LegacyGT.com

Snow... Are You Ready?

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am in need of some affordable snow tires. Sadly, AWD is only as good as one's tires. I've got some all-seasons that seem to be great as resisting wear-and-tear but are pretty awful when it comes to traction.

Does anyone know of any good deals on a second set of wheels and/or snow tires, preferably in Minnesota? The only experience I have buying tires is from Discount Tire, but their prices are too high for me right now. I would love to get a set of wheels and tires for around $500 to $1000. At this point, cheaper is better. I suspect that even bottom-of-the-barrel snow tires will be better than my current setup.

I've also found that keeping an extra 150 pounds or so in the back of my wagon helps immensely with handling in the snow. As a bonus, it's 150 pounds of salt, so it might come in handy if I ever get stuck.

I am in need of some affordable snow tires. Sadly, AWD is only as good as one's tires. I've got some all-seasons that seem to be great as resisting wear-and-tear but are pretty awful when it comes to traction.

Does anyone know of any good deals on a second set of wheels and/or snow tires, preferably in Minnesota? The only experience I have buying tires is from Discount Tire, but their prices are too high for me right now. I would love to get a set of wheels and tires for around $500 to $1000. At this point, cheaper is better. I suspect that even bottom-of-the-barrel snow tires will be better than my current setup.

I've also found that keeping an extra 150 pounds or so in the back of my wagon helps immensely with handling in the snow. As a bonus, it's 150 pounds of salt, so it might come in handy if I ever get stuck.

Check the for sale forum, I found OEM wheels for both my cars there.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I had a set for sale earlier this year for $400, wheels & tires. The deals are out there, you just have to look. Try Nasioc if there's nothing available here. I hear you guys got pummeled last weekend and are due for more this weekend-- good luck and stay safe!

Hard part about picking tires this year, was this will probably be my last full winter in the chicagoland area, since my fiance and I plan to move to AZ next year. So I didn't want to invest in a PURELY all season/snow tire.

I'm sure these tires I got will work out decently

We avoid the northstar lift from about 8:45 on a busy Saturday, eat a early lunch, load it about 11:50-12:10 and not come back to it.

We have been getting to it by 7:40 the past few weekends. The benifit of a Ultrapass.

We load for our second run before 8AM.

I have a good ten days off between Christmas and new years and im debating coming up...but that week is the worst for any mountain. If i do make it up I'll drop you a pm maybe we can shred some runs and get a little photo shoot in too

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I have a good ten days off between Christmas and new years and im debating coming up...but that week is the worst for any mountain. If i do make it up I'll drop you a pm maybe we can shred some runs and get a little photo shoot in too

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I'll be there from Xmas night, on. As well as the Saturday before Xmas.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

put winter tires on weeks ago after the silly nor'easter here... still waiting for more snow... this better not turn out like last year. bought studded tires for my truck, never snowed.

Oh, so it's your fault...

might very well be. though i could buy a snow thrower and really seal the deal, so be nice.

Oh yea, I bought my Toro snow blower last year as well...

Just swapped over to Xi3's from my alpin pa3's that had a bulge (and significantly less tread than they started with before last weekend's snow storm for some odd reason).

Can't wait for another round next week to see how these stack up. So far they murder the PA3's in hard pack snow and ice.

Bring it on. :)

Archived