LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

20 hours ago, SoobyDoobyDoo said:

Did some searching and found the oil pan thread with part numbers and different combinations folks have used. I got the 06 oil pan part number. Think I’m just gonna use a iag pick up and 06 oil pan. Do you all just use the stock windage tray/baffle? TIA! 

Stock windage tray is almost certainly going to be fine for 'occassional spirited use'. They had a combination offer when I bought mine, so I just figured why not? If I was going to go to the trouble of taking off the oil pan and all the headache that goes along with it, might just as well be done with it all at once.

I do think the IAG windage tray is a nice design and will work better than stock to keep oil from splashing up into the moving internal but whether or not that matters for someones individual use case.....?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/17/2024 at 12:22 PM, xt2005bonbon said:

Don't know if it matters, but the 05 and 06 also have different length dipsticks (05 is longer). My cars are outbacks though. Don't think that makes a difference though..

That's a great and important point. I remember reading about French resistance sabotaging new trucks they were building for Nazi Germany Wehrmacht during WW2 by making the oil dipsticks longer than originals.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

My driver side climate control actuator is kaput. Stuck in fully open position blasting heat. Was OK in the winter but now that the temps are in their 50s during the day it has become a problem. Anyone have part ## for both? I recall reading that

a) replacing driver side is more difficult

b) some WRX actuators are 100% fit despite different part#.

On 3/17/2024 at 7:14 PM, SoobyDoobyDoo said:

Did some searching and found the oil pan thread with part numbers and different combinations folks have used. I got the 06 oil pan part number. Think I’m just gonna use a iag pick up and 06 oil pan. Do you all just use the stock windage tray/baffle? TIA! 

Fun fact: 2006 Outback 2.5i's also come with the same PN# of the desired STi pan. If you wanted one dirt cheap, I'm sure you could find one in a Pick n Pull. 

I, too, grabbed my KB pick up and baffle under a packaged deal. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

MILKRUN  - Click Here

4 hours ago, SubOperator said:

My driver side climate control actuator is kaput. Stuck in fully open position blasting heat. Was OK in the winter but now that the temps are in their 50s during the day it has become a problem. Anyone have part ## for both? I recall reading that

Classic! The above should help. I had replaced my passenger side last fall, and had referenced this, and parts.subaru.com, for PN#s. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

MILKRUN  - Click Here

It’s always a bummer when a part survives 14 years then meets it’s demise from a careless shipping accident. Boo.

Finding an oem low mileage altinators for our cars gets harder everyday. 

C921EF6E-5D07-454D-B93E-9B5CDBCBC530.jpeg

9526779C-709F-4898-ADF3-C26D7266C596.jpeg

EE72E202-6F90-4D87-A7CB-A24B38EC2082.jpeg

• Sad 4

I just passed the 299,792.458 kilometre point on the odometer.  What's the significance of that?  It is one light-second in distance.  Makes you wonder about the size of astronomical units like light years.  300,000 is coming up soon.

• Like 5

On 3/15/2024 at 1:02 PM, KZJonny said:

That's what I came up with as well upon searching more. Bummer I'll have to get them shipped in from the US. Seems a little unlikely that as small as Canadia is, that there wouldn't be some way to replaced 'frikkin injector o-rings, which are 'single use...' 

Everything has to be the hard way huh?

EDIT: $35 USD for International shipping. I think I am going to have to find some other way.

Contact this guy: https://performancefuelinjection.ca/

He is pretty well respected around here for injector rebuilds and testing. He did mine on my old car (yellow side feeds). He doesn't show the parts on his site but he can get them for sure. The full rebuild and testing on mine was $100 or $150 with the parts being like $30 I think, for o-rings, filter baskets, and pintle caps (I used the older style with less ports and plastic pintle caps).

25 minutes ago, lagwagon said:

Contact this guy: https://performancefuelinjection.ca/

He is pretty well respected around here for injector rebuilds and testing. He did mine on my old car (yellow side feeds). He doesn't show the parts on his site but he can get them for sure. The full rebuild and testing on mine was $100 or $150 with the parts being like $30 I think, for o-rings, filter baskets, and pintle caps (I used the older style with less ports and plastic pintle caps).

That's a great resource dude, thanks. 

There is a guy/company in the GTA that does this as well, and that's a 1.5 hour drive for me instead of 3 days. ;)

On the other hand, if you google parts for JECS injectors, you get lots of results for 0-ring + filter basket kits. SO, that's an option as well, instead of looking up 'subaru side feed injectors' etc... My local subaru speed parts place sells the o-ring kit with lubricant from Deutschwerks for like $25CAD, which seemed reasonable.

In hindsight, an ebay kit would probably also be just fine, and you get new filter baskets, etc... If I see anything that suggests the injectors need cleaning, I'll send a spare set out and get them totally rebuilt, then swap them in.

Edited by KZJonny

14 hours ago, ChicagoSam said:

It’s always a bummer when a part survives 14 years then meets it’s demise from a careless shipping accident. Boo.

Finding an oem low mileage altinators for our cars gets harder everyday. 

C921EF6E-5D07-454D-B93E-9B5CDBCBC530.jpeg

9526779C-709F-4898-ADF3-C26D7266C596.jpeg

EE72E202-6F90-4D87-A7CB-A24B38EC2082.jpeg

My alternator also has a broken fin or two like that. Probably not ideal, but I haven't had issues for several years. On the pulley, can you swap that with a straight one? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, SubOperator said:

Here's what I just ordered for that exact problem in my 05. Note I'm only replacing the driver temp actuator and the blend door. Passenger temp is fine for me. 

Haven't installed them yet, but yeah I've been reading the driver side almost certainly requires unbolting the dash. I feel like I saw somewhere one of those shorty right angle screw drivers helped avoid removal. 

Screenshot_20240319-134647.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, seanyb505 said:

Here's what I just ordered for that exact problem in my 05. Note I'm only replacing the driver temp actuator and the blend door. Passenger temp is fine for me. 

Haven't installed them yet, but yeah I've been reading the driver side almost certainly requires unbolting the dash. I feel like I saw somewhere one of those shorty right angle screw drivers helped avoid removal. 

Screenshot_20240319-134647.png

Awesome, thank you! I'll order the parts for all of them, and will see if I can avoid taking the dashboard out. 

6 hours ago, tysparks81 said:

Picked up a used q300, so will be swapping exhaust soon

I had to sell mine, was way too loud for me. Plus being an echo chamber of the wagon didn't help.

12 hours ago, SubOperator said:

I had to sell mine, was way too loud for me. Plus being an echo chamber of the wagon didn't help.

I had it on my first legacy and I loved it, but the baffles in this one seem to be gone so I'm not entirely sure how they are going to sound on my car.  But anything is better than the magnaflow I have on there now as they are just too raspy for me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

#LGTSTi is still cheaper and nicer then an equal year wrxsti

Follow my 2007 Spec B. Build here

We have been having 60-70 degree weather so I took the car cover off. Put the Summer wheel package on then got a hose out washed and dried the LGT. Then took it for a spin windows and sun roof open. I think I will do a little vacuuming today of the interior.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, seanyb505 said:

Ugh yeah that sucks. Shipping insurance? 

Curious to see how this one plays out considering it came from JPN auctions. I see now what the deal is with those…looks like you can rebuild it which is nice but the voltage regulator seems like it’s more than the whole damn thing…Denso is the oem manufacturer isn’t it? 

Funny story about the car meet I went to. It was 95% wrx’s and STi’s….all I’ll say is, as soon as I opened the door I was greeted by a cloud of vape smoke. I knew then I was very out of place…🤣🤣🤣 Still had a good time there were some cool cars. Def a very different crowd though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

I took my wagon to a car show last weekend and was also overwhelmed by the amount of shenanigans. It was pretty embarrassing, although not an overwhelmingly Subaru crowd, but just obnoxious behavior. I left before the police asked everyone to vacate.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Parked next to this STI a few times on a milkrun. Finally caught the owner walking up and said ‘Gorgeous ride’. Flat response.  Idek if he realized I was in a Subie. Kids these days. Legacy’s are a sign of maturity. 

IMG_0122.jpeg

• Like 6

53 minutes ago, Kojak said:

image.thumb.jpeg.370f1e1a77f9ee855b3cbed7a61c18ef.jpeg

Why bother with the vapes?

They're all WRXs right? Someone is bound to blow out ringlands and start a smoke show before too long.

What's the hurry?

• Haha 3