tuned once a year.

QUOTE]

To bring you up to speed, he and my son used to be on the Okemo's race team for 6 years. They know what a tuned ski can do.

I still kill it.

I don't like sharp edges on a big mountain ski. On the race course, they were must.

I'm just going to drip some hot wax on them and flat file the edges slightly

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

We actually got snow the last two days here. Been pretty exciting since last winter was so bone dry in Colorado. Nothing really stuck to the pavement though because it was in the 70's for weeks before. Not supposed to get above 40 for a few days too; we might actually get a winter this year!

My Blizzak WS70's do great on cold pavement and in slush and water as well as packed/loose snow and reasonably well on ice. Being studless, driving on true ice, not just iced over packed snow, can still be a little interesting.

We've been over this before, knowing your background, I can't believe that. :)

I still kill it.

I don't like sharp edges on a big mountain ski. On the race course, they were must.

I'm just going to drip some hot wax on them and flat file the edges slightly

Show off, Yea, I'm still amazed when I see some of your teammates from back in the day on the hill. I can still keep up with some of the J4's, on a good day. But most times I know my place, I just stop and let them go by.

• Mega Users

Show off, Yea, I'm still amazed when I see some of your teammates from back in the day on the hill. I can still keep up with some of the J4's, on a good day. But most times I know my place, I just stop and let them go by.

Haha. I don't see too many people there still unfortunately. I can't believe we didn't run into each other last year.

This year for sure

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

Haha. I don't see too many people there still unfortunately. I can't believe we didn't run into each other last year.

This year for sure

Just look for the yellow POC helmet, I'm the only one with a yellow POC full helmet. I sometimes have one of my red jackets on or one of my yellow ones. Could be with black, dark grey or light gray pants. Oh, yea, Orange Tecnica boots. Volkl skis. Silver and blue ICE poles that I bought from Shon in the mid 90's.

I can email you some pictures.

Sorry to hijack the thread.... yea, right...;)

You ski guys, what are some good forums to read on equipment?

6' 155lbs, brand new Volkl RTM 80's 176's. Fast/aggressive, all length turns, like the trees, no jumps/tricks.. need new boots (my salomon Xwaves are 11 years old), I do get cold feet easily while rest of me is more than fine (other than hands).

You ski guys, what are some good forums to read on equipment?

6' 155lbs, brand new Volkl RTM 80's 176's. Fast/aggressive, all length turns, like the trees, no jumps/tricks.. need new boots (my salomon Xwaves are 11 years old), I do get cold feet easily while rest of me is more than fine (other than hands).

You can also find me over on http://www.epicski.com

I'm not there as much as I used to be.

I'll PM you.

I am not looking forward to the snow but Im excited to see how the Suby can do in the ice and snow. My wife and I have only driven trucks and large SUV's in the snow so this will be interesting.

We recieved a little snow but not enough to stick on the roads yet. I do not have any snow tires, but I have brand new Proxes 4+'s that have been siped so hopefully they are good enough. If not wi will slap some winter tires on it .

The cars are great in the snow and ice. My 05 was the first one I put snow tires on, my 98 and 00' GT's just had good all-seasons and had no problem.

I have driven those cars in worse conditions then my 05. If you use your head, you'll be fine with those tires.

Archived