LegacyGT.com

Snow... Are You Ready?

Yeah I know the Proxes 4 is not going to be the best in the snow, but i know its a very good overall tire. I love Toyo's I have had nothing but good things to say about them.

Like I said if my wife feels like she is unsafe in the snow on those tires I will go down and get her some snow tires.

We will have to see how this winter is, 2 winters ago we got a ton of snow and it was pretty nasty, last winter not so much. It would snow melt snow melt. SO we will have to see how this winter goes

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No snow in southern CO yet. Luckily I only drive the LGT on my days off. Had a tire fail on me about a month ago, so just went with a set of new Goodyear Eagle all-seasons. Then a week later a buddy of mine had a deal too good to pass up: Raze (yes, no names) gold six-spokes with good tires for $200, no curbage.

So now the stock LGT wheels will be my winters and the new ones will be summertime. Even though it hasn't snowed yet, I'm interested how the new Goodyears will handle the weather. Kinda wishing I would've just bought snow tires, but we'll see.

That's what I have on mine GY eagle rs-a. I read some reviews on them and people were not very happy with them on wet/winter conditions but tbh I have actually been very happy with the winter performance I've been gettin out of them! Maybe it's just our badass awd and I've deff used better a/s tired but I'm satisfied with these for sure

Schools closed.

I somewhat hope a similar situation occurs this week for me. Weather.com shows 100% for snow with 6-10 inches of heavy wet snow on Tuesday, which is unheard of for here in October. If classes are cancelled Wednesday, that means I go to work with Dad, and then I get to drive the big '93 Nissan Hardbody. All the 5 speed, 4x4 fun I can handle. that also means I get paid twice this week :icon_chee

But I'm sure you're out for the hurricane. You guys stay safe up there.

About to go to woburn to pick up my car from the mechanic. About 50 miles each way. Hope its not too bad in about an hour on my way home.

Then ill park her safely in my garage where she will be out of harms way.

For snow : Excellent choice if your goal is to be stuck in your driveway.

For rain : Excellent choice if you plan on rear ending someone.

might be a stupid question, but how good/bad would bridgestone potenza's be?

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/513m9DWFAPL._SL350_.jpg

For snow : Excellent choice if your goal is to be stuck in your driveway.

For rain : Excellent choice if you plan on rear ending someone.

I don't know where you guys learned to drive but damn. I had Potenzas on my 03 Lgt for 5 years with no problems and winters here in Fairbanks are 9 months long. I'm not saying there great winter tires but I put 75,000 miles on a set without a hiccup

might be a stupid question, but how good/bad would bridgestone potenza's be?

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/513m9DWFAPL._SL350_.jpg

Which ones are those, they make more then just a pole position in that series ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I only had one experience with them when I first purchased my Legacy, tires were nearly bald. I've read a ton about these tires and hardly any good or positive feedback.

I don't know where you guys learned to drive but damn. I had Potenzas on my 03 Lgt for 5 years with no problems and winters here in Fairbanks are 9 months long. I'm not saying there great winter tires but I put 75,000 miles on a set without a hiccup

Hankook snow tires still in bags in the basement. Still hoping to find a deal on some decent 17" wheels to put them on. Way cheaper to get 17" wheels than to get 18" snow tires for the stock Spec B wheels. I also need to change my rear struts before the snow falls. I never bought 17" wheels last winter because we didn't get that much snow. Odd for Michigan.

My car's not a sleeper it's a hibernator.

http://pure-tuning.com

I'm rocking these Yokahamas on the LGT. Hope they do OK in the snow.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Yokohama&tireModel=AVID+ENVigor+(W-Speed+Rated)&partnum=145WR7ENV&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Subaru&autoYear=2005&autoModel=Legacy%20Sedan%202.5%20GT&autoModClar=Limited&wtpackage=true

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

Which ones are those, they make more then just a pole position in that series ?

G 019 grid

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Potenza+G+019+Grid&sidewall=Blackwall

Some reviews on TR say they are loud and may cup & feather.

There are better options for less money: Kumho Ecsta 4X, General G-MAX AS-03, Dunlop SP Sport Signature.

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

• I Donated Too
I'm rockin' the all season Eagle GT's

Pretty much no tread on them anymore, but can't get new snow tires cuz I had to buy books instead

hope it doesn't snow lol ...someone sell me a used set:P

tires > ubercoolwadio setup

G 019 grid

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Potenza+G+019+Grid&sidewall=Blackwall

Some reviews on TR say they are loud and may cup & feather.

There are better options for less money: Kumho Ecsta 4X, General G-MAX AS-03, Dunlop SP Sport Signature.

idk, they came with the car and have a lot of tread left, so i decided to keep them.

Archived