LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

15 hours ago, Gex said:

Livery goes on tomorrow. Revealing it at Wagonfest at Dirtfish next weekend!

D4C76E5C-773D-4ECF-B209-E51EFDC2B99D.jpeg

Collin (with the Starlet and Puegot) and I brought you up in discussion just yesterday at Cars and Coffee Tacoma. He said you usually attend the C&C in Woodinville. Might have mention you selling the GT-Four. Anyhow, looking forward to seeing the car next weekend!

• Like 1

MILKRUN  - Click Here

In April of 2016 I finished my engine build and got back on the road with 203,305 miles on the car. Last night on the way back from getting takeout the car hit 253,305 miles, 6.5 years after first start up. 50,000 miles on my hack job of an engine feels nice. Ultimate goal is 100k, or 10 years, that way I can update the build again while doing a timing belt. Same thing I did last time. Thanks for all the info and support legacygt.com! 

• Like 7

Nice. I rebuilt mine (with new short block) during Covid (~March-May 2020). It's already been 40K now! I have a JMP VF52 and now thinking of getting a DOM 1.5 XTR. I need more juice as I am using crappy 91 vs 93 and live at 2600ft altitude. Need to compensate you know. :spin:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NORULZleggy said:

You selling that GT-4???

GT-4 was sold in February of this year. That is my Starlet GT Turbo done in Castrol livery. Sold the GT-4 to get a Pajero Evo. Still have my Evo4 and a few other JDM cars. The Pajero will be here mid October!

Wrap is complete and the car is back together. It looks amazing! My favorite wrap I’ve done to date. Can’t wait to share it Saturday.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Gex said:

GT-4 was sold in February of this year. That is my Starlet GT Turbo done in Castrol livery. Sold the GT-4 to get a Pajero Evo. Still have my Evo4 and a few other JDM cars. The Pajero will be here mid October!

Wrap is complete and the car is back together. It looks amazing! My favorite wrap I’ve done to date. Can’t wait to share it Saturday.

Where do you get your cars at or import them from. I still hear the R32/R33 just drive so great even at their age.

23 minutes ago, NORULZleggy said:

Where do you get your cars at or import them from. I still hear the R32/R33 just drive so great even at their age.

TheImportGuys out of Ferndale WA!  They've been super good to me.  R32/33 are good. The Evo is the real winner though.  It drives so nice.  Watch some old Best Motoring vids on youtube.  The EVOs regularly dominate the track battles.  

27 minutes ago, Gex said:

TheImportGuys out of Ferndale WA!  They've been super good to me.  R32/33 are good. The Evo is the real winner though.  It drives so nice.  Watch some old Best Motoring vids on youtube.  The EVOs regularly dominate the track battles.  

I agree with you an might get flamed but I had a wicked white EVO when they first came out. It drove so much better then my 04 STI ever did. I love the STI but the EVO was solid.

Silicone hose kit arrived and I decided to try and figure out where they all go.  Pulled radiator and timing covers to get a better look at the hoses coming out of the water pump.  Ordered all aluminum radiator.

I'm no expert, as this is the first Subaru timing belt I've seen, but I think I have another project to add to the list before this car starts again? 😛

timing belt.jpg

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, pksystems said:

Silicone hose kit arrived and I decided to try and figure out where they all go.  Pulled radiator and timing covers to get a better look at the hoses coming out of the water pump.  Ordered all aluminum radiator.

I'm no expert, as this is the first Subaru timing belt I've seen, but I think I have another project to add to the list before this car starts again? 😛

timing belt.jpg

Yikes!

Love me some Best Motoring vids!

MILKRUN  - Click Here

Started prettying up the wagon for WagonFest this weekend. Started with the headlights and Griot’s “extreme” restoration kit. Pretty good results, I’d say!

Before, not too bad for 17 years, but a little haze:

F43509DE-E3F7-4652-A970-5214EE43FB4C.thumb.jpeg.3ec71d1a9e9da6a3021c07be5b630807.jpeg

FAD06AE8-2E6F-42FF-BD6B-2AC2C723FB01.thumb.jpeg.66bac0e0b751d6f3cd50f64adba7eb8f.jpeg

After: 

FA454368-F7E1-4BE3-B77A-A646B67B10EC.thumb.jpeg.09293dd3bd2da254112960571ca223ac.jpeg

6B5D65C2-C6D3-46D0-92FE-0A72C7CEEA33.thumb.jpeg.16da1dbbb32d1674769df83ab06326d1.jpeg

Tomorrow will be a nice wash, clay, and wax, and hopefully time to at least vacuum the inside.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, GearJamr said:

Lovely headlights.  Where did you get the Griot kit?  All I can find up here is Mother's or Meguiars.

Ordered it from their online shop, though apparently they distribute to O'Reilley's and Autozones in Washington. They have a few places in Canada, but not close to Ottawa. https://www.griotsgarage.com/store-locator/

4 hours ago, GearJamr said:

Lovely headlights.  Where did you get the Griot kit?  All I can find up here is Mother's or Meguiars.

https://www.autoobsessed.com/collections/headlight-restoration-kit

Distributor in Edmonton, haven’t found one closer yet, but free shipping at $150.

Got lots of detailing you need to do?

Ima keep looking, there must Be something in Ontario, but maybe not?

I also want to try the ceracoat solution, I’ve done my headlights a couple times with different coatings, and nothing seems to last more than a few years at best. I’m keen to test the ‘lifetime’ ceramic protection, given the reasonable price of entry.

Edited by KZJonny

I knew it was in the forecast, just didn't expect it as heavy as it is, or during my morning commute. I have to get over a mountain pass to get to WagonFest anyway, so I was fully expecting to have to at least go over the car with a quick detailer on the other side. Fresh coat of wax should make that fairly simple. 

On 9/20/2022 at 7:15 AM, NORULZleggy said:

I agree with you an might get flamed but I had a wicked white EVO when they first came out. It drove so much better then my 04 STI ever did. I love the STI but the EVO was solid.

I think I need to stash a TME before they get really out of hand. I’ve owned several STIs up to 2015 and I’ve driven my buddies 2021. Evo is just different. Still love my wagon though. I’ve owned enough of ‘em. Probably always have one stashed. 

iPhone pic Wagon preview. First one I've posted. Rest on Saturday. Maybe tomorrow when the battery on my Cannon is charged.

D6CB9BF7-2E14-469D-9FBB-206C7D1C2FA7.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 9/14/2022 at 7:14 PM, JJr said:

My baby is gone, I still can't believe I let her go, 30 something mother of a 16 month old, she never even got it above 3k, lol, she'll run for a long while since I normally drove like a grandpa. It's been fun guys, this forum was a blast. Off to the Alfa Romeo forums to make my GTV look better than the one below. She'll be Anthracite Gray with Red Leather interior.Thank you everyone over the years.

1971-Alfa-Romeo-1750-GTV.jpg

Sorry to see you go. Such a lark to stumble upon your wagon while walking boxkita. best of luck with the alfa

• Like 2