LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

1 hour ago, GearJamr said:

I have whatever came on the 2005 MY GT.  Assuming this question was for me.  :)  

Yes, it was.
I just made a new set of lines for my car. It is a clone of the updated 2008-2014 dual damper setup not very expensive. With all new parts, hose, clamps, dampers, quick disconnects it was about $75. 

I am using top feed OEM lines so the FPR is mounted on the drivers side rail assy. I'm converting from Side to Top feed with OEM parts TGVs, rails etc.  I hope I have all the mix and matching sorted now. For the vacuum reference I will use the cylinder 4 signal, but I will T it into another vacuum source to get a more stable signal. 

One of my cheap HID ballasts gave out after 9 years of service. I'm impressed they lasted that long.

So, being that I am a "while we're there" kind of person, I pulled the trigger on something I've wanted for a long long time.

Snapchat-1749273268.jpg

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, alex0856 said:

One of my cheap HID ballasts gave out after 9 years of service. I'm impressed they lasted that long.

So, being that I am a "while we're there" kind of person, I pulled the trigger on something I've wanted for a long long time.

Snapchat-1749273268.jpg

Pics when they're installed!

I don't know if I've ever seen bi-xenon projectors in a GT in person. Probably not.

I messed around with some of that, but ultimately didn't like the HID setup and tore it out in favour of OE + IR coated bulbs. But, I have the feeling that the newer lighting is better than the old stuff that came with my car, so I'm genuinely curious to know what it is like now.

Will do! I saw these in person in 2017 (some of you may remember MrTris) and was sold instantly. The light is very "clean" so even though you're limited to 35W bulbs the overall output is better.

Got my JDM engine bay covers installed to cover up the power steering and battery bits.  Cleans up the engine bay a bit.  Avo JDM was too rich for shipping, so I did the slow-boat from Japan instead.  Took two months to get here.

And after doing this I noticed the bright blue label on the radiator hose.  Might see how easy that comes off...

PXL_20240329_163543833.thumb.jpg.c667d15a7c5668eb45c379c8e6b1591d.jpg

• Like 4

On 3/28/2024 at 6:22 AM, alex0856 said:

Snapchat-1749273268.jpg

Nice!  I'm always looking for ways to improve visibility (without blinding others).  I'll be interested to see how these work out.  Are Bi-xenon the ones with the shutter that opens for high beams?

47 minutes ago, SilentJ20 said:

Got my JDM engine bay covers installed to cover up the power steering and battery bits.  Cleans up the engine bay a bit.  Avo JDM was too rich for shipping, so I did the slow-boat from Japan instead.  Took two months to get here.

And after doing this I noticed the bright blue label on the radiator hose.  Might see how easy that comes off...

PXL_20240329_163543833.thumb.jpg.c667d15a7c5668eb45c379c8e6b1591d.jpg

After you "fix" the blue label, you'll end up noticing the yellow caps and wander over to Grimmspeed to learn they have black versions...  :hide:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 3/28/2024 at 9:28 AM, KZJonny said:

Pics when they're installed!

I don't know if I've ever seen bi-xenon projectors in a GT in person. Probably not.

I messed around with some of that, but ultimately didn't like the HID setup and tore it out in favour of OE + IR coated bulbs. But, I have the feeling that the newer lighting is better than the old stuff that came with my car, so I'm genuinely curious to know what it is like now.

I have bi-LED setup with my JDM front end conversion done. Was somewhat skeptical at first but now after driving with it the improvement is very noticeable.

I should do a write-up on the convo one of these days.

• Like 1

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

On 3/19/2024 at 10:39 AM, tehspud said:

Whelp, it’s up for sale. Just here for now, if it doesn’t get much traction I’ll put it up on FB as well. 

Is this you?
https://carsandbids.com/auctions/KZJvYXLA/2005-subaru-legacy-25-gt-wagon

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Had to park the OBXT for the moment. Have been dealing with an odd misfire that has steadily been getting worse. The good news is I’m now pretty sure it’s spark-related. It’s the only time in my life I’ve wanted to see a blinking CEL to try to track down the misbehaving cylinder, so I’ll knock that and the dodgy knock sensor(/wiring) out at the same time.

2 hours ago, SilentJ20 said:

Nice!  I'm always looking for ways to improve visibility (without blinding others).  I'll be interested to see how these work out.  Are Bi-xenon the ones with the shutter that opens for high beams?

Yes they are. I actually forgot that that's what I was getting myself in to. So I'm looking forward even more so to this upgrade.

I might wire my old high beams to a separate switch just for funsies while I'm there.

• Like 1

Getting the Camel ready for a track day next Friday. Excited to see how it does with the new Haltech! Auto X a few weeks ago went great. Will be doing fresh fluids all around. Oil, trans, dif, and brakes. Could probably use a more aggressive alignment but won’t have time before Friday. Next time. 

IMG_1929.webp

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, Gex said:

Getting the Camel ready for a track day next Friday. Excited to see how it does with the new Haltech! Auto X a few weeks ago went great. Will be doing fresh fluids all around. Oil, trans, dif, and brakes. Could probably use a more aggressive alignment but won’t have time before Friday. Next time. 

IMG_1929.webp

What is this black border around the reverse light?

IMG_1118.jpeg

4 hours ago, xt2005bonbon said:

How much did you pay for the tailgate piece? Why did you get a seatbelt?

$30 something? They rang it up as a spoiler instead of $75 as a tailgate. 

Seatbelt is part of retrofitting later seats into my 05. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, WRX USA said:

What is this black border around the reverse light?

IMG_1118.jpeg

Poor workmanship with a razor blade.  That light had some weird rtv seal around it from po and during the wrap we accidentally cut all the way around the rtv seal. 

• Like 2

On 3/29/2024 at 10:34 AM, SubOperator said:

Nope, I only have my wagon listed here for now. Honestly I’ve thought about putting it on C&B, but dealing with shipping and whatnot at the end seems like it would be a hassle. I would also definitely have to replace the fuel hoses before putting it up there. Something I’ll probably do if the person I’m talking to about the wagon falls through. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Smithcraft said:

If that had a sun roof...

SC

Mine does… but not the vf52, and it has the smelly/weepy rubber fuel lines beneath the intake manifold. No fuel gushing out, just makes the cabin stink in the winter. You can see in my post history it was worse but I’ve at least tightened down the clamp you can get to. 

• Like 1

Pulled the engine and tranny from the blue wagon today.

IMG_20240330_093456566_HDR_AE.thumb.jpg.966ead78de4695f1c5fc13e5c36df97a.jpg

I had to replace the 8-ton long ram hydraulic for my engine picker, the old one wouldn't hold pressure. I learned that HF now has a Pittsburgh hydraulic/air ram that you can hook up to your air compressor and it's amazing. So much easier on the old back to lift

• Like 8

On 3/29/2024 at 10:53 AM, killjoy323232 said:

Had to park the OBXT for the moment. Have been dealing with an odd misfire that has steadily been getting worse. The good news is I’m now pretty sure it’s spark-related. It’s the only time in my life I’ve wanted to see a blinking CEL to try to track down the misbehaving cylinder, so I’ll knock that and the dodgy knock sensor(/wiring) out at the same time.

What "dodgy" about the knock sensor wiring? 

Power steering seals i2.5.  Local Subie Dealer parts guy gave me the output U shaped gasket and not the input O-ring that I asked for.  He couldn't even produce a complete diagram of the pump at the counter.  So will attempt to find the correct 34488B O-ring at a parts store and not waste time at dealer, unless with 16 years it would be prudent to replace the other gasket since I already have it in hand.  I like to support locals, but it is hard when the counter guy can't locate and identify the correct part, and I can find it on Amazon in a minute, just sayin.

Replaced rear exterior door handles with amazon specials and the driver side broke, even with gentle use, in two weeks.  To the U-pull it I go.  :-(